XyCraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

NTaylor

Jul 29, 2019
Which video has the XyCraft machines in it? I'm curios to see them.

The latest of DW20's server play showcases a couple of the machines to clarify that is Episode 4 of season 4 SMP (just incase a new episode has come out I haven't seen so its not the latest :p)

AlexUbel

Jul 29, 2019
There's a new twilight forest block that's acting like a door, but I'm not sure that you can take it away from the building it generates in, sadly.
Something that works like that would be so very nice.

I've seen those. They seem to be one shots though, as they vanish after being clicked on.

@Pip69
Watch some of Direwolf20's Server play videos. He and Soaryn show off a few things from time to time. A good place to see the power system he is working on is the season 3 Finale. And they are using the Fabricator in season four as well as Xycraft's version of tanks.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to know what the equation for the tank storage is, the maximum size for the tanks, and what materials it can be made of. The small 3x3 tank only held 16 buckets. Currently, it seems, the only advantage it has is being a cheap way to gather water without machinery.

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
It leaves the outer ones, while removing the middle 9. I'd not found one myself, or I'd test clicking on the outer rim of the door.

Still, if I could put the frame down, and then fill the "door" with any of the blast resistant xycorium blocks, I'd love it.

Size. 16 per interior block, as the same with buildcraft tanks (and thermal expansion, the number is consistent) the outsides are not counted, so it's less space efficient then the railcraft tanks, but while those max at 9x9x9 (if you set the server, otherwise smaller) these max at 12x12x12 outside dimensions, making it 10x10x10 on the inside, for 1000 contained squares, a total of 16,000 buckets. This lets them store a little more, and the valves work slightly better, with auto balancing.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
I'd say that's some pretty decent storage considering you can build it out of stone. Somewhat inefficient but still pretty good.

NTaylor

Jul 29, 2019
Can the valve block for XyTanks be safely moved with frames?

-as it holds the tank data, this could be a way to store multiple liquids in the same tank structure.

Simple answer is no idea nothing to that effect has been showcased as of yet, slightly more complex answer from everything we have seen about valve blocks this is theoretically possible (you can move a valve without losing the contents of a tank so long as one valve remains attached at all times) however for it to hold multiple liquids seems unlikely as I said you have to have at least one valve to the best of my knowlege on the tank at any one time for it to remember data therefore to change the liquid you would have to remove both valves then add two fresh ones losing the old tank data.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Simple answer is no idea nothing to that effect has been showcased as of yet, slightly more complex answer from everything we have seen about valve blocks this is theoretically possible (you can move a valve without losing the contents of a tank so long as one valve remains attached at all times) however for it to hold multiple liquids seems unlikely as I said you have to have at least one valve to the best of my knowlege on the tank at any one time for it to remember data therefore to change the liquid you would have to remove both valves then add two fresh ones losing the old tank data.

So you're saying as long as the valve remains connected to the tank it wont loose its data?
In which case it probably wont work.​

I'm working under the assumption that XYvalves work the same way as chests, in which case they can be framed about without any problems as long as the block isn't physically broken.
As for the actual mechanism?
I was going to slide the top row of blocks along with a single row of frames, with a valves 5 blocks apart (5 block tank). That way they'll always be 1 valve connected to the tank structure. Then use the block breaker and assembler to dis/reconnect the frame/pipe.
(This might also work with railcraft tanks, as the bottom middle block holds all the data- Edit, doesn't work)

Poodmund

Jul 29, 2019
At the moment the XyCraft fabricator pulls items from an adjacent inventory to craft the desired item in the fabricator's table. Would it be possible to send a 'pull' event down RedPower tubes to chests in a pipe network to source items from to send to the Fabricator? This would allow you to connect the Fabricator up in a Pneumatic Tube network system that would craft an item if you have the resources anywhere in your system.

This would be problematic, however, due to the Fabricator crafting as many of the 'crafting' item as possible but if a 'desired amount' selector was available ranging from 1-64 in the GUI it would help this. Also if this 'pull' feature could be pinged through the system a button could be located in the GUI to trigger this.

Just food for thought.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
At the moment the XyCraft fabricator pulls items from an adjacent inventory to craft the desired item in the fabricator's table. Would it be possible to send a 'pull' event down RedPower tubes to chests in a pipe network to source items from to send to the Fabricator? This would allow you to connect the Fabricator up in a Pneumatic Tube network system that would craft an item if you have the resources anywhere in your system.

