[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Russell Pearson

Jul 29, 2019
had a strange thing with my agricraft sprinkler today, connected to irrigation channels, i broke the channel to turn it off, and it kept on going for hours, without depleting the water in the channels

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Just went through the update process for .71/.72, and now WAILA has lost it's background whenever I mouse over a block. Is this one intended?

rxiv

Jul 29, 2019
Depends if you are a glutton for punishment like I was or not

If you are

normal grind cross-breading plants.
Once you have sugarcane make yourself a snorkel then run around and grab clay and at least one Oyster (more is better as they are the only way to get the ender pearl you are going to need for the ender chest)
You will be doing the repeatable quests for the essences just like you did at the start of the game.
You are focusing on getting the copper essence for a copper seed.
Make the vat once you have enough copper. Make obsidian.
Grind for a nether seed and blaze essences.
Once you can make yourself the ender chest you are home free.

If you aren't
You are going to need quite a few brew of sleeping.
Do a turn in for copper essence and blaze essence in the quest book but don't claim the rewards.
Port to dream world and pray for a good dream
Claim rewards.
Rinse and repeat until you have enough copper for a vat and 8 blaze essences.
Cross-bread seeds for sugarcane. Make snorkel. Grab clay and oysters.
Feed sand to oysters until they finally give you a ender pearl.
Make ender chest.

Ok, I guess I was/am a glutton for punishment - completed all the seed quests in the overworld and then *again* I did all the seeds in the spirit world up to iron and tin including all the Botania flower seeds. Then I got stuck - how do you progress from there? You can make manasteel pick - but that's only bronze level, but apparently works on Redstone although Waila says it shouldn't.

You can get iron and coal, but at that point, I already have seeds for iron, coal, copper and tin. Next issue - gold needs Alumite level and/or diamonds (I am thinking to boost mining level) need steel. I need gold to get the Botania conversion block so I can get glowstone. Then I need Alumite to get lapis for Terrasteel.

To get alumite, you need aluminum, but that needs a fire 'coin/thing' and that needs a nether brick. No Gold or Aluminum means I cannot make tinkers casts either so I am stuck with manasteel. The nether seeds would work as an inbetween, but no way (that I know of) to get netherrack in the spirit world. So progression halted. I ended up going back to overworld, completing the nether essence quest again and waiting to re-claim the reward till I got back in the spirit world. That felt dirty.

Progress continued now that I had nether essence. Finished up skeletons and blaze, and aluminum. Egads, Oysters! Doh - did ender seeds. Made fire, earth, water, and air 'shard/coin' things, made chicken eggs again.

Sort of like what Raetac said in his video - my spirit setup is/was better than my overworld setup.

So, now I am stuck again - need steel, terrasteel, titanium or elemental to get diamond - except need titanium to get blast furnace, so titanium and steel are out since Rutile is not available. And need diamond to get terrasteel so am at a catch 22.

Finally, that leaves me with either completing all the seeds again at least up to diamond- which means the all the ores in the spirit world are useless or an enderchest/cloak/belt is in my future to smuggle some contraband in.

I kind of hope i did things the 'hard' way since I am playing with my son and I explained what I had to do to get here and he pretty much said that he was never doing this quest. Which got me thinking - seems like one heck of a huge process for a single quest.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Just went through the update process for .71/.72, and now WAILA has lost it's background whenever I mouse over a block. Is this one intended?
Yes it is. If you want to change it back just increase the Alpha value in the WAILA settings menu (default key is Numpad0)
Ok, I guess I was/am a glutton for punishment - completed all the seed quests in the overworld and then *again* I did all the seeds in the spirit world up to iron and tin including all the Botania flower seeds. Then I got stuck - how do you progress from there? You can make manasteel pick - but that's only bronze level, but apparently works on Redstone although Waila says it shouldn't.

You can get iron and coal, but at that point, I already have seeds for iron, coal, copper and tin. Next issue - gold needs Alumite level and/or diamonds (I am thinking to boost mining level) need steel. I need gold to get the Botania conversion block so I can get glowstone. Then I need Alumite to get lapis for Terrasteel.

To get alumite, you need aluminum, but that needs a fire 'coin/thing' and that needs a nether brick. No Gold or Aluminum means I cannot make tinkers casts either so I am stuck with manasteel. The nether seeds would work as an inbetween, but no way (that I know of) to get netherrack in the spirit world. So progression halted. I ended up going back to overworld, completing the nether essence quest again and waiting to re-claim the reward till I got back in the spirit world. That felt dirty.

Progress continued now that I had nether essence. Finished up skeletons and blaze, and aluminum. Egads, Oysters! Doh - did ender seeds. Made fire, earth, water, and air 'shard/coin' things, made chicken eggs again.

Sort of like what Raetac said in his video - my spirit setup was better than my overworld setup.

So, now I am stuck again - need steel, terrasteel, titanium or elemental to get diamond - except need titanium to get blast furnace, so titanium and steel are out since Rutile is not available. And need diamond to get terrasteel so am at a catch 22.

Finally, that leaves me with either completing all the seeds again - which means the all the ores in the spirit world are useless or an enderchest/cloak/belt is in my future to smuggle some contraband in.

I kind of hope i did things the 'hard' way since I am playing with my son and I explained what I had to do to get here and he pretty much said that he was never doing this quest. Which got me thinking - seems like one heck of a huge process for a single quest.
It's more than one quest - there's a whole necromancy quest line past the brazier depending on it and leads to eventually fighting death. The spirit world progression seems to be something I need to take a deeper look at.

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019

Sort of like what Raetac said in his video - my spirit setup was better than my overworld setup.

Finally, that leaves me with either completing all the seeds again - which means the all the ores in the spirit world are useless or an enderchest/cloak/belt is in my future to smuggle some contraband in.

Make an ender chest and stop killing yourself over the seeds again.

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
It's not my favorite green, but it sure beats cracked sand!

HvsZeDU.png

Richard Swingle

Jul 29, 2019
Hi All, I hope I am placing this in the right section. I am playing regrowth. I have a wooden engine. It is connected to a squeezer and i put a lever by it and turned it on. It moves back and forth etc. It shows as not generating any power and the juicer wont work. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Hi All, I hope I am placing this in the right section. I am playing regrowth. I have a wooden engine. It is connected to a squeezer and i put a lever by it and turned it on. It moves back and forth etc. It shows as not generating any power and the juicer wont work. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you
Wooden engine will not produce enough power to operate equipment only extraction pipes...
Try a hobbyist steam engine

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks!

Oops... looks like I need something with it... /sigh
Look around in the Thaumic Exploration tab. I remember that being the only thing I had to research back in 0.6.5 and I had the research. Doubt it's changed since.
Edit: Do you have the infusion matrix yet?
Edit 2: Just got the research myself, the ear and the infusion matrix are the required researches and its in the top right of the 'Thaumic Esoterica' page.
2015-03-25_21.58.04.png

Last edited:
Reactions: JustHeyo