U.S.S. Hamster [WIP]

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome progress. I envy large-scale builders, its something I always enjoy watching. Sp00n's snow dome on the new Hermitcraft, for instance. Simple, big, classy.

As for your frame shuttle, and recommendations on a cat-drive, I usually pick Rainwarrior's 4x4x4 for compactness. I've built that damn thing so often I can almost do it from memory. Here's the schematic gallery: http://imgur.com/a/EtsNO

That looks interesting, thanks for the link. I haven't built a single frame yet, but I'll give it a try. Too bad they can't turn, I guess when I make one I'll have to do a saucer shape :)
I would recommend using either red wool of some form of red xychorium blocks for a carpet in the corridors. Similar to the carpets in the U.S.S. Enterprise-E.

EnterpriseE_corridor.jpg

Except with brighter lights, wider corridors, and without the tubes in the middle, this was the only picture I found.

I'm such a long way from even thinking about the interior it's not funny! I think a minecrafty version of something like that is possible though using redpower lights and xycraft flooring.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
I'm such a long way from even thinking about the interior it's not funny! I think a minecrafty version of something like that is possible though using redpower lights and xycraft flooring.
I could always lend a hand, we could hook up trough hamachi.

But the server idea sounds beast.

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
It's not the work, it's the resources. I just built 4 more lava centrifuges to speed up brass production. I'm going to build another iron golem farm in my quarry world this weekend. Starting at bedrock level, I should be able to get 3 units high instead of my current one which is only 2. I'll expand it as my quarry punches more holes in the ground. I may even attempt to build a frame quarry.

I've even started using my uu matter to make iron ore :)

On a side note..

Attack of the outer space bats!!
2013-01-31_22.35.30.png

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
SPACE BATS!!!!!

i hate bats they are right on my list of mobs I hate just under creepers and firebats. They are just noisy as hell.

Vilmos

Jul 29, 2019
I can't help but think of the Xychorium blocks as turn signals and brake lights. Maybe the lights on towers to keep aircraft away. Oh and your landing strip, useful as fog lights! :D

I can't see using them for much else, they are too busy.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
I can't help but think of the Xychorium blocks as turn signals and brake lights. Maybe the lights on towers to keep aircraft away. Oh and your landing strip, useful as fog lights! :D

Redpower lamps- switch them on and off as needed.
I usually have them on my tunnel bore- full set of brake/indicator/reversing lights.​

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
Looking forward to the wildness you can play with in RP2 microblocks when you start into the detailing. :D

You helped inspire a big build of my own. Little less insane, unless a few thousand warded glass/stone is nuts.... :D

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
Redpower lamps- switch them on and off as needed.
I usually have them on my tunnel bore- full set of brake/indicator/reversing lights.​

you just earned +1 internets for that.
Brake lights on the tunnel bore, now that is what i call building with style

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
If you've got revering lights, add an industrial alarm to simulate "Warning, this vehicle is reversing" that many large vehicles play when they reverse (well, over here in the UK they do).

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
If you've got revering lights, add an industrial alarm to simulate "Warning, this vehicle is reversing" that many large vehicles play when they reverse (well, over here in the UK they do).

Over in the US they Beep which might be easier to do with note blocks.

benben500

Jul 29, 2019

Seems like a good idea, except that there is no fog or aircraft in space. :confused:

Bahnmor

Jul 29, 2019
For crew (and side effect of interesting automation possibilities), why not experiment with thaumcraft golems?

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
For crew (and side effect of interesting automation possibilities), why not experiment with thaumcraft golems?

Golems are indeed awesome. You could set some up in pointless loops just to have some always running around.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
I'm Telling you Hamsterbro we need to find us some server admin to blackmail into making a starfleet-ish themed server.
I love the idea, and I wouldn't mind joining - if for nothing else then to endlessly exploit all the free stuff mechanics/glitches/shortcuts that I deliberately avoid in normal play.

The XY blocks would look nice as some high-energy components, think reactor cores or engines.[DOUBLEPOST=1359765791][/DOUBLEPOST]
Golems are indeed awesome. You could set some up in pointless loops just to have some always running around.
Definitely needs a golem bucket brigade moving lava from one place to another.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I love the idea, and I wouldn't mind joining - if for nothing else then to endlessly exploit all the free stuff mechanics/glitches/shortcuts that I deliberately avoid in normal play.

The XY blocks would look nice as some high-energy components, think reactor cores or engines.[DOUBLEPOST=1359765791][/DOUBLEPOST]
Definitely needs a golem bucket brigade moving lava from one place to another.

No no make some mining lasers and just have them moving them between chests. That way it looks like you got some armed golems patrolling.

Reactions: Evil Hamster

Bahnmor

Jul 29, 2019
You could flesh it out and have patrol 'squads'. Golems in pairs, one with a laser and one with a nano sabre.

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019

I do use easy mode, because this would be impossible without it. I avoid all exploits and glitches though. The TE one that gives infinite iron is tempting...

No no make some mining lasers and just have them moving them between chests. That way it looks like you got some armed golems patrolling.

That is DEFINITELY something I'll use :)

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
Quick status update:

Upper hull:

Lower hull almost done with this section!

Arboretum- walls hardened glass, dome reinforced glass