Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Well I'll test it in the morning. Basically, I need a ton of sky stone, and I don't want to mine it manually cause it takes so much time. :p I expect it'll work. Might try out a wand of excavation as well
GraviSuite->Vajra->CHARGE! *Plop plop plop plop plop plop plop plop plop*

Glassbook

Jul 29, 2019
Why does the RF in my redstone energy cell keep disappearing every time I teleport back and forth between my base waypoint and other waypoints? I'm using FTB Infinity v1.3.1.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Why does the RF in my redstone energy cell keep disappearing every time I teleport back and forth between my base waypoint and other waypoints? I'm using FTB Infinity v1.3.1.
Because something is using it? Because it is connected up to things that crosses chunkloading boundaries?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Finally have a big reactors world that has gelid cryotheum in it. Never used it before.

I notice two things
a) I can get away with very little cryotheum by using it in the corners and letting it "fill" the rest. Is this kosher, or does it have to be source blocks?
b) It leaves snow on the top of my damn reactor. I hate this. Is there a way to stop that?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Finally have a big reactors world that has gelid cryotheum in it. Never used it before.

I notice two things
a) I can get away with very little cryotheum by using it in the corners and letting it "fill" the rest. Is this kosher, or does it have to be source blocks?
b) It leaves snow on the top of my damn reactor. I hate this. Is there a way to stop that?
a) not sure but my OCPD would never allow me to do something like that...
b) microblocks or reactor glass(I never seen it spawn on the glass). But it will spawn on sides etc. on Tesseracts and what not... Just do some microblock decoration gadgets to fill up the block space so it cannot spawn.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
a) not sure but my OCPD would never allow me to do something like that...
b) microblocks or reactor glass(I never seen it spawn on the glass). But it will spawn on sides etc. on Tesseracts and what not... Just do some microblock decoration gadgets to fill up the block space so it cannot spawn.
gah, ok , thx. I was hoping someone who wasn't you would answer: you actually decorate your buildings. Microblocks will just make my patchy dirt/cobble/stone walls look funny.

Reactions: rhn

Glassbook

Jul 29, 2019
Because something is using it? Because it is connected up to things that crosses chunkloading boundaries?
I thought it was my ic2 induction furnace, but I turned that off and I don't think 0% heat still consumes energy. There are no chunkloaders and the other waypoint is so far away that nothing is loaded. I got machines and rednet cables hooked to the cell, but they all only consume on usage.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
gah, ok , thx. I was hoping someone who wasn't you would answer: you actually decorate your buildings. Microblocks will just make my patchy dirt/cobble/stone walls look funny.
There is also dirt, cobble and stone microblocks! :p (Actually the weirdest thing ever is cutting Grass covers and depending on how you place then they are just dirt or they are full green grass :p)
But nah anything should work. Just some quick lines of microblock "strips" with one in each block will do the trick. Or a full layer of a connected texture glass cover.
Bright enough light should also melt the snow, but I don't think it prevents it from spawning. So probably a constant battle :p

Reactions: Pyure

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I thought it was my ic2 induction furnace, but I turned that off and I don't think 0% heat still consumes energy. There are no chunkloaders and the other waypoint is so far away that nothing is loaded. I got machines and rednet cables hooked to the cell, but they all only consume on usage.
With so many cross mod interactions and energy transformations I would reckon the energy buffered in the cables/machines/whatever gets lost somewhere on the chunk unload/reload process. You should set up a chunkloader covering it. I would think that would fix it.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Hmm seem to remember reading someone asking about this or something similar before, but haven't been able to find it again.

I recently moved my 1.6.4 TPPI singleplayer world onto a server. I managed to find the JourneyMap files and copy those over so I kept all my explored maps(Just copied the SP content into the MP folder). My problem lies in Zan's Minimap waypoints. Where are they stored and is it possible to "transfer those over" so I have those with me when I log in on the server?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Well I'll test it in the morning. Basically, I need a ton of sky stone, and I don't want to mine it manually cause it takes so much time. :p I expect it'll work. Might try out a wand of excavation as well
Resonant Exchanger is how I got my stacks of sky stone. My initial foray into a meteor was done by tedious placement of a Terrain Smasher.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Resonant Exchanger is how I got my stacks of sky stone. My initial foray into a meteor was done by tedious placement of a Terrain Smasher.
I find using JordsUtils to be a great idea. All pickaxes added by the mod break obsidian almost instantly (think like breaking stone with an iron pickaxe - for the slowest pickaxe)
It took me about a minute to mine out a fairly large meteor yesterday using the most basic pickaxe added by the mod ;)

