Jampacked II Submission/Judging

electrifeye

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having the same issues as Loke above :(, here are my details:
Name: The Entanglement Matrix
The Entanglement Matrix is a futuristic-themed modpack based primarily around combat and exploration. Technology is secondary in this modpack, and as such the map is well-suited to anyone who enjoys vanilla CTM maps, and is willing to see what mods can be added to the mix.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
But ... there's still a minute left, why can't I submit??

EDIT: I'm nto the only one. LEt me upload this

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Private message me your links, I'll take care of it

Kel_Co

Jul 29, 2019
Oh yeah. Another awkward note, I forgot to mention I managed to make another pack and submit it yesterday.... so I am still in.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Oh crud.

1. I left out a minetweaker script in what I submitted. No problem, it's a single recipe change. It's minor.
2. I did NOT include a crafting table in your initial supplies (I was planning on it), and you're not likely to get wood for at least 30-45 minutes. That one is somewhat serious -- you'll get supplies (iron harvested, stuff in the chests) early.

Reactions: sgbros1

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Oh crud.

1. I left out a minetweaker script in what I submitted. No problem, it's a single recipe change. It's minor.
2. I did NOT include a crafting table in your initial supplies (I was planning on it), and you're not likely to get wood for at least 30-45 minutes. That one is somewhat serious -- you'll get supplies (iron harvested, stuff in the chests) early.
If I judge your pack, I'll take note of it.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Am I the only one who submitted my pack with a week to spare.

You mean to tell me that you had 7 days, and no desire to improve -- that you felt it was as perfect as possible?

Or, are you saying that you did not have to fight bugs in mods, getting two different mods to update, dealing with incomplete/misleading docs on another mod, dealing with a proof-of-concept mod that, while it works, wants to connect corners even when nothing is visible on the other side of the wall?

Or, did you actually not have to worry about a dynamic map that changed on you while you were building/altering it (Gas seeps; unstable rock falls; lava flows; all these nice things ...) requiring separate testing and altering maps -- and spending as much time on the testing map as possible, because loading the altering map to alter would alter it.

Or, realizing that your chest contents are borked, have to adjust the contents configs, and that means having to re-make and re-fix all the lava leaks and gas veins ...

Sigh.

That would not have been the show stopper it was. I had planned on putting down more coal, because there's very little in the overworld with this pack. I was not counting on the changed coal deposits changing everything else as much as it did.

If I judge your pack, I'll take note of it.

Ha. I'm writing up the docs for the pack now (the README file to go to the testers). It'll mention all these issues.

This isn't going to be a winner. This is a participant. This is an alpha.

BioMasterZap

Jul 29, 2019
I swear if botania updated again today... and it did. Of Course. Gah!
I had same thing happen to me with Ender IO. For the past months, I checked to see if there were updates and nothing. Hours after I submit, update -.- At least it isn't as bad as my other pack, which always seems to have 5+ mods update within hours of posting pack update.

Am I the only one who submitted my pack with a week to spare.
I submitted 2 days in advance if that counts =P I stayed up late on the 13th finishing as much of the pack as I could and submitted as soon as I was done. In retrospect, I could have waited and had more time, but I was worried I'd miss entering at all.

FennekMaster

Jul 29, 2019
You mean to tell me that you had 7 days, and no desire to improve -- that you felt it was as perfect as possible?

Or, are you saying that you did not have to fight bugs in mods, getting two different mods to update, dealing with incomplete/misleading docs on another mod, dealing with a proof-of-concept mod that, while it works, wants to connect corners even when nothing is visible on the other side of the wall?

Or, did you actually not have to worry about a dynamic map that changed on you while you were building/altering it (Gas seeps; unstable rock falls; lava flows; all these nice things ...) requiring separate testing and altering maps -- and spending as much time on the testing map as possible, because loading the altering map to alter would alter it.

Or, realizing that your chest contents are borked, have to adjust the contents configs, and that means having to re-make and re-fix all the lava leaks and gas veins ...

Sigh.

That would not have been the show stopper it was. I had planned on putting down more coal, because there's very little in the overworld with this pack. I was not counting on the changed coal deposits changing everything else as much as it did.

Answer 1 and 2: It worked nicely and there were no major bugs. I was able to shape it to my hearts desire. Sure there are a couple of things I could have done better but it is really solid and much better than my Jampacked 1 modpack. So, I happy with it.

Answer 3: Yeah, about that. My modpack doesn't have (or need) a map because of the kind of modpack it was.

Answer 4: I did have this problem but by the time it was submitted I already fixed those problems.

And yes, I had time to play test the modpack. I did have a pretty basic and straight forward modpack to be fair. It is more of a modpack to play to kill time. Anyways good luck to everyone!

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Got all the packs downloaded.

Going to get them all in a consistent format, write up some messages and send them out to the judges hopefully tomorrow, er, later today now.

There were 29 submissions.