The Ultimate Tinkers Construct Tools

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Renton Terrace

Jul 29, 2019
when I use Iguana Tweaks for TiCo I turn random modifiers off and make it so you get free slots and some starting ones too

ApexPredator

Jul 29, 2019
Because I see many good setups for tools (my toolset is almost exactly the same as Lambert's), I'm just going to add my weapons.
Longsword (General PvE)
Scythe (Crop Harvesting, Jungle Clearing) - Obsidian blade, rest paper. Stack Reinforced Trait until it's Unbreakable, then add Fortune III (Lapis) and Auto-Smelt.
This is handy for Witchery, if you smelt saplings it gives you Wood Ash, which can be used to prepare various brews/ingredients.
Scythe (Dungeon/Exploration, Mass Manual Farming) - Manyullyn blade, rest paper. Add three levels of Sharpness, Luck, Beheading and Auto-Repair.
Rapier (For the sake of having a rapier, I don't play with Mekanism) - Manyullyn blade, paper guard, blue slime rod. Auto-Repair, Sharpness, and Luck.
Cleaver (Wither Building) - Manyullyn blade, rest paper. Stack up to Beheading VIII, meaning 100% head drop chance. Although Beheading VII and Looting III is practically equivalent in head drops, but much more functional in other uses.
Cutlass (Wither Killing) - Manyullyn blade, paper guard and rod. One ball of moss and the rest Smite (Consecrated Dirt, harming undead).
Dagger (Purely for variety) - Steel blade, paper guard, cactus rod. Call it "Death From Afar" and add 50 blocks of lapis (450 total shards), then stack quartz for the rest.

ApexPredator

Jul 29, 2019
I only added it for the people that recently found this thread and decided to read through it. This thread was the reason I decided to make a FTB forum account in the first place, normally I would be happy with viewing other people's opinions.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Don't forget that in the infinity pack, you can use draconium and awakened draconium for making tools and things. Just for fun, I make an awakened draconium rapier that has looting, life steal, electric and still does enough damage to 1-shot a witch.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
With the multitude of mods adding their own liquid metals(or just extratico). It's a little difficult to discuss this topic now. Some one might suggest a cleaver with a Tartarite blade, with a signalium plate, an electrical steel handle and the other being platinum.
People without those mods would be like "whaaa?".

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

ApexPredator

Jul 29, 2019
Well, you're correct in assuming so, because I didn't understand anything. I know tartarite has the most damage/durability, and electrum the fastest mining speed, and shadow iron/steel has Weakness I/II respectively, but since my laptop can' handle FTB mods, aah well. I need a new desktop.

Sent from my tablet using my hands, and my hands only

mathchamp

Jul 29, 2019
Don't forget that in the infinity pack, you can use draconium and awakened draconium for making tools and things. Just for fun, I make an awakened draconium rapier that has looting, life steal, electric and still does enough damage to 1-shot a witch.

Draconium is decent, but my favourite is Enderium for tools and weapons and Signalum for (cross)bows. Both have quite ridiculous stats for the respective uses (25 23 mining speed on Enderium tools, 8 hearts base damage on Enderium weapons, and especially max firing rate and very high arrow speed for Signalum bows). Durability for both is decent.

Signalum crossbow + Enderium bolts is effectively the machine gun bow from Minecraft Alpha but with 50 times more damage and way more range.

I don't even know what upgrades to stick on the crossbow besides looting and moss since even when using flamestring it has max speed without redstone.

Last edited:

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
I don't even know what upgrades to stick on the crossbow besides looting and moss since even when using flamestring it has max speed without redstone.
Looting maybe? Though maybe it has to be applied to the bolts instead, I'm not sure.

mathchamp

Jul 29, 2019
Looting maybe? Though maybe it has to be applied to the bolts instead, I'm not sure.

Already mentioned looting in my post.

The only other things I could think of that could be at least reasonably useful might be pistons so that if a mob comes in melee range you just boot them back far away from you :p.

null123

Mar 27, 2014
Draconium is decent, but my favourite is Enderium for tools and weapons and Signalum for (cross)bows. Both have quite ridiculous stats for the respective uses (25 mining speed on Enderium tools, 8 hearts base damage on Enderium weapons, and especially max firing rate and very high arrow speed for Signalum bows). Durability for both is decent.

Signalum crossbow + Enderium bolts is effectively the machine gun bow from Minecraft Alpha but with 50 times more damage and way more range.

Draconium has better stats than Enderium and signalum.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Already mentioned looting in my post.

The only other things I could think of that could be at least reasonably useful might be pistons so that if a mob comes in melee range you just boot them back far away from you :p.
Flame maybe? For a little extra damage over time. Can it take smite/bane of arthopods?

EDIT: Just tested it, crossbows CAN take smite, bane of arthropods and necrotic, though I don't know if they only affect hitting with the crossbow or if they affect the bolts as well. Given that crossbows can also accept sharpness I'm guessing its the latter.

Last edited:

mathchamp

Jul 29, 2019
Draconium has better stats than Enderium and signalum.

Maybe Draconium got buffed since the version on which I crafted my tools. Or maybe it depends on the pack. I'll have to check the stats, but when I checked through the tooltips it displayed the best attributes on enderium and signalum. Unless the Draconium ones have some secondary effects that aren't reflected by the tooltips. Checking now (Infinity 1.7.0)...

The only stat I can see that's definitely better is the durability for Awakened Draconium, and the stats of Draconium for ranged weapons is mediocre. For tools and melee weapons, Enderium is more effective (mining speed and attack damage) but Awakened Draconium has much better durability, so I'd pick the latter if I wanted the item to last a really long time without repair. For ranged weapons I wouldn't bother with Draconium.

Draconium also has a better mining level (10) than Enderium (8), but I don't know of anything that requires a higher level than 5 (assuming that "Stone" tier is 0).

Does your pack have different stats for Draconium, Enderium, and Signalum?

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Oh wow... Enderium does have higher damage than awakened draconium. I never knew that. Oh well, its not like I need the draconium anyway :p

null123

Mar 27, 2014
Maybe Draconium got buffed since the version on which I crafted my tools. Or maybe it depends on the pack. I'll have to check the stats, but when I checked through the tooltips it displayed the best attributes on enderium and signalum. Unless the Draconium ones have some secondary effects that aren't reflected by the tooltips. Checking now (Infinity 1.7.0)...

The only stat I can see that's definitely better is the durability for Awakened Draconium, and the stats of Draconium for ranged weapons is mediocre. For tools and melee weapons, Enderium is more effective (mining speed and attack damage) but Awakened Draconium has much better durability, so I'd pick the latter if I wanted the item to last a really long time without repair. For ranged weapons I wouldn't bother with Draconium.

Draconium also has a better mining level (10) than Enderium (8), but I don't know of anything that requires a higher level than 5 (assuming that "Stone" tier is 0).

Does your pack have different stats for Draconium, Enderium, and Signalum?
No, just standard infinity. Odd. I'll check when I'm done with school.

Boboss70

Jul 29, 2019
Did anyone play with the Tinker's Construct chisel? I can't seem to be able to use it as the vanilla Minecraft one. If it works, did you use a specific material?

Last edited: