The Ultimate Tinkers Construct Tools

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
Pickaxe: Cobalt head, thaumium binding, ardite rod.
Paper binding, thaumium rod -> gives you 1 additional modifier, which gives more mining Speed (with redstone) than the stonebound with 1 durablity left.

---
oookay, quoting on phone doesn't work that well I guess haha

Last edited:

JoeDolca

Jul 29, 2019
Pickaxe: Cobalt head, thaumium binding, ardite rod.
Something I use for killing withers, is a full thaumiun cleaver, with max lapis. This lets you get a whole bunch of lapis on it, for looting. Plus, cleaver has beheading. So very nice.
If you are going to use thamium in the binding of all things you might as well use paper. The binding passes nothing onto the pickaxe but the special attribute which is the same for both and paper is a lot less expensive.

Lapis takes up only one modifier regardless of how much you put in, full thaumium would get you more of other modifiers but it's not necessary to add more lapis as you can reach maximum looting on one modifier slot.

null123

Mar 27, 2014
If you are going to use thamium in the binding of all things you might as well use paper. The binding passes nothing onto the pickaxe but the special attribute which is the same for both and paper is a lot less expensive.

Lapis takes up only one modifier regardless of how much you put in, full thaumium would get you more of other modifiers but it's not necessary to add more lapis as you can reach maximum looting on one modifier slot.
A. I know paper is cheaper, I just like using thaumium, because thaumcraft xD Also, seems a teense more legit than paper -_-
B. When I put all the lapis on, if I fill up say, 2 slots, its going to be more looting that 1... -_-
Unless Im being an idiot, or there is some mechanic I dont know about (most likely there 2 xD)

Albeleo

Jul 29, 2019
A. I know paper is cheaper, I just like using thaumium, because thaumcraft xD Also, seems a teense more legit than paper -_-
B. When I put all the lapis on, if I fill up say, 2 slots, its going to be more looting that 1... -_-
Unless Im being an idiot, or there is some mechanic I dont know about (most likely there 2 xD)

1. Unless thaumium has recently changed, there is no benefit to doing more than one piece as thaumium. Last I checked the "thaumic" bonus only gets you one bonus modifier total, no matter how many parts of the tool are made from thaumium. Unlike "writable", which gives one bonus modifier for each paper part.

2. You cannot do more than one slot of lapis. You can only do one slot, which will give you "lucky", and can put a max of 450 lapis into that slot to get Fortune III/Looting III. Once you've maxed out on 450 lapis, you can't add more even if you have more modifier slots open. 450/1 modifier is the max for lapis.

The Skeptical Tech

Jul 29, 2019
So I added in metallurgy and ExtraTIC to my setup, and I just found a new favorite setup.

Pickaxe head / sword blade / whatever else that does the mining/fighting: Tartarite.

Everything else paper. Add diamond + gold block + nether star + leadstone energy cell. Charge up.

Enjoy the stupid amount of modifiers and the OP pick / sword.

I have a tartarite rapier with looting III, leadstone cell, and the rest topped up with quartz. Every mob except the wither and the enderdragon is a two hit kill regardless of how much armor they are wearing. And since you can do damage as fast as you can click, they die in under 1 second.

I had a stand up fight with the wither with my friend (with his tartarite cleaver XD). Using morph flight, I was able to tear him apart with the sword. With only melee weapons (in the nether no less) we beat him in about 30 seconds.

We are working on getting tartarite picks.

Next up will be a tartarite hammer, which should be quite entertaining.

null123

Mar 27, 2014
1. Unless thaumium has recently changed, there is no benefit to doing more than one piece as thaumium. Last I checked the "thaumic" bonus only gets you one bonus modifier total, no matter how many parts of the tool are made from thaumium. Unlike "writable", which gives one bonus modifier for each paper part.

