Arbatoreum and apples?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Setari

Jul 29, 2019
I have an Arba running along with a logger. the logger outputs saplings and wood fine, but how do I get it to store apples in a chest/barrel?

Edit: I took this away, but the pieces of wood it chops are still just coming out of the logger instead of going into the pipes...

Setari

Jul 29, 2019
Would attaching a pipe+filter to the pipe taking the saps/apples out and putting a filter for apples work for getting the apples out?

Wizaerd

Jul 29, 2019
I usually pipe the top of the logger into the arboretum, with a branch pipe off into a chest. Saplings keep the arboretum full and the extras go into the chest as do the apples. There may be a more elegant way, but it's typically what I do.

Setari

Jul 29, 2019
Well I set it up with a filter, but in order to put the filter to good use it has to use pneumatic pipes on both sides... and guess what pneumatic pipes don't connect to? So I had to pipe the whole thing with those, and I haven't even seen anything come out yet... is forestry compatible with those pipes?

Alright, I just set it up with the regular pipes. Sand coming out the side and saps going into the chest or the arba... whatever the pipes decide, lol.

Setari

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think a relay is going to help me with this, but I'm gonna go into creative and see. And I searched and could find nothing about arbas and sorting apples, so no need to be rude about it.

Yeah doesn't look like a relay would help. Thanks anyway guys, guess I'll stick to piping and moving saplings.

sumguy

Jul 29, 2019
I personally had to resort to using BC pipes for the machines, with a diamond pipe on top of the arboretum sorting humus and saplings into the machine. Once the items passed the machine though (Apples, logs, sand, excess saplings) they were piped into a relay and then into my RP sorting system. I kind of look at the relay like a doorway: its the exit point of one system (BC/forestry) into the next system (RP). So i personally tried to stick with BC pipes for all my farms, but once they had achieved their goal....

One idea i had that I was going to try and play with in a creative world would be to put a regulator on top of the Arboretum with a buffer on top of that and try to make it be able to accept both humus and saplings, while trying to use RP tubes as much as possible.

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
The Relay acts like a chest, right? Last time I checked the Forestry farms can automatically put their output into an adjacent chest, so that should work (just put them next to the farms and they should automatically put their stuff in there, I think). I'm saying this from memory though, and my memory is known to fail me from time to time (that, and I haven't done much with RP2 tubing and stuff).

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
Did nobody mention diamond pipes, yet? Here, that's my setup with them. Never mixes up saplings and apples.
kindaso.jpg

Setari

Jul 29, 2019
I wasn't even aware there were diamond and iron pipes... that setup looks gnarly to make. As in hard. :[ Though never thought of using a redstone energy cell to power it... huh. Will have to make another, that makes 3 that we have, lol. Will have to toy around some more in creative now, for sure.

Edit: SWEET! The diamond piping works in creative! Yesss! Now I can do this in my real one, dunno why that wasn't mentioned earlier... coulda had it done this morning before I went to work...

Toraxa

Jul 29, 2019
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/6905/arboretum.png

That's mine.

Transposers coming off the side and top of the logger, pumping wood to the wood barrel, and apples to a barrel. The one on top also pumps saplings up through the in-line filter (I was having issues with apples backing up into the arboretum's sapling space), passes them by the arboretum, and if it's full, carries them on to a sapling chest towards the left. The gold chest next to that barrel is filled with humus which gets pumped underneath and into the arboretum, as the bottom is where it accepts humus. Finally, a third barrel is set up next to the apple and wood block barrels which I pump the sand to.

Setari

Jul 29, 2019
Holy crap dude that's cool. Let me see if I can get a picture of my setup, those diamond pipes work great, though I would definitely like to be using barrels or at least diamond chests/crystal chests for the whole thing. Also should take your idea and make a chest for Humus...

Here's mine, minus the chest for Humus. I was busy building my Advanced Lappack and Mining Laser. The tube going out of the logger underground goes back to my house, and there's a chest there for apples, and one for sand, and there will be another for Humus. Can Humus go into any side of the Arb or what?

2013-01-27_014952_zpsc9434173.png

Toraxa

Jul 29, 2019
I believe humus has to go into top or bottom. I chose to pump it to the bottom because I already had too many tangled pipes up above the machines.

The forestry wiki claims it can go into any side, but I found when I tried to pump into the sides, it put the humus into the sand or sapling spaces. Might just be an issue with redpower though. I used redpower instead of buildcraft because it was going to be fully automated and I didn't want it filling up and dumping stuff on the ground.

Setari

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think it's gonna be fully automated if you have to keep producing Humus... unless you have something that does that for you like a Project Worktable? I'm not sure if those even do that bythemselves. I'm gonna work on the Humus thing when I get back, because we have a LOT of dirt we could be using for Humus. Will probably expand the chests and move them elsewhere so I can have multiple chests for sand and Humus and apples.

Also I have no idea why I keep capitalizing humus.

Toraxa

Jul 29, 2019
The gold chest I have there has only been filled once, and it's been running for over a week now. It does need filling, but it's such a rare occurrence that it may as well not.

Setari

Jul 29, 2019
Wow o.o. Though I suppose that's what would happen with ours too, since we'd only use the charcoal for powering our hobbyist steam engines we have running our quarry. Gotta fill this double chest with humus! Also I take it you just flip on the power for pumping the humus out when the whole thing is running, right?

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
Heres a bit more details on my setup:

This is my leave-it-alone-automatic-humus-production line:
humus.jpg
- yes, it is expensive
- it creates so much humus, I could easily set up a second and nearly third tree farm with the amount of humus it produces ;)

This is the farm in its whole.
farm.jpg
- yes, it is even more expensive
- the energycell gets its power from below (theres a rs-conduit-line you cannot see from the upper side)
- I ran into the "redpower tubes don't care about what-goes-where" problem: the solution for this this is the diamond chest in between, that's where I switch between rs2-tubes and bc-pipes (as they are slightly more intelligent when it comes to forestry inventory slots)

The way this works is kinda like this:
The humus gets produced by my production line. The enderchest the humus ends in is integrated into the farm-pipelines. The farm does its job by replacing saplings, while getting fed with humus and saplings aplenty and sending the sand it created to the humus-creating-enderchest (Sand/Apatite). The logger logs (duh) the grown trees and spits out saplings, wood and apples, which are routed by diamond pipes into the apropriate chests/enderchests.
The surplus humus (e.g., farm is fed with 4x64 humus) ends up in the same enderchest as the apples and the wood, where a filter looks out for it, pulling it from there (leaving the apple and wood inside), sending it on its way to the farm again.

The whole thing, as long as supplied with power by the rs-cell, can run forever and a day without human interaction. In the end, I have an enderchest with wood blocks and apples, which is included in my sorting system, thus leaving me with a crystal chest filled with said wood and apples - but not the humus.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Hope this helps a bit. =)