This would be problematic, however, due to the Fabricator crafting as many of the 'crafting' item as possible but if a 'desired amount' selector was available ranging from 1-64 in the GUI it would help this. Also if this 'pull' feature could be pinged through the system a button could be located in the GUI to trigger this.

Just food for thought.

As much as I like this idea, seems a little overpowered. Looking at the retriever cost/setup as a baseline for pull mechanics
- an autocrafting machine to pull items on demand would be considerably more expensive than the current fabricator.
(in terms of recipe tech/difficulty- sortron/manager tier components needed to craft).
But yes, and advanced fabricator would be quite awesome

Poodmund

Jul 29, 2019
I guess that the functionality must be able to be implemented somehow (albeit I have no idea how) as RedPower Retrievers can function in this way as you have said. With regards to it being an OP idea... this is very true; maybe it could be, like you said, an Advanced Fabricator and the recipe for it be substantially more expensive. How often does Soaryn check this thread for discussion?

EpicEraser

Jul 29, 2019
How often does Soaryn check this thread for discussion?
As far as I'm aware, never. But he's on Twitter, so you could send him to this thread.

These Xycraft machines are really cool, but I think Soaryn needs to balance them carefully with other mods, as I mentioned before.
Some things simply need to require some effort (or resources) to set up, in order to balance the game.
For example, the tanks need to be balanced with both Railcraft tanks (which require tons of iron, but are more compact) and liquid transposers (which require energy to operate).
For the same reason, I think the fabricators should be a bit more balanced out with the current autocrafting solutions. The auto crafting table at least requires energy and the crafting packet system requires a more complex system and a supply of paper. The fabricator is lightning fast, requires nothing, gets resources from adjacent inventories and is very cheap to make.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Theoretically, this is already doable with a Sortron. You just have to manually program in each recipe into the Sortron, then it can automatically pull precisely what is needed. If you attach a numerical value to it, then you could pull that many iterations.

For example, the Sortron could be programmed with the program 'CraftTable' which pulls four wooden planks to the chest adjacent to the XY fabricator.

If you want to get REALLY slick about it, you could even program something that basically went "If there aren't four planks available, then run 'Planks' which sends one log to get turned into four planks" for iterative-style crafting. CC might also be able to pull this off.

NTaylor

Jul 29, 2019
I guess that the functionality must be able to be implemented somehow (albeit I have no idea how) as RedPower Retrievers can function in this way as you have said. With regards to it being an OP idea... this is very true; maybe it could be, like you said, an Advanced Fabricator and the recipe for it be substantially more expensive. How often does Soaryn check this thread for discussion?

To be honest you could do that with a retriever already but only if you wanted your fabricator to create one type of item (so a line of them perhaps to create solars or something) or even a sorting machine by simply having the items you want there go there maybe distrubuted so some go there some go elsewhere.

Poodmund

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, but with the way the Fabricator works by quickly loading in a pseudo recipe and crafting that, the idea was that it could pull any items through the tube network upon request of a new recipe being ghosted into the fabricator's table. A lot more advanced than a retriever and auto crafting table set up.

At this stage we have to feed auto-crafters with resources to produce an unquantified output whereas this would actively seek resources to produce a specified number of outputs.

atheneftw

Jul 29, 2019
Suggestion:
i always found annoying how little space project tables have, maybe you could make it so that project tables + any kind of iron chest in the crafting grid = project table with the same inventory as the chest? or if its too overpowered you could make a machine powered out of MJ that builds them. just a thought

eculc

Jul 29, 2019
Suggestion:
i always found annoying how little space project tables have, maybe you could make it so that project tables + any kind of iron chest in the crafting grid = project table with the same inventory as the chest? or if its too overpowered you could make a machine powered out of MJ that builds them. just a thought
Well, Xycraft isn't the mod that adds project tables, so you're looking in the wrong place.

that aside, the mod that DOES add project tables, doesn't use MJ as its power source (Redpower 2 uses Blutricity). Not to mention that the project tables aren't really meant for storage, means that such a thing is unlikely.

atheneftw

Jul 29, 2019
i know project tables are part of rp2 lol, doesnt mean that xycraft cant add a few utilities to it
and yeah when i said mj i wasnt thinking, blutricity is probably much better

Status
Not open for further replies.