[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

Vanjykins

Jul 29, 2019
I have just tested this several different ways, with and without a backpack and I did not experience this problem. I have noticed at times Inventory Tweaks may make items invisible and hitting R to resort them will make items appear again.

Anyone else experience this?

I tried that and a few other things, sometimes opening a different inventory works, but not this time. Re logging didn't help either.
Got some more seeds between posts and random crops are disappearing when I harvest. Most of the time I do get the produce, but the plant is gone and no seed drops. This is both with traditional harvest and the right click with empty hand.

Reactions: Pudding01

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Version 0.4.0 has been released - The End Rework
  • Added Hardcore Ender Expansion along with quests to follow up with the expansive mod.
Hardcore Ender Expansion expands the damage and health/resistance buffs available to players later in the game through the use of Player Charms.
I don't want to give too much away, the Ender Compendium awaits you.

Just a heads up, I have a server download currently in the works. No ETA, Soon(TM)

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
Just tried to load up my world when it just... closed. back to launcher, and in the console there was this:

[21:08:11] [Client thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [net.minecraft.client.Minecraft:func_71377_b:349]: ---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// But it works on my machine.

Time: 4/14/15 9:08 PM
Description: Ticking memory connection

java.lang.NullPointerException: Ticking memory connection
at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.internal.FMLProxyPacket.func_148833_a(FMLProxyPacket.java:101)
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager.func_74428_b(NetworkManager.java:212)
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkSystem.func_151269_c(NetworkSystem.java:165)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:659)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:111)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Stacktrace:
at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.internal.FMLProxyPacket.func_148833_a(FMLProxyPacket.java:101)
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager.func_74428_b(NetworkManager.java:212)

-- Ticking connection --
Details:
Connection: net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager@1f961310
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkSystem.func_151269_c(NetworkSystem.java:165)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:659)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:111)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.7.10
Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1
Java Version: 1.7.0_67, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
Memory: 1023934112 bytes (976 MB) / 1357381632 bytes (1294 MB) up to 3340763136 bytes (3186 MB)
JVM Flags: 4 total; -Xms256M -Xmx3584M -XX:permSize=256m

Edit: I just retried it, it worked. Also... I did not put that :p in the error...

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
... Wow. I wanted to make a magic themed pack with full integration, but you, sir, seem to have beat me to it! :D
The only real difference my idea had was to include tinker's and metallurgy, meant to be used together. I fully respect and support your decision not to include those, however. :p
This is definitely something I'm going to play. Congratulations on what already looks like a great pack!

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Version 0.4.1 Released - Early Game Balance
After considering the early game threats, I have reassessed the early game quest line.
  • I have removed the required Nether Wart - These are usually found in Rouge Like Dungeons, however traveling to the Nether or bottom of a dungeon to accomplish an early game quest was a bit excessive
  • Reduced the amount of mobs required to be slain in order to access your school of magic bonus - No more Taintacle
  • Moved the backpack quest to stem off the iron armor quest. This makes more sense in progression options.
I am currently on the look out to balance food early. While I like the difficulty it adds, it may be a bit too hard. Thoughts? Or am I just bad? (No really, I am terribly at playing the game.)

I have also added server files. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Version 0.4.1 Released - Early Game Balance
After considering the early game threats, I have reassessed the early game quest line.
  • I have removed the required Nether Wart - These are usually found in Rouge Like Dungeons, however traveling to the Nether or bottom of a dungeon to accomplish an early game quest was a bit excessive
  • Reduced the amount of mobs required to be slain in order to access your school of magic bonus - No more Taintacle
  • Moved the backpack quest to stem off the iron armor quest. This makes more sense in progression options.
I am currently on the look out to balance food early. While I like the difficulty it adds, it may be a bit too hard. Thoughts? Or am I just bad? (No really, I am terribly at playing the game.)

