[1.7.10] AgriCraft

VincenteDrew

Jul 29, 2019
Icy needlees do drop just fine from snowbell's planted on cropsticks. You've likely just been unlucky.

Thank you. You were right. After a bit of bonemeal testing, I got some. It's funny how that works sometimes, you'll have problems with something until you ask someone about it, and then it will miraculously work consistently afterwards. (4 icy needles out of 12 harvests.)

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Are you implying you wont be adding it? beacuse that would be swell.
The point of which would be? All the functionality of IC2 crops already exist in agricraft, including most, if not all, of the crops. Except maybe the sticky reeds. I dunno about that. But yeah, why would you want IC2 seed bag support if you have agricraft installed and are using it instead of IC2 crops? When would you get IC2 seeds if you're just using agricraft? I don't really see the point myself.

hungrybeast

Jul 29, 2019
Can i use it in a Modpack? The Name is EnderCraft and will be hopefully posted on FTB in Future,else in Technic.
Thx in Future.

mamgar

Jul 29, 2019
I like the concept of crossbreeding crops but not the idea of having different stats. is there a way to disable crop leveling completely without being restricted to one yield per harvest?

mamgar

Jul 29, 2019
k, that's cool. what I'm going to do instead is have a very low cap on the crops (i was thinking 3 or 4). but make it so that crops reach the cap extremely easily. which should hopefully be something like what i wanted. The reason i wanted this is i wanted to have pam's harvestcraft, but didn't want the seeds spamming grass drops or the gardens spamming worldgen.

Last edited:

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
If you want more than one fruit per harvest you should set it to 4, from 4 onwards it gives 2, you can also change the configs to make breeding easyer and 4/4/4 should be reachable in 2-3 generations

Reactions: mamgar

MrPeach774

Jul 29, 2019
Can you add a config for an alternate sprinkler recipe? The changes to make the bowls use slabs and such breaks the oak slab recipe with gregtech installed and can't really be fixed.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Can you add a config for an alternate sprinkler recipe? The changes to make the bowls use slabs and such breaks the oak slab recipe with gregtech installed and can't really be fixed.
What's the recipe with gregtech? I've never really touched it personally.

But if you really want a fix, there's always minetweaker.

MrPeach774

Jul 29, 2019
minetweaker cna't fix it. Agrocraft changes bowls to use slabs. as a result, it also forces the crafting recipe for wood slabs which gregtech normally removes. all that needs to be done is for those two tweaks to be disabled either by default or config and a replacement sprinkkler recipe. Honestly, the sprinkler recipe should be changed. maybe have it include a water tank by default so that it doesn't change vanilla recipes.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
minetweaker cna't fix it. Agrocraft changes bowls to use slabs. as a result, it also forces the crafting recipe for wood slabs which gregtech normally removes. all that needs to be done is for those two tweaks to be disabled either by default or config and a replacement sprinkkler recipe. Honestly, the sprinkler recipe should be changed. maybe have it include a water tank by default so that it doesn't change vanilla recipes.
well how does gregtech make slabs?

MrPeach774

Jul 29, 2019
with a saw. you njeed a saw. this allows you to get them earlier than intended. and it is impossible to remove or change.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
What do you mean with 'forces the crafting recipe for wood slabs'? Also why is it not possible to use minetweaker to add the recipe with the saw back in?

Wolfie_Waffle

Jul 29, 2019
I really love this mod, and I was wondering two things:

1. Can I change the growth rate of all crops in general? I have Hunger Overhaul installed, but the crops still seem to grow too fast. Do they grow faster than vanilla? If there is not already a config option for this, would adding one be a possibility?

2. What does each stat do? As a side note, I also would like to see this:
I like the concept of crossbreeding crops but not the idea of having different stats. is there a way to disable crop leveling completely without being restricted to one yield per harvest?

Anyways, I also just wanted to say that I really like the mod, especially how you added compatibility for Harvestcraft and Minefactory :)

Flabort

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps an add-on can be made that allows you to configure what levels mean what (such as making Yield 2 mean 1-2 produce, Yield 3 means 2-3 produce, etc), make seed drops from grass have random levels (configurable, including what maximums and minimums are dropped), and maybe increase the maximum level past 10, as long as the configuration doesn't create some nonsense like "130% resistant to weeds" (Where the default level 10 is 100% resistant). This add-on could also (configurable) handle increasing the range of cross-crops concerning cross-breeds (Such as within 1-2 tiles orthogonally (Taxicab geometry); or within 1 tile including diagonals) and breeding of trees/saplings (also configurable, cross-breed range configurable separate from crops and is defaulted to 3-5 orthogonally, base block of the tree becomes a special "crop log" block that just yields a log when broken but acts as a crop as far as breeding goes).
One thing you could do with the theoretical add-on is make it so that the maximum level is 3; level 1/1/1 is equivalent to the normal 1/1/1, 2/2/2 is equivalent to 4/4/4, and 3/3/3 is equivalent to 8/8/8. And don't enable tree-breeding/growing. Increase weed-growth range to 1-diagonal and leave crops at 1-orthagonal.

Also, quick question. If a custom crop has two products listed, does that mean it has a chance of being either or does it mean it will always produce both? Is that what the weight stat is for when defining products?

Last edited:
Reactions: Wolfie_Waffle