2. You cannot do more than one slot of lapis. You can only do one slot, which will give you "lucky", and can put a max of 450 lapis into that slot to get Fortune III/Looting III. Once you've maxed out on 450 lapis, you can't add more even if you have more modifier slots open. 450/1 modifier is the max for lapis.
1. Really? I was certain it was the other way around.
2. Ty for correcting me on that.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Hmm thaumium, I'd forgotten about that.

My standard setup atm is Manyullyn handle, cobalt head, paper and obsidian for other parts.
Except for swords where it's manyullyn handle/manyullyn blade

Then moss/redstone/lapis for tools (with diamond/gold block for the extra level)
And moss/quartz/lapis for weapons.

BTW can thaumium be melted in a smeltery in 1.6+ packs? It didn't work in unleashed, but that was the last time I tried it

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Because it's a metal ingot and it's just a bit weird to use it in a part builder instead of smelting it like every other metal?

Or maybe that's just me :p

Ahmed Ibrahim

Jul 29, 2019
Pickaxe - Cobalt Head(Cobalt is the fastest, Ardite has better durabilty), Paper Binding, Thaumimun Tool Rod
(Paper and Thaumimum items each add an extra modifer)
Modifers- For me, I have 1 ball of moss, Silky Jewel, and 200 redstone, plus gold block and diamond. I didn't add a nether star or diamond block with Notch Apple
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shovel - Cobalt Head, Thaumimum Tool Rod
(DON'T use a paper tool rod. It'll have less durabilty)
Modifers - 250 redstone, and ball of moss. Again, only gold block and diamond.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sword - (I like the look of longswords, and their pretty strong) Maynulinn Sword Blade, Paper Binding, Thaumumim Tool Rod
Modifers -(I think) 214 Quartz, ball of moss(Planing on adding looting[Again, only gold block and diamond])

null123

Mar 27, 2014
Pickaxe - Cobalt Head(Cobalt is the fastest, Ardite has better durabilty), Paper Binding, Thaumimun Tool Rod
Modifers- For me, I have 1 ball of moss, Silky Jewel, and 200 redstone, plus gold block and diamond. I didn't add a nether star or diamond block with Notch Apple
Sword - (I like the look of longswords, and their pretty strong) Maynulinn Sword Blade, Paper Binding, Thaumumim Tool Rod
Modifers -(I think) 214 Quartz, ball of moss(Planing on adding looting[Again, only gold block and diamond])
@ThatOneSlowking You know what to do.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
image.jpg

@ThatOneSlowking You know what to do.
You rang?

Reactions: Dezz

PIELIKEI

Jul 29, 2019
I think picks have been covered.
For weaponry I generally carry 2 from TiCo:
Arrow: Manyullyn Head, Paper shaft, Anything fletching. All Quartz
Because, what durability? I do 26 damage per hit, can crit up to 40. Decent attack speed. Also I get 3 more to share!

Scythe: Paper blade, paper guard, paper handle, paper handle. 1 moss, All Necrotics.
Because, lets be honest, I heal about half my hp every hit (without canisters)... per enemy I hit. I'm not going to need durability because I'm not going to spam click it.

EDIT: This is without Thaum.
EDIT 2: Don't shoot the arrow, melee with it... Use legia bow for ranged

Last edited:
Reactions: namiasdf

Dezz

Jul 13, 2013
I think picks have been covered.
For weaponry I generally carry 2 from TiCo:
Arrow: Manyullyn Head, Paper shaft, Anything fletching. All Quartz
Because, what durability? I do 26 damage per hit, can crit up to 40. Decent attack speed. Also I get 3 more to share!

Scythe: Paper blade, paper guard, paper handle, paper handle. 1 moss, All Necrotics.
Because, lets be honest, I heal about half my hp every hit (without canisters)... per enemy I hit. I'm not going to need durability because I'm not going to spam click it.

EDIT: This is without Thaum.
EDIT 2: Don't shoot the arrow, melee with it... Use legia bow for ranged

I was quite confused why you didn't have a bow hahahaha.

Do they still lag the client?