[1.7.10] Pathfinder [Peaceful][HQM][Tech][Adventure][Listed]

mew2keegan

Jul 29, 2019
So, I've been playing the pack for the last two days, and I must say, it's AMAZING. But. I've found a few bugs. Number one, Alchemical Bags. They keep deleting every item I had in them. Lost an entire mining expedition's worth of stuff, along with lots of food. Number two... Remove the amount of EMC that the Unknown Dimlets have. You can just THROW those into the freaking Transmutation Table, and have infinite amounts of EMC. Three, fix the recipes.. The recipes broke, and I didn't need to make the Manyullyn Blocks for the Transmutation Table. All I needed were four obsidian, and four stone, and the Philosopher's Stone.

Also, a bit of a game breaker.... Completely remove the chance for the Terrain Eater to spawn in dungeon chests. I managed to find one as soon as I entered one of the Mineshaft things. It can mine literally everything.... The progression tree kind of broke :(

The game gets a bit ridiculous when you have infinite EMC, a Transmutation Table, and a pick that can mine anything that has 15000 Durability... And can place torches at the cost of 1 durability each.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I will never understand why the term OP is so over used! or how something should be removed because 1 person was lucky in finding it in a loot chest. If it's game breaking don't use it, throw it in lava, and move on. Again, I just don't understand:p

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Is it? Pahimar plays Material Energy^4 with direwolf
And he has a family and real job. But he is still working on it. I resonantly posted the updates he has shown in his twitter thread
Here's the last bit.

Pahimar @Pahimar · Mar 11
Various things are in various states of being done, but the end product of transmutation IS IN SIGHT!

Granted I expect we will be getting EE2 by way of the intermediary mod sooner than that gets released.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I will never understand why the term OP is so over used! or how something should be removed because 1 person was lucky in finding it in a loot chest. If it's game breaking don't use it, throw it in lava, and move on. Again, I just don't understand:p

Because OP can mean over the power of normal things. But it's meant to mean overly powerful. Powerful beyond reasonable bounds.

But as some devs got there panties in a bunch when there progression got messed with. And others are balance Nazis.
The perception of that term has gotten way warped.

Decibull

Jul 29, 2019
I've been having this bug where when you fill up your inventory, the last stack of items you picked up doesn't stack to 16/32, it stacks to 15/31 but opening a slot in your inventory and picking up the item that doesn't stack correctly fixes it.

http://a.pomf.se/dkmkau.webm

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Because OP can mean over the power of normal things. But it's meant to mean overly powerful. Powerful beyond reasonable bounds.

But as some devs got there panties in a bunch when there progression got messed with. And others are balance Nazis.
The perception of that term has gotten way warped.

I know what OP in this term is, but thank you for explaining it a lot better than I understood it. I just don't understand why (a very small number of players) have to use it to the point that mod developers go nuts to say the least. EE2 was a great mod, but died partly because of a small group flaming the fourms with the same complaint,"It is to OP, in 30 mins I had five quarry's going into the condenser and I had endless diamonds" then telling the dev to fix it. I don't know, and I can go on for days from all the stuff I read, but I will just leave it there.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I know what OP in this term is, but thank you for explaining it a lot better than I understood it. I just don't understand why (a very small number of players) have to use it to the point that mod developers go nuts to say the least. EE2 was a great mod, but died partly because of a small group flaming the fourms with the same complaint,"It is to OP, in 30 mins I had five quarry's going into the condenser and I had endless diamonds" then telling the dev to fix it. I don't know, and I can go on for days from all the stuff I read, but I will just leave it there.

I blame direwolf in part. Or at least any of the name brand streamers and youtubers.
If only for showing them how it can be done and done quickly. Because of it no one had to plan or figure things out for them selves. That cause them a lot of the challenge.
Other factors are since they destined there series as tutorials the proses, the getting from A to Z as quickly as possible became the norm and the "right way" to play?

Fortunately in this latest dire wolf series likely inspired by the fantastic base designs some of the forge crafters have made dire has started actually building things and considering the atheistic of his works. And I think that seems to be having a like effect of players and devs a like.

And the pack ME^4 is also likely going to have an even greater effect because it's a pack that demands that you play it cheaty. Though only as cheaty as you want.
Because if you try to play it strait you will not even be able to get through the first half of the map.
It forces you to think flexabaly and ignore the rules as you have come to know them. And that will have a profound effect on manyt players as they realize that they enjoy not taking every thing seriously.

marcmagus

Jul 29, 2019
Enjoying the pack so far, but I have a HQM quest submission bug:

In the quest "Hood" under "Liberty", on the second task, I have made a Mainspring and upgraded it once, but it was not detected by the quest book, either before crafting or after upgrading (surrounded with copper ingots). If it has to be upgraded to a specific Tension there's nothing in the quest description to suggest as much.

I'm going to cheat past it to continue, but I wanted to note the problem.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

Xapd0

Jul 29, 2019
Me i have a problem when i place the realize dimension tab in the dimension builder i see them complete to 100 % i left the inventory to go into the dialiing device and when i select my world i can't click on Dial i wait 10 minute and it's not moving . PLS help me i want to play !!

Scuse me for my english,im canadian from quebec and my main language is French.

neronix09

Jul 29, 2019
WOuldn't that defeat the entire point of the progression of this pack?
I haven't gotten far enough where ProjectE was mentioned in the quest book at all. I was just looking forward to playing around with EMC because I miss EE2, then suddenly the recipes changed. Now I have to play through TC before I can even start ProjectE.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Me i have a problem when i place the realize dimension tab in the dimension builder i see them complete to 100 % i left the inventory to go into the dialiing device and when i select my world i can't click on Dial i wait 10 minute and it's not moving . PLS help me i want to play !!

Scuse me for my english,im canadian from quebec and my main language is French.

You also need to select the tp pad you want to use.
There is a sepperate listing for that in the dialer.
There is currently only one but you could have several.