What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Found something really, REALLY neat whilst browsing Google Play this morning, a little thing called AIDE. Basically, its an Android IDE that you can use, get this, on your Android device itself, like, actually writing code and shit on your phone. I haven't got that deep into it, but it claims that its got a visual editor for GUIs and can do either Java for Android, or C++ for console applications. I am positively floored, you guys.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
I found a new way to mine
2016-04-04_21.57.21.png
The block in the middle was the explosive, currently it stores all the blocks the explosion destroyed and can be remade into an explosion relative cheaply.
That being said, if you can make on of these things you are already at a point that you don't need it anymore.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
For those who are wondering its an antimatter bomb from inductive automation.
Did I mention it can break bedrock? (and yes, you also get that. You also get water and lava in item form)

Reactions: malicious_bloke

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
So like, how does one make it. Am I getting a nice "particle accelerator"-y vibe?

*puppydog eyes*
Don't know the recipe out of my head, I know it requires bedrock though.
However this to create the block that stores the items, after that its 4 tnt + 4 gunpowder or so to make it able to explode again and you have to fill it with antimatter. The more antimatter the bigger the explosion.
The anti matter is thus the only thing that is hard to get to let it explode multiple times however if you where able to make one explosion like that I doubt you are hurting for me and if you where you can probably increase your anti matter production right now :p

Also, as far as I understand the creation of anti matter is entirely automatic thus at worst case you just need to afk a long time :p
For those that are intrested here is the manual of the mod https://github.com/CD4017BE/InductiveAutomation/blob/master/doc/manual/InductiveAutomationManual.pdf (yes, it is 35 pages long without crafting recipes. deal with it)
and here is the curse page http://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/inductive-automation

Reactions: malicious_bloke

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
I was really scratching my head trying to find 'Shiny Ingots' to make enderium (or something similar).

Discovered that FERROUS ORE is very important!

I'm in the FTB Infinity Evolved pack, with expert mode enabled (not sure if this changes the recipes
I'm referring to here).

I now no longer auto crush/smelt this ore.

Anyway I discovered (via poking around in NEI) that you can smelt Ferrous ore with Cinnabar or
Nickel ore with Cinnabar in an Induction Smelter and you get a 100% chance of getting one
Shiny Ingot with your Ferrous Ingots.

Sweet, but now i'm trying to find Cinnabar.

Anyway, some more poking around and I discover that you can actually make Cinnabar.

> Silk Touch Redstone Ore and pulverize is in an TE Pulverizer for a 50% chance of Cinnabar.

But I discovered that using a TE Fluid Transposer with Gelid Cryotheum and using that to 'fill'
a block of Cinnabar ore will gurantee you a Cinnabar!

So I had to work out how to make Gelid Cryotheum...turned out it's not too hard.

> Simply make 1 unit of Cryotheum dust and melt it in a magma crucible!

To make the Cryotheum dust I had to delve into NEI again..

It needed me to mix 1 snowball, 1 of (saltpetre or niter), 1 electrotine and 1 Blizz Powder.

Had heaps of everything except Blizz Powder..so back into NEI again.

> Melt Redstone into Magma Crucible
> Fill a snowball with Fluid Transposer with said Destabalized Redstone

So, did all that.. and made a TON of shiny ingots!

It's a bit longwinded, but it got the job done, I hope this is of some help to people as when I started googling
shiny ingots I found lots of stories of people searching for hours in the Nether for Nether Platinum or having
to grind up massive quantities of ore.

So, that's what I discovered today :)

-Wuffle

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I was really scratching my head trying to find 'Shiny Ingots' to make enderium (or something similar).

Discovered that FERROUS ORE is very important!

I'm in the FTB Infinity Evolved pack, with expert mode enabled (not sure if this changes the recipes
I'm referring to here).

I now no longer auto crush/smelt this ore.

Anyway I discovered (via poking around in NEI) that you can smelt Ferrous ore with Cinnabar or
Nickel ore with Cinnabar in an Induction Smelter and you get a 100% chance of getting one
Shiny Ingot with your Ferrous Ingots.

Sweet, but now i'm trying to find Cinnabar.

Anyway, some more poking around and I discover that you can actually make Cinnabar.

> Silk Touch Redstone Ore and pulverize is in an TE Pulverizer for a 50% chance of Cinnabar.

But I discovered that using a TE Fluid Transposer with Gelid Cryotheum and using that to 'fill'
a block of Cinnabar ore will gurantee you a Cinnabar!

So I had to work out how to make Gelid Cryotheum...turned out it's not too hard.

> Simply make 1 unit of Cryotheum dust and melt it in a magma crucible!

To make the Cryotheum dust I had to delve into NEI again..

It needed me to mix 1 snowball, 1 of (saltpetre or niter), 1 electrotine and 1 Blizz Powder.

Had heaps of everything except Blizz Powder..so back into NEI again.

> Melt Redstone into Magma Crucible
> Fill a snowball with Fluid Transposer with said Destabalized Redstone

So, did all that.. and made a TON of shiny ingots!

It's a bit longwinded, but it got the job done, I hope this is of some help to people as when I started googling
shiny ingots I found lots of stories of people searching for hours in the Nether for Nether Platinum or having
to grind up massive quantities of ore.

So, that's what I discovered today :)

-Wuffle
Good find for you sir :)

This is actually how most people stockpile shiny ingots: ferrous + cinnabar, cinnabar coming from redstone. But your tips on maximizing cinnabar are probably good-to-knows. Happy crafting :)

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
All very sensible and clever ways to make shiny ingots.

Personally, platinum bees do the trick for me. Oh and Gelid bees are a great way to make cryotheum. Initially I made them to fill up my BigReactor with coolant but now i have so much i need a DSU to store it in :)

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
All very sensible and clever ways to make shiny ingots.

Personally, platinum bees do the trick for me. Oh and Gelid bees are a great way to make cryotheum. Initially I made them to fill up my BigReactor with coolant but now i have so much i need a DSU to store it in :)

I have ALWAYS wanted to get into bees! But I can't find any decent tutorials, can you recommend any?

-Wuffle

Double-D

Jul 29, 2019
Its not a tutorial, but I'm currently playing through the third party pack "Bee Happy" and find it very helpful in learning about bees. Also, NEI is your friend.

Fraction2

Jul 29, 2019
Logistics pipes: TE Power Providers + warp itemducts allow the transit time to be significantly reduced in large bases.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
LP is compatible with ducts, warp ducts are a type of duct, ergo LP is compatible with warp ducts.
Didn't know LP was compatible with ducts, thought only BC pipes.

Well now I know what to use as a transport system for IE:E Skyblock....

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Another thing about using ducts for LP connectors, you don't need the traditional junction basic pipes, junctions in ducts work just fine. However there seems to be a limit as to how many LP links will function for one group of ducts. I'm not sure how this interacts with power flow though.

Reactions: Fraction2