[1.7.10] Post Finem (after the end) [Tech][HQM][Hardcore] version 1.1.0

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
The torches you start with are chiseled, and yes they are suppose to not give off heat. To get a torch that will keep you warm you will need to make normal ones. I also recommend moving around the first day till you find someplace that is not super cold to live, the game often starts you in a cold taiga biome.
Hmm..now I have to decide if I want to move LOL I didn't even notice it was taiga HAH!

On another note,

The quest Firepower, doesn't register when you craft the ab-9.

The quest Headshot says Unnamed quest right before the actual quest text.

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Should be fixed in the update, if I snuck it in in time. Thanks!
Cool!

Just found another one :)

Quest Modular bits within the advanced tech line is a crafting step, but 2 of the items you don't craft yourself. They have to be done within a machine.

Also, the quest Open Architecture, says "for for" on the 4th line. Probably don't need the duplicate for :)

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
Cool!

Just found another one :)

Quest Modular bits within the advanced tech line is a crafting step, but 2 of the items you don't craft yourself. They have to be done within a machine.

Also, the quest Open Architecture, says "for for" on the 4th line. Probably don't need the duplicate for :)

Thanks, just snuck some fixes for those in too, keep them coming, only got a few days to polish this pack for the Jam Packed 2 deadline

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Landstryder! Loving the update so far!

Few things I've noticed so far

1) For the quest Well water and Municipal water, do you intend for only one of them to be complete able? Once you finish one the other goes away and since crafting reservoir is part of the liquid power quest that could cause some people to inadvertently block themselves from the other one.

Quest verbage items:
Cobble Cobble quest: You have "...and your tired" which is the wrong your. It should be you're (or you are).
High tech storage: "Drawers ad great" should be "Drawers are great". also "store even more thing" doesn't really sound right. Maybe "store even more of one item"? or something similiar.
Don't drop the soap: "Tired of dropping you items" should be your. And "this you need to" should probably be "for this you need to"
Fabrication: "Your going to need" should be "You are"
Modular bits: "there are many sub part": should be "parts"
Machine Gun: "is the nest step up" should be "next"

Hope this helps! Loving the new quests so far though!

Reactions: NunoAgapito

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Landstryder! Loving the update so far!

Few things I've noticed so far

1) For the quest Well water and Municipal water, do you intend for only one of them to be complete able? Once you finish one the other goes away and since crafting reservoir is part of the liquid power quest that could cause some people to inadvertently block themselves from the other one.

Quest verbage items:
Cobble Cobble quest: You have "...and your tired" which is the wrong your. It should be you're (or you are).
High tech storage: "Drawers ad great" should be "Drawers are great". also "store even more thing" doesn't really sound right. Maybe "store even more of one item"? or something similiar.
Don't drop the soap: "Tired of dropping you items" should be your. And "this you need to" should probably be "for this you need to"
Fabrication: "Your going to need" should be "You are"
Modular bits: "there are many sub part": should be "parts"
Machine Gun: "is the nest step up" should be "next"

Hope this helps! Loving the new quests so far though!
Awesome to see someone actually seeing typos, pointing them and suggesting the correction! Usually is more like, "your pack is full of typos, cant read this garbage english, will not play it", but in a more rude language :p

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome to see someone actually seeing typos, pointing them and suggesting the correction! Usually is more like, "your pack is full of typos, cant read this garbage english, will not play it", but in a more rude language :p
Yep, so many people are like that and that really doesn't help accomplish anything and help the pack get better. And thanks for saying that :) It is nice when people appreciate when you try to help as well!

On a side note, @Landstryder I just noticed that the quests for the pig/sheep/chicken are not repeating whereas the cow is. I'm guessing they should be repeatable? Also, none of them have periods at the end of the sentences :)

One more thing, the quest for the sheep is titled "unnamed" :)

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
...I just found out that ghasts are no longer impotent...they can definitely shoot fireballs at you..atleast the mother one I just fought did! and spawned babies....boy was that a shock LOL

Reactions: Landstryder

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
...I just found out that ghasts are no longer impotent...they can definitely shoot fireballs at you..atleast the mother one I just fought did! and spawned babies....boy was that a shock LOL
A nice side effect from updating mods I imagine, good to that I didn't have to do anything to fix that bug.

Thanks you very much @shdwDragon for you help with typo's and bug's. It will been very helpful to me for making the pack better.

For the quest Well water and Municipal water, do you intend for only one of them to be complete able? Once you finish one the other goes away and since crafting reservoir is part of the liquid power quest that could cause some people to inadvertently block themselves from the other one.
Yes I do intend for only one of these to be completable, I'll change the Municipal water quest to be a hand in quest instead then just give the reservoir back in the rewards so that it should not interferer with the other quest.

