The Ultimate Tinkers Construct Tools

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

frederic

Jul 29, 2019
-snip-
electric is going away and never was properly implemented you can thank greg for it going away so don't even reportit since it's never getting fixed

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
i`ve been messing with obsidian plates as modifier and figured out that Tier 2 tool can be made unbreakable if 2 parts made out of paper, 1 of obsidian and 1 of your choice. Mods: dia+gold, nether star and 7 obsidium plates.
It's kinda cool that it's there but also pointless, because stats on tool sux.

Note: cobalt hammer head and obsidian plate(other paper)= hammer with speed 6,66 %)

DamagePlan

Jul 29, 2019
I made this yesterday, in the case when you've Tinker's installed with Thaumcraft, and if you've Tinker's, Thaumcraft and Thermal installed

FjjMPW7.png
Looking at this chart I have a few questions. Using the best pick listed as reference.
1 - Is that first modifier one of the new TE batteries for electric? Why is that better than moss in your opinion?
2 - What is that third modifier?

Looking at the cleaver, are both rods and the plate thaumium? Does this add 3 modifiers? What about paper?

matpower123

Jul 29, 2019
Looking at this chart I have a few questions. Using the best pick listed as reference.
1 - Is that first modifier one of the new TE batteries for electric? Why is that better than moss in your opinion?
2 - What is that third modifier?

Looking at the cleaver, are both rods and the plate thaumium? Does this add 3 modifiers? What about paper?
1 - Moss is slow as heck, power is easy to get + MPS can fuel it with RF.
2 - Lava Crystal from TiCo, smelt mined blocks.

It needs to have the main part(Cleaver Blade Part) made of Thaumic to get the extra modifier iirc.

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
Might want to change those. Last I remember, Thaumium only gave you one extra slot, no matter how many parts were made from it.
If both plates and the rod (for the hammer) are made out of thaumium you get 5 modifiers instead of 3

Reactions: RedBoss

Odovbold

Jul 29, 2019
-snip-
electric is going away and never was properly implemented you can thank greg for it going away so don't even reportit since it's never getting fixed
Just the IC2 batteries gone, TE capacitors/cells will still be there.

TheBaconator

Jul 29, 2019
it's one of thrm another one is the entire ic2 team not being cooperative
Or it's mDiyo not being cooperative, seeing how he loves to overreact. (Not trying to start a flame war. If someone can be single minded, I think another should be too)

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019

perfectly answered by mat. and yes, both the handles as the place are thaumium. if I'd have to use paper aswell it's drastically decrease the durability and strength. now it does have a moss/electric modifier to deal with the durability, but I'm also accounting for the situation you don't immediatly have acess to these modifiers.

bingpong.

Wouldn't it make sense to swap all those stone parts out for Ardite?

at first, yes, you'd think that. but I'm someone who does not like to waste alot of resources on repairing tools, so I've chosen to use stone as the main component, as stone is incredibly easy and cheap to get. if your tool breaks, just plunk down a tool station, throw in the tool with some cobble, and voila, it's repaired.

please do note, that chart is not meant to be the most efficient way of making tools, it's my preference of making tools.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
please do note, that chart is not meant to be the most efficient way of making tools, it's my preference of making tools.
when it comes to cleavers your preferences are a bit weird, i have to say. since you`re using RF mod for you cobalt cleaver why use thaumic plate and 2 rods? you can change 1 rod to paper and plate to cobalt or that purple stuff, and as result you have same number of mod slots but without damage loss from plate.

i personally used mana blade and plate with paper and thaumic rod and went with 1 moss instead of RF.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
when it comes to cleavers your preferences are a bit weird, i have to say. since you`re using RF mod for you cobalt cleaver why use thaumic plate and 2 rods? you can change 1 rod to paper and plate to cobalt or that purple stuff, and as result you have same number of mod slots but without damage loss from plate.

i personally used mana blade and plate with paper and thaumic rod and went with 1 moss instead of RF.

I blame that on my OCD, I made everything else with that combo, I can't change that now for the cleaver

TheAwesomater

Jul 29, 2019
Just a question, but why do wooden tool rods give better durability when combined with stone? Surely stone is better.