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
How do I make Autarchic Gates in Infinity modpack? BC Silicon has added something called an "Integration Table" but I can't find any info in wikis for this table? How is it used to make Autarchic Gates, anyone know? The recipes in Infinity for it seem to be blank, or at least they don't make any sense to me.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
How do I make Autarchic Gates in Infinity modpack? BC Silicon has added something called an "Integration Table" but I can't find any info in wikis for this table? How is it used to make Autarchic Gates, anyone know? The recipes in Infinity for it seem to be blank, or at least they don't make any sense to me.
I've used the integration table, I wish I could remember the specifics.

I *think* you need to make a pulsating chipset and attach it to a standard gate in the integration table. Try that?

Reactions: asb3pe

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I've used the integration table, I wish I could remember the specifics.

I *think* you need to make a pulsating chipset and attach it to a standard gate in the integration table. Try that?

That does make perfect sense Pyure, exactly what I was thinking - because I see the words "Installed Expansions: Autarchic Pulsar" in NEI when I look up "autarchic" and browse thru the gates.

Edit: Confirmed. Infinity recipe in NEI is blank, but you just replace the Assembly Table with the Integration Table, then one Gate plus one Pulsating Chipset equals an Autarchic Gate via the laser power. Once installed, the gate is animated now, so it looks a lot nicer than previous versions did IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pyure

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
You have a gate, and you put it and a special chipset in the table to combine them. (The special chipsets are pulsating (Autarchic Pulsar), Quartz (Redstone Clock) and Comparator (Redstone Fader) if I remember rightly). the finished gate stays in the table, so unlike the Assembly Table you do not need an adjacent chest to output to.

Reactions: asb3pe

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
I'm having problems with my frame bore. Four of the terrain smashers aren't smashing. They've all got itemducts behind them, they are connected, they are all set to output to the back, redstone ignored. Each time it moves, the same four smashers, two pairs diagonally of adjacent ones, refuse to break the block in front of them! I break and replace the smashers, and the next time it moves, four or five different terrain smashers stop working. Any ideas?

Also my wireless remote keeps glitching. I have it set to channel 2, a receiver back at the base on 2 through a toggle latch and transmitting on 1, which locks out the timer on the frame bore. So I use channel 2 to toggle the frame bore on and off. I keep having to switch the channel 1 receiver on the bore to a different channel and back again, and changing the channel on the remote up and down to make it work, and the names won't persist either.

*Edit* This is Infinity 1.2.1, I'm trying the latest version now.

*Edit* Hm, it seems to be when there's water in front of some of the terrain smashers that some of them get stuck. It's mostly clearing itself now if I leave it for long enough, except that the trailing line of smashers that's clearing the layer of blocks below (because the bore has to be above the BuildCraft spring water blocks) keeps leaving lines behind un-broken.

Last edited:

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
Is it on a chunk boundary? Are you using any covers? Are they all placed right? Pics might be helpful.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Is it on a chunk boundary? Are you using any covers? Are they all placed right? Pics might be helpful.
Ok here's the base of the machine:
2015-03-26_21.11.58.jpg
That is mid-movement so you can see that the line of breakers at the back is about to move on and leave the stone behind, and that the ducts connecting them to the ender chest is currently disconnected whilst the machine is in mid-inchworm. The impulse ducts at the top continue up another 18 blocks. Here's a side view:
2015-03-26_21.18.19.jpg
And here it is in the middle of clearing out the layer in front of it, it's breaking blocks somewhat randomly once per second:
2015-03-26_21.21.40.jpg
I suspect that maybe the ducts are a bottleneck. I'm thinking of replacing them all with warp item ducts, but that's a lot of removing and replacing of ducts and covers!
*Edit* Mmm, no. Eventually, all but one of the blocks underneath the smashers broke, the nearest one will not break.
2015-03-26_21.45.51.jpg
I just tried attaching a retriever to the ender chest end of the warp ducts, and the game crashed. Maybe that will un-block the smasher when I re-load...
*Edit* Nope, retrieval nodes don't make any difference, and replacing everything with warp ducts doesn't work either. My conclusion is: Thermal Expansion and Thermal Dynamics Frame Bores are simply not reliable. Shame, I know AE2 works, but everyone's doing that these days. Any suggestions what else I can do with these 182 terrain smashers? I guess I'll keep hold of them until I find an Uncrafting Table.

Last edited: