[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Asking modtweaker to use api correctly is stupid. APIs are often too restrictive for what modtweaker needs to do. I see no remove methods. TE is even worse expecting you to use IMC which is just impractical for the purposes.
OP was asking about adding, not removing. We fully support adding at this time. We currently don't support removing directly from the API.

BrowserXL

Jul 29, 2019
To be honest, that bug brought a lot of notice to EnviroMine, they probably kept the bug on purpose.

Its a grue which comes only on halloween or friday the 13th. Its an easter egg, which can be disabled in the config. It was shown here before when this happened the last time. I find it very amusing. Everything that keeps up the tension up from dieing in this hostile world is very entertaining. fits the theme nicely.

joshie

Jul 29, 2019
OP was asking about adding, not removing. We fully support adding at this time. We currently don't support removing directly from the API.

I know, just saying. When I was working on it. I even had to reflect in to my own mod =p (though i did change things after).

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Its a grue which comes only on halloween or friday the 13th. Its an easter egg, which can be disabled in the config. It was shown here before when this happened the last time. I find it very amusing. Everything that keeps up the tension up from dieing in this hostile world is very entertaining. fits the theme nicely.
It was my understanding that it becomes worse in the deep dark on those days and it becoming a thing in the Overworld was a bug? Is this not the case?

BrowserXL

Jul 29, 2019
Nope. Check the posts around january 13th/14th. Someone postet the excerpt from the evironmine configfile. It is meant to be that way.

Xionanx

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to update mods in this pack without breaking it? Applied Energetics for example? Others?

scourge728

Jul 29, 2019
i'll ask again where is the ice for the quest to get fish and stuff as I can't find it (I found the lava pool though XD and the gravel)

Barditron

Jul 29, 2019
i'll ask again where is the ice for the quest to get fish and stuff as I can't find it (I found the lava pool though XD and the gravel)
The ice is in a spatial storage drive you get for completing the Hydration quest in Ch1. Unsurprisingly this is addressed in the text for the quest.

"a small pond was frozen and stored in a SPACIAL DRIVE"

I find it interesting you are worrying about fish right now when water should be a pretty big concern. Technically, if you use the fish oil>bottle>barrel>bucket method, Minecraft's infinite water sources should allow you to complete the quest with or without the Ice Pond. My last run through i never did load the ice pond drive until i decided i really wanted the redstone lamp.

Last edited:

BrowserXL

Jul 29, 2019
best way would be the frozen lake which you get as an ender io module. That one is a questreward. Other ways would be to find ice on the planet. There used to be ice from frezerite meteors, but I think they are still switched of due to an incompatibility in fallen meteors.
Another place to get ice was the dungeons. I haven't been there lately, I only saw that the tower was changed from snow to stone. I haven't been into it (plan to do that in a few days), but in the earlier version the first two levels of those dungeons where made of ice and snow as well.

Xionanx

Jul 29, 2019
No... I tried updating AE and the pack died :p
Appreciate the answer.

Was blown away by the polish of this pack when I first loaded it, really looking forward to playing but was hoping to update a few of the mods that are giving the "update me" messages at login without breaking it. Guess i will just have to deal with the constant harassment to update. :p

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
No... I tried updating AE and the pack died :p

Did you update Extra Cells when trying to update AE? I updated to appliedenergistics2-rv2-beta-9, and to ExtraCells-1.7.10-2.2.58b88. It seems to be fine on the latest version of the pack with the latest map gen. I also updated a few more mods.

Xionanx

Jul 29, 2019
ReabOholicI might try that at some point once I work out my other issues.

Statement: I am trying to get this set up as a SMP server, allowing members of my guild to join in and start playing whenever they want without me needing to be present to hand hold them through the "Start" process. I already have the server running using the EZ Core 1.2.8 map included in the server files downloaded via the FTB launcher "download server" button.

The "Problem" I am running into is:
* /hqm Quest doesn't work (EDIT: Aware that logging in using cheat mode.. but want to make it no brainer for others without needed to do this)
* Players aren't spawning "in" the shelter but a ways away from it, and knowing my players they will wander off AWAY from it.... (easy fix I know, just change spawn loc, which I'll do)

So my question(S) now are:

1. Is there a way to set the server to allow ALL new players joining to be able to /hqm Quest (or.. just auto-enable it for everyone who joins like "Regrowth" does)

2. Is there an "updated" server download somewhere, as it concerns me "World" in FTB server files is 1.2.8 but the pack is 1.3.1. (makes me think the FTB launcher isn't the latest server download)

EDIT: After reading the thread quite a bit, it seems this pack isn't exactly "Friendly" to servers with 10+ people since I few of the quests will need to be reset or edited if people aren't online to complete them. Was hoping there was a easy/user friendly way of getting this working for multiple people who have different play schedules.

