[1.6.4] Discovery [ QUESTS | Biomes O'Plenty Open World |DUBSTEP! ] [1.0.5 | 120+MODS]

What Mod Should I Focus On First ?

• Ars Magica 2

Votes: 17 37.0%
  • BuildCraft

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Extra Utilities & Open Blocks

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Forestry

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • IC2

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Mariculture

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • RotaryCraft

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Tinker's Construct

Votes: 17 37.0%
  • Thermal Expansion

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Botania

Votes: 7 15.2%

• Total voters

Oraia

Jul 29, 2019

The version 1.0.6 is around the corner ! More mods, more quests, more rewards ! Translocators, TreeCapitator, Nether Ores, InGameInfo, Waila Harvestability, Magical Crops, Ender Storage, Wireless Redstone, Equivalent Exchange 3 and Dubstep modified discs !

Description

This light pack is designed for the adventurers, the new players, those who want to discover the magic of Feed The Beast.

Ever wanted to create titanic industries from a piece of wood and an hopper ?
Ever wanted to know how you can craft a Walrus, what is a Quarry for, what are all these Redstone thingies ? This pack is for you !

Follow the Quest Book through a beautiful world, full of new ores and monsters !
Time for you to discover all these mods !
Today, it's your turn !

Update Logs

It's around the corner, can't you see it ?

- Added Galacticraft & Galacticraft Planets
- Added Mekanism & Mekanism Generators & Mekanism Tools
- Added Additional Buildcraft Object
- Added ComputerCraft
- Added Ender IO
- Added Factorization
- Added Damage Indicators
- Added BiblioCraft
- Added BibloWood Forestry & BiblioWood Biomes O'Plenty
- Added Railcraft
-
Added ProjectRed Lightning & Exploration & Compatibility & Transmission & Integration
- Added Twilight Forest
- Added Extra Cells
[Can you see the Walrus ?]
- Removed RotaryCraft [That's sad, but I had huge crashed issues... ]

- Added Botania
- Added Blood Magic
- Added Witchery
- Added Chisel 1 & AutoLib
- Added Carpenter's Blocks
- Changed the Banner

- Added RotaryCraft
- Removed Fancy Fences

Mod List

Additional BuildCraft Object - Flow86
Applied Energistics 1 - AlorgithmX2
Ars Magica 2 - Mithion
AutoLib - AutomaticMaiden
BiblioCraft - Nuchaz
BiblioWood Forestry - Nuchaz
BilbioWood Biomes O'Plenty - Nuchaz
Big Reactors - Erogenous Beef
Biomes O'Plenty - TDWP_FTW & Adubbz
Blood Magic - WayOfTime
Buildcraft - SpaceToad & Others
Botania - Vazkii
Carpenters' Blocks - Mineshopper
ChickenChunks - ChickenBones
Chisel 1 - Automatic_Maiden
CodeChickenCore - ChickenBones
CoFH Core - Team CoFH
ComputerCraft - Dan200
Damage Indicators - Rich1051414
EnderIO - CrazyPants
Evoc - Prof Mobius
ExtraCells - Leonelf
Extra Utilities - RWTema
Factorization - Neptunepink
FinndusFillies - Myrathi
Forestry - SirSengir
Hardcore Questing Mod - Lorddusk & Newcastlegeek & Vswe
Industrial Craft 2 Experimantal - IC2 Dev Team
InfiniBows - Myrathi
Inventory Tweaks - Kobata
JABBA - Prof Mobius
Jouney Map - Techbrew
Mariculture - Joshie
Mekanism - Aidancbrady
Mekanism Generators - Aidancbrady
Mekanism Tools - Aidancbrady
Minefactory Reloaded - Powercrystals & Skyboy
MobiusCore - Prof Mobius
Not Enought Items [NEI] - ChickenBones
NEI Plugins - Mistakur
NEI Addons - Bdew
Obsidiplates - Myrathi
OpenModLib - Mykee
OpenBlocks - Mykee
Opis - Prof Mobius
PowerCrystalsCore - Powercrystals & Skyboy
Project Red Base - MrTJP & ChickenBones
Projet Red Lightning - MrTJP & ChickenBones
Project red Transmission - MrTJP & ChickenBones
Project Red Exploration - MrTJP & ChickenBones
Project Red Compatibility - MrTJP & ChickenBones
Project Red Integration - MrTJP & ChickenBones
RailCraft - CovertJaguar

Redstone Arsenal - Team CoFH
Simply Jetpacks - Tonius
Tinker's Construct - MDiyo
Thermal Expansion - Team CoFH
Twilight Forest - Benimatic
Waila - Prof Mobius
Witchery - Emoniph

Licenses Links

Railcraft : Click Here

Dubstep & Electro Music Discs Credits

- Windwaker by Mord Fustang

Quest Chapter List

• Chapter 1 : First Steps. You're first ore processing and machines !
  • Chapter 2 :
  • Chapter 3 :
  • Chapter 4 : Fishes & Anvils ! This one is about Mariculture !
  • Chapter 5 : Trees & Bees ! This one is about Forestry & Addons !
  • Chapter 6 :
  • Chapter 7 :
  • Chapter 8 :
  • Chapter 9 :
  • Chapter 10 : Reactors And Stuff ! This one is about Big Reactors.
  • Chapter 11 : Orcs And Speed ! This one is about RotaryCraft !
  • Chapter 12 : Spells And Spoons ! This one is about Ars Magica 2 !
  • Chapter 13 : Opening A Flower Shop ! This one is about Botania !
  • Chapter 14 : Achievements ! You need some rewards for this ...

Terms Of Uses

The following rules are in regard of the rules the copyright of some mods.
You can not make any money from this pack, by redirecting his URL via Adfly or anything like this.

