What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
BuildCraft Gates is your answer. Have one detect machine inventory and another emit Redstone signal to stop the incoming material.

Your solution is complicated by an extreme lack of buildcraft in my pack. I haven't tested the vanilla comparator yet, but if I really can just pipe in from the top, there is no problem.

I still think that as slow as the rock crusher is, it should be processing 9 items at a time, the way the steam oven does.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
You can put an ender pouch inside itself.

LOL!
Pretty sure there was a measure in place to prevent putting any Ender Pouches into other Ender Pouches in the past, but also noticed this recently. I assumed it was because the Ender Pouches I was playing with had been tweaked and was no longer recognised properly by the blacklist filter.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Pretty sure there was a measure in place to prevent putting any Ender Pouches into other Ender Pouches in the past, but also noticed this recently. I assumed it was because the Ender Pouches I was playing with had been tweaked and was no longer recognised properly by the blacklist filter.
That's Golden Bag of Holding behavior iirc. You can retreive an Ender Pouch that has been placed in itself via another matching ender chest or pouch.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Yeah, most bags prevent you from putting them inside themselves (usually by either closing the GUI if you pick up the bag, of by making the bag impossible to pick up in the first place), but as far as I know, enderpouches and the bags in EE2 and ProjectE have never had that restriction. Precisely because you can retrieve them by crafting another bag of the same color/frequency.

Also worth noting that you can't put a TE Strongbox inside another Strongbox (like you can't put non-smeltables in an EnderIO smelter), but you can put a Strongbox in a bag in a Strongbox. A little quirk I found while playing Pathfinder.

Linda Hartlen

Jul 29, 2019
OK i feel like an idiot, fiddling around with my nether base in Monster (yes I am still that far behind) removing some of the cobble I used as scaffolding with my IC2 drill and suddenly a torch was on the wall. I was like.. wtf? My torches are not close to my drill? Then I figured it out, right clicking with the drill places a torch... why did I only NOW figure this out?!

On an unrelated note, I think I will now marry this drill. ^^

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
OK i feel like an idiot, fiddling around with my nether base in Monster (yes I am still that far behind) removing some of the cobble I used as scaffolding with my IC2 drill and suddenly a torch was on the wall. I was like.. wtf? My torches are not close to my drill? Then I figured it out, right clicking with the drill places a torch... why did I only NOW figure this out?!

On an unrelated note, I think I will now marry this drill. ^^
I think you mean the Gravisuite Advanced Diamond drill, right? Pretty sure the normal IC2 drills don't have that feature.

And yes, the Gravisuite Advanced Diamond drill is absolutely amazing! Throw away your pickaxes, shovels, hammers and excavators.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Dont have gravisuite in my pack so nope. IC2 experimental also has the torch function :)
Oh, right. It was mindbogglingly left out of Monster yeah. I added it in myself.

Don't think I have tried the normal drill since 1.4.7 tbh. Not when the Gravisuite drill have such amazing upgrades ;)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Oh, right. It was mindbogglingly left out of Monster yeah. I added it in myself.

Don't think I have tried the normal drill since 1.4.7 tbh. Not when the Gravisuite drill have such amazing upgrades ;)
Gravisuite version can be enchanted. I was shocked to find that out considering its so beefcase w/o enchantments.

downside: its prone to producing ghostblocks, especially on servers :( (client/server desync of some sort)

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Gravisuite version can be enchanted. I was shocked to find that out considering its so beefcase w/o enchantments.

downside: its prone to producing ghostblocks, especially on servers :( (client/server desync of some sort)
Are you sure its the drill that is causing it? I have experienced this happening pretty much all the time when using any sort of item that increases the players block placement/breaking range and then using any fast tool.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Are you sure its the drill that is causing it? I have experienced this happening pretty much all the time when using any sort of item that increases the players block placement/breaking range and then using any fast tool.
"Cause" is an interesting word, but I'll just say that literally 99.99% of all ghostblocks I've seen have been generated when I've used this tool specifically. None with a fast tico hammer, none with a TC excavating shovel that I can recall, none with an enchanted pick of destruction.

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
I discovered in FTB Infinity evolved (hard mode) that you can make EndStone!

Never knew that until today when I was trying to make a Resonant Energy Cell.

You need:

4 x Sand (or 1 x sandstone)
1 x Ender Pearl
1 x T.E Magma Crucible
1 x T.E Fluid Transposer

Setup:
Have the output of the Magma Crucible go into the Fluid Transposer,
to do this you'll need to place them adjacent to each other and adjust
interfaces accordingly.

Steps:

> Make one block of sandstone by crafting 2 x 2 sand (if you don't have 1 x sandstone handy)
> Place the sandstone block into the T.E Fluid Transposer and set machine to fill mode
> Place 1 x Ender Pearl into the T.E Magma Crucible

After a few moments, the T.E Fluid Transposer will recieve 1000mb of melted enderpearl, which will 'Fill' the block of Sandstone.

You now have one block of manufactured EndStone!

-Wuffle

Last edited:

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Not sure on expert mode, but you can do this with the TiCo Smeltery as well. Put your sandstone in the casting basin, melt a pearl and pour it onto/into the sandstone.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
There is such thing as "Liquid/Molten Enderpearls." Two mods come to mind; ChromatiCraft adds Ender Forests that usually has pools of it, and some other mod that adds Ender Dust as a ore drop. Both are OreDict'd to Resonant by default.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Not sure on expert mode, but you can do this with the TiCo Smeltery as well. Put your sandstone in the casting basin, melt a pearl and pour it onto/into the sandstone.
Yes and if you are short on Ender Pearls, you can get 5 times as many End Stone per Pearl by using Obsidian instead of Sandstone. (also do not know if this works in Infinity HM).

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Yes and if you are short on Ender Pearls, you can get 5 times as many End Stone per Pearl by using Obsidian instead of Sandstone. (also do not know if this works in Infinity HM).

Obsidian? Now this I didn't know....