Werewolf - Law of the Land - Game Thread

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
yay copypasta!

This is an entirely experimental game focused on anarchy.
  • Every night, the village can vote on an action. This cannot be overridden by anything. Action votes are underlined!
  • Actions can be creation of a rule, a role, or something else entirely. Examples are:
    • New rule: You must vote for the daily action
    • I say every night we should have an additional vote t lynch someone.
    • We need a seer role!
    • Let's paint the town red!
  • Every action will have an impact on the game. For example, with the last example in the previous point, the red could make a wolf enraged and kill an extra person, or it could make him accidentally reveal himself. Who knows.
  • If a role is created, it will be assigned to a random player.
  • Everyone starts out as a villager and wolven is a status condition and does not overwrite other roles.
  • There are two built-in roles: the mayor and the sherrif. These are chosen by votes from the people.
  • The Sherrif makes one rule each night. 50% chance to kill an attacker once.
  • The Mayor makes one role each night. If killed, he will have a 50% chance to reveal his attacker.
  • The first night, you can vote for 3 actions instead of just one.

Rule/role guidelines:
  • Nobody knows who has what role or condition etc. Therefore if you make a rule like "All wolves must reveal themselves" then it does nothing.
  • The Wolven trait is detectable, as are roles.
  • Roles can only do one action each night regardless of what the action is. So a seer can't chech too people a night. That's just silly.
  • Generally, only one thing is added per day. You can't add two lynchings in a day, but you can add two lynchings in two days.
  • You do not say the result of the actions, only the actions. "A swarm of mosquitos attack the village and kill everyone" is not valid, while "A swarm of mosquitos attack the village" is.
Roles and rules: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IP4VCYsfkVpvm4Zjlr_OCodaGFHX_6K4-Za4vFESZtQ/edit?usp=sharing

Day end time: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...aw+of+the+land+end+day&iso=30150414T19&p1=770

Players:
  1. 016Nojr
  2. Fraction2
  3. Eruantien
  4. Someone Else 37
  5. HeilMewTwo
  6. Pyure - Ganked by wolves N2 - Citizen
  7. Lethosos
  8. Shazam08 - Lynched N2
  9. SpwnX - Ganked by wolves N1
  10. Gamefury64 - Lynched N6
  11. VictiniX888
  12. dylanpiera - Lynched N4 - Wolven Citizen
  13. Strikingwolf
  14. RJS
  15. the_j485 - smitten N3 - wolven citizen
  16. Exedra - Ganked by wolves N5 - Prophet
  17. ljfa
  18. playerismc
  19. SoraZodia - Lynched N5 - Citizen
  20. Trajing
  21. No Lynches - Withdrawn
  22. Vikestep

Last edited:

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Here are my rules
  1. There will be a lynch every day, as per normal Werewolf rules. This is an action vote and will be in the form "Lynch [NAME]"
  2. In the event of a tie in an action vote, all players tied for the most votes will have the action directed at them.
  3. All action votes on Day 2 are invalid
Ripping off @Someone Else 37/@Shazam08 today :p

Last edited:

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Incidentally, how do you vote here?

Vote: RJS is what I'm used to.
there is no lynch vote yet. That needs to be implemented via actions if you guys want it. But yes bold for sheriff/mayor votes.

Here are my rules
  1. There will be a lynch every day, as per normal Werewolf rules. This is an action vote and will be in the form "Lynch [NAME]"
  2. In the event of a tie in an action vote, all players tied for the most votes will have the action directed at them.
Ripping off @Someone Else 37 today :p
underline them actions sweetie

No Lynches

Jul 29, 2019
This game confuses me already.

So we have to implement a lynch to lynch someone but there is a lynch every day? I think I will just wait and see what others do and then sheep that idea.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Lynch Strikingwolf for suggesting lynches aren't possible.
Not yet ;)
underline them actions sweetie
Done
This game confuses me already. This is needlessly complicated.

So we have to implement a lynch to lynch someone but there is a lynch every day? I think I will just wait and see what others do and then sheep that idea.
We make the rules. The rules I posted (credit to @Someone Else 37 and @Shazam08) will let us all win, regardless of our roles

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
  1. In the event of a tie in an action vote, all players tied for the most votes will have the action directed at them.
  2. All action votes on Day 2 are invalid
Ripping off @Someone Else 37 today :p
We get three actions on the first day, right? Give me two. :p

[Proceeds to give those two actions]
REeDFVO.gif

Reactions: goreae

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
You can also second actions I guess to make it easier on yourself. Like say I agree with strikingwolf's actions, I could do this:
Here are my rules
I second these actions

That would put all three of your day 1 action votes on his actions

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
Investigation of Mayor every night for wolven traits. Results are posted on the nightly recap of the same night.

Investigation of the Sheriff every night for wolven traits. Results are posted on the nightly recap of the same night.

As i've exampled before, why not: The creation of an alt, controlled by the mayor and the sheriff at the same time. Said alt can vote and is eligible for actions. The mayor and the sheriff can use the alt even while dead.

vote pyure for sheriff.
vote playerismc for mayor.

Last edited:

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I'm with Striking. Let's see if Goreae will *actually* let us break the game on D1.
Here are my rules
I second these actions.

Also, @No Lynches, the usual syntax for (lynch) votes here is as you put in your first post in this thread, except we usually drop the colon. We also occasionally do things like insert random stuff in between the "Vote" and the player's name (such as "I never vote SpwnX, Pyure", which counts as a vote against Pyure (with the italics replaced with boldface because I don't want goreae to mistake my example for an actual vote)). As long as you've got the word vote and the name boldfaced, you should be fine.

Except in this game, theres currently two votes going on, one for mayor and one for sheriff, so the syntax will probably be something like "Vote Whoever for Mayor" and "Vote ThatOtherGuy for Sheriff". Boldfaced, of course.

Hmm... Goreae, are there even win conditions yet?