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
You are very welcome Landstryder! Glad to be able to help. Thanks to you for making an extremely fun pack!

On a side note, is there any way to stop pigmen from spawning in an area? They sometimes spawn within my base. Do they just spawn on the obsidian? or is there anything I can do?

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
You are very welcome Landstryder! Glad to be able to help. Thanks to you for making an extremely fun pack!

On a side note, is there any way to stop pigmen from spawning in an area? They sometimes spawn within my base. Do they just spawn on the obsidian? or is there anything I can do?

Turrets? Yea I hadn't considered that pigmen will spawn anywhere they feel like, I might try and see what I can do to change there behavior a little so they will care about light levels.

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Turrets? Yea I hadn't considered that pigmen will spawn anywhere they feel like, I might try and see what I can do to change there behavior a little so they will care about light levels.
That would be cool! It would be nice to actually be able to create a "safe" base area without having to put turrets all around the inside of it :) I've gotten to the point that I'm starting to work on a permanent base. Still trying to find a nice area that isn't taiga though :) Is there a list of which of the biomes are cold or hot? That would be helpful so I can know which places to ignore :)

Is it intended to be able to find emeralds in the ground still? I was in an extreme hills and came across one which surprised me. Also, when I dug down to close to bedrock, I found a 5x5x5 hallway with many others connected to it. Is there a specific purpose to these I just haven't found yet or are they just there to make it easer to scout at that leve? :) I haven't found much in it yet, but was still surprised to see it. I'm guessing one of the mods adds it?

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
That would be cool! It would be nice to actually be able to create a "safe" base area without having to put turrets all around the inside of it :) I've gotten to the point that I'm starting to work on a permanent base. Still trying to find a nice area that isn't taiga though :) Is there a list of which of the biomes are cold or hot? That would be helpful so I can know which places to ignore :)

Is it intended to be able to find emeralds in the ground still? I was in an extreme hills and came across one which surprised me. Also, when I dug down to close to bedrock, I found a 5x5x5 hallway with many others connected to it. Is there a specific purpose to these I just haven't found yet or are they just there to make it easer to scout at that leve? :) I haven't found much in it yet, but was still surprised to see it. I'm guessing one of the mods adds it?
Missed emeralds I guess on the custom ore gen, not biggie, not super useful. The halls down by bedrock are special abandoned mine shafts added by enviromine, normally they would have lots of wooden bits in them but since it's been 10000 years all the wood parts have rotted away.

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Missed emeralds I guess on the custom ore gen, not biggie, not super useful. The halls down by bedrock are special abandoned mine shafts added by enviromine, normally they would have lots of wooden bits in them but since it's been 10000 years all the wood parts have rotted away.
Gotcha, and not "all" has rotted away there are a few wooden bits still there. Very few, but some :) And there are vines as well, at least near the few wooden bits left.

Its fun to run through them nonetheless! So far only found one chest though.

Eskordok

Jul 29, 2019
I did a first look at this ModPack and It's been Hell on Wheels.
I started the game and I was kill by a Ghast.
2nd Attempt I was slain by a PigMan.
The I died of hypotermia, devoured by zombies, got crazy by Sylverfish and it was time to upload a video anyways.
So if you want to see someone suffer on this modpack go check mine. :p

Reactions: Landstryder

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
Brutal - ghast blew up starting machines so restarted.
Next a lucky survival cos I'd watched Racoon and when hypothermia kicked in I was close to lava. Or I would have died long before learning about torches, I needed info about this right at the start!
I did die of starvation before getting food - the rng on algae is mean! I ended up making sucrose cos I knew I could eat it from ME3
How does the gun work? some info would be good.
This pack is rather large for my poor old machine, even with fastcraft I'm lagging too much.

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
Brutal - ghast blew up starting machines so restarted.
Next a lucky survival cos I'd watched Racoon and when hypothermia kicked in I was close to lava. Or I would have died long before learning about torches, I needed info about this right at the start!
I did die of starvation before getting food - the rng on algae is mean! I ended up making sucrose cos I knew I could eat it from ME3
How does the gun work? some info would be good.
This pack is rather large for my poor old machine, even with fastcraft I'm lagging too much.
I added the torch quest after the fiber quest because before that you would not have the wood to make one.
Guns are right click to fire or reload, and left click to toggle zoom/stabilize mode. Adding gun modifications will help, there is a quest for that a bit later on once you can afford it.

fireguy

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, could you add this to curse? More people would see it since there is less on curse.