[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

What2eat

Jul 29, 2019
I can only thing i think is that you don't got enough of the aspects that go into that research or you might be missing an an aspect for the research itself myself was confused on that when i was missing the slime aspect for a research topic.

Got enough aspects, and if I wouldn't it would say that i don't have the required amount of aspects to research it.

I think I need to scan or discover an aspect that isn't needed to purchase the research but a lower one that is part of one of the aspects to unlock it. (if that makes sense)

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
If you put a pam's Harvestcraft raw fish in a crafting grid by itself it will convert into a minecraft raw fish. Note Salmon, Clownfish and Pufferfish wont convert. Also Firm Tofu will also make a raw fish if put in a crafting grid by itself.
Thanks a lot it's so simple that I miss it :rolleyes:

the_void__

Jul 29, 2019
I see lots of Ars Magica discussion now so I'll throw in my two cents.

Make a projectile: magic damage spell. In my experience the other damage spells give about 6 experience per hit, but magic damage gives 12. It's a good idea to have a second damage type anyway, since some enemies resist one element or another (magic doesn't work on witches, ice doesn't work on blazes). Magic damage does not appear to increase with mage levels, but I believe it does increase slightly with affinity gains. Another thing which slightly increases damage is the augmented casting talent. It's what I prefer to spend my first red skill point on. Later on you will get damage modifiers that you can add to your spell crafting.

Make the armor imbuement table asap. The tier 2-4 augments take forever to get, but tier 1 can be gotten fairly quickly if you're leveling up by killing stuff. Get the burnout reduction bonuses, they make a HUGE difference. I think it adds +150% to your burnout reduction per augment. Later on you can get truly OP stuff like hunger regeneration.

Magic exp gets nerfed as you spam spells. For optimum exp gain you'll want to cast once every 4 or 5 seconds. However the nerf wears off quickly, so don't worry about it too much. Once you get sufficient burnout and mana regeneration you'll be able to kill stuff quickly with spells and level up steadily, regardless of the nerf.

Make a projectile: light spell as well. It's a good alternative to sojourner's staff, both of which are great ways to disable spawners from a distance. You'll need a light spell anyway to make the celestial prism.

In addition to leveling up and fighting bosses, you can find skill orbs in chests. The runic dungeon is a phenomenal source of these. Also the ocean barges that come loaded with treasure chests.

What2eat

Jul 29, 2019
So I suddenly get an error when connecting to the server I have been playing on for the past 10 days or so.
http://pastebin.com/RgmcUCKu Here is the log from the console.

No crash so no crash report, just a message saying: 'A fatal error has occurred, the connection is terminated'.
I am able to create and join a ssp world.
Am able to hear the sound of my arcane alembics before I get the error, no visual image though.
I tried a fresh installation.
I have been playing like usual and went off for about an hour before this.
I have got 6 GB RAM allocated.
Apart from the normal options
- 'Use optimization arguments for fast computers' ticked on
- got '-Dforge.forceNoStencil=true' in additional java parameters
I am using java 8 update 45 64bit.

If needed I'll post my full system specs, but I highly doubt that's the problem.

Thanks in advance

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
So I suddenly get an error when connecting to the server I have been playing on for the past 10 days or so.

No crash so no crash report, just a message saying: 'A fatal error has occurred, the connection is terminated'.
Am able to hear the sound of my arcane alembics before I get the error, no visual image though.

If needed I'll post my full system specs, but I highly doubt that's the problem.

Thanks in advance
Sometimes I've timeout on my hosted server, other times I've fatal error but always I can relog.

If the attemps of relogging fail relaunch the client.

Notice I've got this with other pack.

What2eat

Jul 29, 2019
Sometimes I've timeout on my hosted server, other times I've fatal error but always I can relog.

If the attemps of relogging fail relaunch the client.

Notice I've got this with other pack.

Yes I tried restarting, and no I cannot simply relog.
don't be silly.

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019

Thanks in advance

running out of heap memory, if you have 6 gigs allocated this should be more then enough so I think you should make sure that it is allocating all of it properly, or if your system has at least 12 gigs (only allocate max of half your system memory). if both of those are ok then you have a memory leak somewhere, kinda hard to find where though sadly.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019

Thanks in advance
Confirm your options since you are running out of memory on the pack!

When you launch the pack, check the log and see what settings he is using(java version, memory, etc...)

What2eat

Jul 29, 2019
running out of heap memory, if you have 6 gigs allocated this should be more then enough so I think you should make sure that it is allocating all of it properly, or if your system has at least 12 gigs (only allocate max of half your system memory). if both of those are ok then you have a memory leak somewhere, kinda hard to find where though sadly.

It used to allocate properly, but my client only used 1.5 gigs at max. And I got 16 GB at my disposal, no problem there.
And I agree with you that something is leaking badly.
Anyway, I restarted Java and now it runs fine again... Should have done that earlier.

And you can get HP from artifact armour, a piece of amour can give you 2.5 hearts.

In the next version you can receive two Ars Magica spells, so be looking out for that :)

As in when you create a new world?

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
It used to allocate properly, but my client only used 1.5 gigs at max. And I got 16 GB at my disposal, no problem there.
And I agree with you that something is leaking badly.
Anyway, I restarted Java and now it runs fine again... Should have done that earlier.

And you can get HP from artifact armour, a piece of amour can give you 2.5 hearts.

As in when you create a new world?

Nope! They will be new quests in the Ars Magica quest line :)

Reactions: ECDubbleyew

the_void__

Jul 29, 2019
when can you give battlemage armour teir I effects? the armor level is 18 but nothing yet.

First tier is 30. All of the details are in the manual under blocks->armor imbuement table. And it isn't just for ars magica armor, you can imbue any armor.