Last edited:

scourge728

Jul 29, 2019
The ice is in a spatial storage drive you get for completing the Hydration quest in Ch1. Unsurprisingly this is addressed in the text for the quest.

"a small pond was frozen and stored in a SPACIAL DRIVE"

I find it interesting you are worrying about fish right now when water should be a pretty big concern. Technically, if you use the fish oil>bottle>barrel>bucket method, Minecraft's infinite water sources should allow you to complete the quest with or without the Ice Pond. My last run through i never did load the ice pond drive until i decided i really wanted the redstone lamp.

i was never given the spatial storage drive with the ice in it

Xionanx

Jul 29, 2019
ReabOholicI might try that at some point once I work out my other issues.

Statement: I am trying to get this set up as a SMP server, allowing members of my guild to join in and start playing whenever they want without me needing to be present to hand hold them through the "Start" process. I already have the server running using the EZ Core 1.2.8 map included in the server files downloaded via the FTB launcher "download server" button.

The "Problem" I am running into is:
* /hqm Quest doesn't work (EDIT: Aware that logging in using cheat mode.. but want to make it no brainer for others without needed to do this)
* Players aren't spawning "in" the shelter but a ways away from it, and knowing my players they will wander off AWAY from it.... (easy fix I know, just change spawn loc, which I'll do)

So my question(S) now are:

1. Is there a way to set the server to allow ALL new players joining to be able to /hqm Quest (or.. just auto-enable it for everyone who joins like "Regrowth" does)

2. Is there an "updated" server download somewhere, as it concerns me "World" in FTB server files is 1.2.8 but the pack is 1.3.1. (makes me think the FTB launcher isn't the latest server download)

EDIT: After reading the thread quite a bit, it seems this pack isn't exactly "Friendly" to servers with 10+ people since I few of the quests will need to be reset or edited if people aren't online to complete them. Was hoping there was a easy/user friendly way of getting this working for multiple people who have different play schedules.

SOLVED MY OWN PROBLEM:

Steps to get a server working that anyone can join, any time they want, without having to type /hqm quest to get "Started".

1. Download the Server Files from FTB Launcher.
2. Unzip them somewhere.
3. DELETE the "World" folder.
4. RUN "ServerStart.bat" -- this creates a "new" world folder with everything new in it (THIS STEP MUST BE DONE) ** DO NOT LOGIN TO THE SERVER
5. STOP the server.
6. DELETE EVERYTHING in the newly created "World" folder EXCEPT the "HardcoreQuesting" folder and its contents.
7. Copy ALL of the contents from either EZCore 1.2.8 or HardCore 1.2.8 folder into the "World" folder. (NOT BOTH, EITHER)
8. RUN "ServerStart.bat" --
9. Login and be amazed that you and your players no longer have to type /HQM Quest to start the quests.

OPTIONAL STEP(S):
10. Edit the level.dat file using NBTExplorer to change the "Spawn" location to be inside the shelter. (not going to detail this step much)
11. Add multiple copies of the "Paper Sword" and the "Bow" to the chest in the shelter (10+ of each works for my server size, your server size may vary)
OR
12. Find a way to make players spawn in with those items already in their inventory (best for larger servers)

Note, these steps worked for me.. and as far as I can tell nothing is "Wrong" or broken with the pack. I'm not entirely sure WHY it works.. but it does. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable could explain the why. Also, if this doesn't actually break anything, maybe the pack author could simply do these steps and then repack the server files, saving everyone who downloads it in the future time/headaches trying to get this set up on a multi-player server. :p

If any of my players have problems related to this "Fix" I'll update this post

ussdefiant

Jul 29, 2019
so, a few categories of advice i'd like to hear from people:
1) How would i go about getting one of these ultra-enchanted hammers people talk about with Fortune/Efficiency? Enchanting table seems a bit too random and most of my XP seems to go into keeping the hordes of mobs outside from murdering me when i try to get XP from them (Charging Helms/Helms Of Strength/Rocket Creepers are OBNOXIOUS).

2)is there any kind of earlyish gear that'd help me actually survive one of the bunker dungeons? 10+ mobs on a 15x15ish floor gets rather rediculous when they seem to invariably include creepers or Skellie/Zombie Majors in the mix.

3)Steves' Carts is the earliest questline that brings out automation, right? Anything in there that might help with making dirt/sand/other Ex Nihilo stuff?

4)Is there anything in Flaxbeards' Steam Power that'd make me want to switch from Meteor/Ticon gear besides a early jetpack/maybe automatically anvilling things? Zinc has actually been really hard to find for me to make brass with...