I have also added server files. :)
I don't know, man. Making food upgrade-magick-stuff available earlier might help. As for being terrible, don't worry; I find food pretty hard as well in lots of hardcore packs. Of course, I'm the guy who made a modpack centered around being easy, so... XD

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know, man. Making food upgrade-magick-stuff available earlier might help. As for being terrible, don't worry; I find food pretty hard as well in lots of hardcore packs. Of course, I'm the guy who made a modpack centered around being easy, so... XD
After a bit of playing I have found it isn't such a struggle for food so far as you find zombies to kill. Flesh + 2 salt is a glorious invention. Hail Pam.

You also receive food bonuses early on which will help until a farm is started -- I have concluded food is balanced enough.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

gamermsn

Jul 29, 2019
how do you get the taintthisle,whisper weed and euclidaisy there is no crafting recipe and the book doesn't tell you either

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
how do you get the taintthisle,whisper weed and euclidaisy there is no crafting recipe and the book doesn't tell you either
It is a secret!
But if you must know:
It is found in Thaumcraft, you have to use the infusion altar.

MrPeach774

Jul 29, 2019
The flowers quest for ars magika is a craft quest when it should be a detect quest. Also, finding the desert flower is probably near impossible due to the lack of deserts

88VoidMiner88

Jul 29, 2019
Is it going to cause any balance issues if i added carpenter's blocks?

Also, finding the desert flower is probably near impossible due to the lack of deserts

There is a recipe for it

EDIT : I wasn't able to find any cactus and tainted desert biome is extremely laggy because of the number of crusted taint changing into flux

Last edited:

Dachshund

Jul 29, 2019
The top left status bar where buffs are displayed, Is there a way to disable it? The AM2 buff bar seems kinda better.

Meuhmeuh

Jul 29, 2019
I started Ars Magica, and with the quest that gave you the compendium, the occulus didn't work. You have to craft the book yourself.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
I started Ars Magica, and with the quest that gave you the compendium, the occulus didn't work. You have to craft the book yourself.
I figured that might end up being the case. Thank you I will change the quests to reflect that.

You can find crafting recipes for snow and cactus. Any world Gen items should have a crafting recipe.

Dachshund

Jul 29, 2019
Hej, let me just say that its a great pack and i´m having a blast. Im only 3-4 hour in my Hardcore world but here my 2 cents and thoughts:

I fortified a prue node (they are realy easy to find) and made it my basecamp. Food seems to be a none issue, harvestcrafts toast give a lot of hunger back and with a small plot wheat youre already set. The overworld doesent feel to dangerous, even at night. Sure running above fibrous taint hurt a bit but since i have a lot of food early its not bad. I wonder if taintacle or taintswarms will spawn after a while? Also does taint sprea underground? If not one could just dig down at a pure node and expand outwards underground, without realy dealing with taint.

Running the first dungeons was very fun, a bit nervewrecking but fun. If you have a quick finger on the teleport stone you shouldnt die, but it is still a rush to lunge forward to kill a spawner and risk death. If things go bad you can still get out. Without the teleport stone i probably wouldnt have explored dungeons and just mined until i had som nice stuff.

One thing im kinda sad about is the lack of a chunkloaders (or maybe i didnt see any?). Since youre frequently away from your base nothing happens meanwhile at home, like your dayblooms filling a manapool.

My only beef would be that the overworld feels (until now) not very dangerous, i dont feel like i live in a hostile tainted world only hanging onto a little patch of untaintet land. Nerfing food would probably be a double edged sword, since no food = dont want to explore and loose hunger too health regeneration. There is just little incentive to use the complicated cooking recipes. If the complicated recipes offer temporary minor buffs like absorbtion hearts that would be kinda cool but probably way to much work for such a small feature. I dont realy know what would simlulate this feeling best, maybe something like zombie sieges with "Zombies awarnes" ?

It is realy fun though. Missing a chunkloader and the building guide (i suck at building) is not a big deal, just a bit unfortunate. Exploring dungeons in Hardcore is a blast and until now i didnt discover any bugs. Quests are good and its a unique idea for a pack (finaly not just another kitchen sink pack).

Keep up the good work :)