Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SadGhoster87

Jul 29, 2019
The overabundance of people who say "Minecraft is a sandbox game, so we should be allowed to use hacks!"

Hey guess what? My computer is a Dell Inspiron 660, so I should be allowed to go on a vision quest!

Flexico

Dec 15, 2012
Minecraft is about being able to set and play by your own rules. (Hence, survival/creative/hardcore/etc.) However, those rules should apply per world, NOT per player. Otherwise, you have anarch-- er, well, Calvinball.

Last edited:

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
You know, at first glance I thought Reika was a jerk who made over-complicated mods that just weren't worth the effort to figure out. After playing a bit with RotaryCraft, and reading this thread, I can happily admit I was wrong on all accounts there.
Now if only the other 5000000 people could be convinced... :D

Flexico

Dec 15, 2012
I haven't played with Rotarycraft yet because it kind of does its own thing and doesn't mesh well with all of the other mods in my pack. I'm thinking of making a smaller alt pack, though, with mods like RC that I haven't checked out yet. =]

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I haven't played with Rotarycraft yet because it kind of does its own thing and doesn't mesh well with all of the other mods in my pack. I'm thinking of making a smaller alt pack, though, with mods like RC that I haven't checked out yet. =]
RC plays nice with other mods, though it will not "mesh well" if that includes being interchangeable. :p

Flexico

Dec 15, 2012
I meant that RC is more something that I'd like to play with mostly by itself rather than tossing it in with the rest of my mods. ^^ I already get so easily distracted by how many different things I can make with the mods I have already~

SadGhoster87

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft is about being able to set and play by your own rules. (Hence, survival/creative/hardcore/etc.) However, those rules should apply per world, NOT per player. Otherwise, you have anarch-- er, well, Calvinball.
Calvinball :D
I meant that RC is more something that I'd like to play with mostly by itself rather than tossing it in with the rest of my mods. ^^ I already get so easily distracted by how many different things I can make with the mods I have already~
I CAN AND WILL MAKE A GOLEM OUT OF A SIDEWAYS BIRCH LOG AND IT WILL FISH FOR ME!

Flexico

Dec 15, 2012
An idea I'm going to try when I get the chance is to have Computercraft monitor a pen of animals with the Sensor peripheral and have a turtle feed, breed, shear, and slaughter them as needed. ^^ Hopefully I can get it to work! It'll be a lot easier if the Sensor can detect nearby turtles as well as entities in case the chunks unload and the turtle reboots, otherwise I'll have to make it save its co-ordinates to a file every time it moves.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1848314

Lemonstudioz47 said:
My friends and I are making the biggest server in the world. We are really motivated because we mainly want donations.

we are currently around 8-10 years old and we cannot pay for something because we are not working in factories.

We will give you big 5% of donations on our server once we sky rocket

Of course because we are going big we don't want small offers like 500Mb.

we need a server of at least 12Gb, no game players no time wasters

once we become big you will be happy that your company will be hosting.

after we make bank we will pay the monthly fee and stop giving u the 5% but u will get the monthly
635356669596273706.png

please post below and if we accept you we will pm you

btw
we will find a pre made spawn on planetminencraft to use as our server spawn so we will look really big
635356669596273706.png

and like we said we are giveing 5% of donations. so if we make 30 grand you get 1.5 grand

donation plan:
me and my friends came up with a very good idea to get the donations

what we will do is when we get a lot of players and they build stuff we will threaten to shut our server down for ransom so

like they have to pay $200 if they want to ever play again

so we threaten them we will shut down after they played for days.

then when we get a few grand we wont do that anymore. please sponsor us

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Well at least he's being honest.
And actually sharing a bit of the 'donation' money- so that puts them a step ahead of your average MCsuperserver.​
I guess, he also at least is not trying to sell items. Al though his plan is not that much better.

SadGhoster87

Jul 29, 2019
. . .
WHAT
I mean, I understand the need for donations, but seriously?
Well at least he's being honest.
And actually sharing a bit of the 'donation' money- so that puts them a step ahead of your average MCsuperserver.​
If by "ahead" you mean "he's literally threatening to bleed away your money and your experience of the server if you don't pay him $200. And even then, if other players don't cough up, he'll still do it"
radar.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
Can't see the image

Status
Not open for further replies.