Code

Discovery

[Note From The Author]

I know you're thinking, why the hell am I making a pack for 1.6 ?!
Yes, 1.7 is great, almost every main mods have been updated, and 1.8 is already pointing here and there...

I choosed 1.6 for multiple reasons. The first one is certainly the fact that 1.6 makes your game serveral times smoother than in 1.7. I don't why, but for most of the players, that's a fact !
Second reason is that 1.7 is way less stable, in term of Minecraft in general, than 1.6.Again, I don't know why, probably Mojang who messed some part of the codes, but that's a fact.
Last but not least, I wanted to make a "light" pack. I know, the mod list isn't the smallest you can see, and besides FTB Lite 3, it's a skycrapper...
Actually, when I say "light", I mean that most of the 1.7 packs needs Java 1.7 and about 2 or 3 GB of Ram, when in the same time in 1.6 you can launch twice the amount of mods while reducing your RAM to 1 or 2GB.

Yes, I can launch FTB Monster with 2GB and a poor Java 6 32bit, but when I try to launch a smaller 1.7 packs with 4GB of RAM and Java 6 64bit, it crashes directly...

I hope you'll like the idea of this pack !
Remember, this modpack is in early stage... You can try to play it know, but you'll have only few quests !

Thanks for reading,

-Oraia-

Last edited:
Reactions: Skvapter

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
I never heard of rotarycraft before last weekend in FTB Monster, it sounds like a cool mod though it has a slow start to it.

Oraia

Jul 29, 2019
Aaaaaaaaaaaand there's another one for the Modpack queue ;)

Thanks a lot !

I never heard of rotarycraft before last weekend in FTB Monster, it sounds like a cool mod though it has a slow start to it.

Yeah RotaryCraft is an amazing mod, but it isn't as easy as starting Thermal Expansion or even Thaumcraft ...

I wanted to add this mod in this pack because it's one of the best mods I saw, and I thought that I could do some quests about it to help players understanding how it really works...

I could add ReactorCraft or Electricraft, but these mods are twice as complex as RC is, so...

Last edited:

Oraia

Jul 29, 2019
Important Note: Do not Play with version 1.0.3, there is a native file missing ... Use the new 1.0.4 version, this one works perfectly !

Oraia

Jul 29, 2019
Hey that's a good idea, I should add Factorization in 1.0.5 ;)

Anyone know if you can change the sprint hotkey in 1.6.4?

Are you playing on my pack ? If it's the case,i would like to warn you that I just had the time to make 5/6 quests, I'll focus on quests next and the 1.0.5 version will have at least the first chapter completed, which is already not that bad ...

Oraia

Jul 29, 2019
ReC maybe, but ElC?

I probably said that a bit too fast... I fact, I never really got into ElectriCraft. I don't know why, I think I was more interested in starting ReactorCraft ...

I'm currently trying to reinstall RoC in the pack. Forge is turning me mad at the moment, like ... really ... I got the famous "mod duplication" glitch ... I thought it had disappear some times ago... Apparently not ! It's just when I add RoC, don't ask me why .It isn't a problem of installation, cause 2 days ago it was TE3 which was causing crashes .

Looks Great!

Thanks !

I'm currently working on quests, but it's a real time-eater .Making one quests take me like ... 5 minutes ? What's more I have to rediscover some mods, like Botania or IC2, so in the same time I play a bit of TTPI on a server.

Beside quests, I think that the mod list is complete for now, maybe on or two more here and there for the 1.0.6 version, like Waila Harvestability and Forestry 3 Addons ...

Oraia

Jul 29, 2019
Mhh sorry it seems that the Hqm config didn't work .. I'll really get into quests, don't worry. I'm planning on releasing 1.0.6 ... today , if possible ? If you really want the quest book, you can simply craft one, look at the recipe with NEI, i think it's a very easy one

Reactions: realistic

realistic

Jul 29, 2019
Mhh sorry it seems that the Hqm config didn't work .. I'll really get into quests, don't worry. I'm planning on releasing 1.0.6 ... today , if possible ? If you really want the quest book, you can simply craft one, look at the recipe with NEI, i think it's a very easy one
cool, thanks, i'll look into that!

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I probably said that a bit too fast... I fact, I never really got into ElectriCraft. I don't know why, I think I was more interested in starting ReactorCraft ...

I'm currently trying to reinstall RoC in the pack. Forge is turning me mad at the moment, like ... really ... I got the famous "mod duplication" glitch ... I thought it had disappear some times ago... Apparently not ! It's just when I add RoC, don't ask me why .It isn't a problem of installation, cause 2 days ago it was TE3 which was causing crashes .
Then you have a duplicate mod.

Oraia

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think so, because I just compressed the mod file into a .zip format, like I do everytime this error appear, and I launched the game without any problems .. Except the mod wasn't loaded :/

Oraia

Jul 29, 2019
Edit #5 : 1.0.6 is ready to go ! I added some quests, some new rewards & some new mods ! I'll continue to work on quests for a bit, and i'll released it probably tomorrow !

Compressed the mod yourself? What?

I just ... , I don't really know how to say this ... In fact, I downloaded the lastest 1.6 version of RoC and DragonAPI directly from your site, put it into the mods floder and launched the gameIt told me I had duplicated mod files, RoC and DragonAPI. As they were "open" folder, I compressed these files into .zip. I launched the game, everything worked except the mod wasn't loaded ..

I had this issue quite a few times, and everytime I compressed the files and it worked fine, except this time ... I tried with both DragonApi and RoC with different versions, each times the same, but it doesn't seems to work ..

I checked into the FTB Monster mods folder,the DragonApi and the RoC files were exactly like in my mods folder.. I think it has something to do with, i don't know, Forge Version or something like that. I'll try again later, it seems to be just a "random" bug.

Last edited: