The staff on these forums are awesome!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Are the staff good?!

• Total voters

xXDark_FireXx

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, What i've got to say is, One no the post might get back on track soon... And yes i appreciate everything the staff has done, Like, Without the staff this place would of gone to the dump. Because all these people are Great at their job and don't even get payed, I respect that a lot. And IDave_The_Rave... Your only a new member, You haven't been here as long as the other people, So i suggest being a little more active before saying the staff isn't that great, No hat ein people with lower titles, I'm only saying you haven't been on as much as other people. And how many staff have you even talked to/Seen their posts? But anyway, I appreciate all the things the staff has done, I are not tying to force everybody to love them but i'm just wondering to who does and saying i do <3 :p

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, What i've got to say is, One no the post might get back on track soon... And yes i appreciate everything the staff has done, Like, Without the staff this place would of gone to the dump. Because all these people are Great at their job and don't even get payed, I respect that a lot. And IDave_The_Rave... Your only a new member, You haven't been here as long as the other people, So i suggest being a little more active before saying the staff isn't that great, No hat ein people with lower titles, I'm only saying you haven't been on as much as other people. And how many staff have you even talked to/Seen their posts? But anyway, I appreciate all the things the staff has done, I are not tying to force everybody to love them but i'm just wondering to who does and saying i do <3 :p
Actually, he might have been around, but just haven't posted and stuff. The member rating depends on trophies which revolve around received likes or number of posts. I just hope that he realizes how awesome the staff are. I've personally found everyone in FTB easily accessible and friendly.

xXDark_FireXx

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, he might have been around, but just haven't posted and stuff. The member rating depends on trophies which revolve around received likes or number of posts. I just hope that he realizes how awesome the staff are. I've personally found everyone in FTB easily accessible and friendly.
I guess so, But damn i highly agree with the last sentence :D

Reactions: MoosyDoosy

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
Is that awesome? I didn't think it was a particularly noteworthy skill. Especially for someone in a position where they can demand that the topic gets back on its original course. Also I think all of the forums I've seen over the years discourage off topic discussions within threads, and I think I've always seen moderators who are able to sway the course of discussion back to in intended topic.
But here the mods don't really restrict the discussion. How are you missing the point...:confused:

xXDark_FireXx

Jul 29, 2019
Just saying guy's but let's keep this clean and no one get's angry cause i feel the staff are keeping a good eye on the conversation in case someone get's mad :p[DOUBLEPOST=1396728082][/DOUBLEPOST]Because when a fight start's it get's worse fast o_O And that a staff should stop try to stop. Being that it's also a rule to not bully or anything like that. and a fight can lead to bullying.

IDave_the_Rave

Jul 29, 2019
IDave_The_Rave... Your only a new member, You haven't been here as long as the other people, So i suggest being a little more active before saying the staff isn't that great, No hat ein people with lower titles, I'm only saying you haven't been on as much as other people. And how many staff have you even talked to/Seen their posts? But anyway, I appreciate all the things the staff has done, I are not tying to force everybody to love them but i'm just wondering to who does and saying i do <3 :p

As MoosyDoosy suggested, I don't post here regularly. I have been a member on these forums for over a year now but I'm more of a lurker. As I (think I) stated earlier I haven't spoken to any of the staff. However I've seen many of their posts. In fact one area in which I think the FTB forum staff shine is in their forum visibility. They seem to post in a larger percentage of threads than I believe I've seen staff do on any other forum. Also I don't think that you are trying to force me to share your opinion, don't worry. This whole discussion arose because I felt the need to defend my opinion after it was questioned. I don't believe there is anything wrong with that, right?

This might just be me coming from a super strict forum past, but the ability to derail a thread for a little while before going back on topic is like a breath of wonderful fresh and beautiful air.

Your point here appears to be that the mods can change the topic of discussion to something else entirely, and then bring the discussion back to the original subject.

Yeah, that's exactly why they're awesome. We, the users, can derail threads, but they do step in if a topic goes extremely off topic for an extremely long amount of time.

Your point here seems to be that the mods can bring discussions back on topic, reinforcing the latter half of your original point.

But here the mods don't really restrict the discussion. How are you missing the point...:confused:

And now your point seems to be something like mods don't bring discussions back on topic? Hopefully this explains how I'm not getting your point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Padfoote

xXDark_FireXx

Jul 29, 2019
As MoosyDoosy suggested, I don't post here regularly. I have been a member on these forums for over a year now but I'm more of a lurker. As I (think I) stated earlier I haven't spoken to any of the staff. However I've seen many of their posts. In fact one area in which I think the FTB forum staff shine is in their forum visibility. They seem to post in a larger percentage of threads than I believe I've seen staff do on any other forum. Also I don't think that you are trying to force me to share your opinion, don't worry. This whole discussion arose because I felt the need to defend my opinion after it was questioned. I don't believe there is anything wrong with that, right?

Your point here appears to be that the mods can change the topic of discussion to something else entirely, and then bring the discussion back to the original subject.

Your point here seems to be that the mods can bring discussions back on topic, reinforcing the latter half of your original point.

And now your point seems to be something like mods don't bring discussions back on topic? Hopefully this explains how I'm not getting your point.

No it's not anything wrong. Oh and sorry i was wrong. Seems you'v been here since first of dec 2012...

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Alright, to try to clear this up since I understand what @MoosyDoosy is saying as well as what @IDave_the_Rave is saying: Moosy is saying that we (the non-staff members of the forum) are able to go off topic in a thread so long as it does not devolve to fighting due to the moderators not trying to squash off topic discussions. As soon as it devolves to fighting and all that, the mods show up and clean everything up. He's not saying that the mods are the ones that bring threads off topic, but rather that we are and aren't being forced to stay on topic all the time. Hope that clears it all up. ;)

Reactions: MoosyDoosy

IDave_the_Rave

Jul 29, 2019
No it's not anything wrong. Oh and sorry i was wrong. Seems you'v been here since first of dec 2012...

No worries, I can totally understand why you made that assumption. Friends/truce? :)

Alright, to try to clear this up since I understand what @MoosyDoosy is saying as well as what @IDave_the_Rave is saying: Moosy is saying that we (the non-staff members of the forum) are able to go off topic in a thread so long as it does not devolve to fighting due to the moderators not trying to squash off topic discussions. As soon as it devolves to fighting and all that, the mods show up and clean everything up. He's not saying that the mods are the ones that bring threads off topic, but rather that we are and aren't being forced to stay on topic all the time. Hope that clears it all up. ;)

Assuming that you have correctly understood what he's saying, yes, that clears things up. However, I still don't think that that is anything particularly noteworthy. Then again, he did mention past experience with strict forums, in which case I can understand why it could be worth mentioning.

xXDark_FireXx

Jul 29, 2019
No worries, I can totally understand why you made that assumption. Friends/truce? :)

Assuming that you have correctly understood what he's saying, yes, that clears things up. However, I still don't think that that is anything particularly noteworthy. Then again, he did mention past experience with strict forums, in which case I can understand why it could be worth mentioning.

Yeah friends :) anyway. Now that we got that sorted... I think...also last forum I joined was form a server and the staff are really strict. Well the new server they are the old one I can't remember much of. But just in my opinion it think the staff are good. And just opinions. :) anyway so I suggest we just keep the thread alive but not conversations like this :p

Thanks padfoote!

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
>be me
> be browsing forums
> sees theead
>wtf.jpg
>some hardcore fighting it seems
>reads in depth
> MFW
image.jpg

Reactions: Padfoote