rhn's continued adventures: a build journal, guide collection etc.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
So about time for a build update:

I keep getting sidetracked because in order to build A I need B, and for B I need C, and for C I need.....
But starting to get a few things sort of polished off a bit and functional.

Starting off with my new ME hub:
k4s8j3W.png

Between the upper and the lower ME drives I have placed a Nuclear Control Advanced Information Panel. I plan to use a Text Card to type in information on what is stored in each drive for quick overview of what is where. Not decided yet if this is going to name each item in each disk(lot of work) or just the theme of the drives.

fRsyYfv.png

The big Silver Block thing with the blue lights is housing my MAC. The little landing leads to 3x Advanced information panels (with yet to be assessed information) and a hidden access hatch to the MAC.

I am kind of in the middle of moving stuff over from the starting ME network(it is all one big network working as one), so atm this place only houses a few stuff.

ZOOEIVA.png

The downstairs is mostly empty atm(except for the automated importing of water to the network), but is planned to house all the autocrafting stuff as well as Quantum rings etc.

Set up a few farms in the second greenhouse:
jjIFRr8.png

Was running out of cactus so set up some MFR farms in the other greenhouse. Only using two of them atm. but will see if I can think of other crops that can benefit from the "warm arid climate" :p. Or probably just something random lol.

pn9sRRb.png

One of my priorities atm. is getting a Big Reactor turbine setup up and running. But kept running out of Enderpearls for Enderium Coils and would also need Blizz Rods for Cryotheum. So before that could be done, I had to get some mob spawning fixed first.

Made two vertically stacked 10x15 Cursed earth farms:
cPnLwZw.png

Other one is on the floor below. Both with MFR grinders and retractable with Drawbridges.

I then made a copy of the same Autospawner setup as in the last world: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...uide-collection-etc.42664/page-10#post-658213

vUZrhvg.png

H5MKN5w.png

Since TPPI uses CC 1.63 I used the method of translating redstone strength to bundled colour signal I posted earlier: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...uide-collection-etc.42664/page-24#post-840501
The Programmable Rednet controller needs to be upgraded to 9 circuits total(Either 3x LX-100 or 1x LX300).

The updated script can be found here:
MFR autospawner script using AE for CC 1.63:
http://pastebin.com/92ZLXrgR
In the code is a description of which signal strength should correspond with which colour.

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Just noticed something on the map:
w6pi7s0.png

I almost built my way through the mountain lol! Less than one more chunk and I would have broken through.

Maybe I should take advantage of this and the nice view over the water on that side :p
msghtuP.png

At least there is possibilities for expansion projects :p

NoPain9

Jul 29, 2019
I am always in awe when I see these builds, they look so good with each other. Very well done. I'm assuming you are playing this on a server right, if not doesn't it lag :p?

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
Amazing! You make everything look so awesome. :eek: It would always lag even if it was on a server since the client side takes care of rendering. It would just be worse if the same computer needed to host a server I guess.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I am always in awe when I see these builds, they look so good with each other. Very well done. I'm assuming you are playing this on a server right, if not doesn't it lag :p?
It would always lag even if it was on a server since the client side takes care of rendering. It would just be worse if the same computer needed to host a server I guess.
I am actually still playing the world in Singleplayer. Keep telling myself I should get a server, but too cheap to actually do it since it still works so well.

As I am the only one building anything I have complete control and can make sure that(hopefully) no screwups are made to degrade the "server" side of it. So the "server" is running really well, and takes up very very few resources compared to rendering indeed.

But as things progress I will no doubt start considering more and more putting it on a server. Also thinking of replacing my PC as it is actually getting a bit old(i7-860, Radeon HD 5850....)

masterzh

Forum Addict
Jan 6, 2013
Slovakia
I am actually still playing the world in Singleplayer. Keep telling myself I should get a server, but too cheap to actually do it since it still works so well.

As I am the only one building anything I have complete control and can make sure that(hopefully) no screwups are made to degrade the "server" side of it. So the "server" is running really well, and takes up very very few resources compared to rendering indeed.

But as things progress I will no doubt start considering more and more putting it on a server. Also thinking of replacing my PC as it is actually getting a bit old(i7-860, Radeon HD 5850....)
Same here. Building alone and the only thing needed is no longer server-only. worldedit
I wasted so much money on useless servers. Bleh

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Same here. Building alone and the only thing needed is no longer server-only. worldedit
I wasted so much money on useless servers. Bleh
Honestly if I am ever to put it on a server, I think I would set up a physical server in my home. Been thinking of getting a NAS for a while, and for the price of an advanced NAS I can almost get a quite decent server instead. And there is a lot more possibilities with a server than a NAS.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Couple of WIP pics to better see stuff before I cover it all up again:
Turbine time:
yIOBG9K.png

ZIMcT8d.png

Going to continue to clean up surroundings, cover up the pits partially with grated flooring, build platforms over pipes and up to turbines, and possibly do something with the power outlets from the turbine(atm they come out hidden under them). So maybe do some kind of power transformer thing or something. Oh and build the overhead crane(you possibly spotted its rails up on the sides).

Also getting tired of having to light up everything or halt work all the time to kill mobs, so setting up to brew potions and make some Magnum Torches is going to be up on the todo list very soon.

masterzh

Forum Addict
Jan 6, 2013
Slovakia
Couple of WIP pics to better see stuff before I cover it all up again:
Turbine time....
Framework is amazing. I like... well almost everything in that room. It show true love/passion of industrial fan. The pits and support pillars, pipes... but what are those things(fat pipes?) in between turbines? They look great but unrecognizable. Only sad thing is that ugly, ugly, ugly turbine from big reactor inside but meh i guess its worth all the features it gives. (not mentioning there is almost no mod alternative in present) For mine i will definitely use reikas turbines but i cant judge usability of these 2 mods until i actually try BR by myself. Oh, and 1 last thing. If you plan to make crane overhead, will there be enough space for it? From above pictures it looks like there will be 1-2 free blocks max, to build crane arm(dunno if thats how its called) until you "hit" framework of turbines. And 2 blocks doesnt give too many build options.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Framework is amazing. I like... well almost everything in that room. It show true love/passion of industrial fan. The pits and support pillars, pipes... but what are those things(fat pipes?) in between turbines? They look great but unrecognizable. Only sad thing is that ugly, ugly, ugly turbine from big reactor inside but meh i guess its worth all the features it gives. (not mentioning there is almost no mod alternative in present) For mine i will definitely use reikas turbines but i cant judge usability of these 2 mods until i actually try BR by myself. Oh, and 1 last thing. If you plan to make crane overhead, will there be enough space for it? From above pictures it looks like there will be 1-2 free blocks max, to build crane arm(dunno if thats how its called) until you "hit" framework of turbines. And 2 blocks doesnt give too many build options.
Tried to base the turbines somewhat on RL designs I found. So there is a high pressure turbine(the small front one), medium pressure and low pressure(that is why they are segmented up in 2 parts). The steam fed to the Medium pressure turbine(the middle segment) expands and therefore needs larger pipes to pass to the low pressure turbine, and from low pressure turbine to condenser(supposed to be the thing in the middle).
Inspiration:
Steam-Turbine-Upgrading-Services.jpg
steam_turbine.gif

And yeah I really dont like the looks of the inside of the BR turbines either. Which is why I have no glass in it showing the actual "whisk" inside it. But I experimented a bit with a few windows at the back end to show the Enderium coil, so that this square part could possible stand in for the generator. Probably going to do something more at that end with connecting power conduits and stuff to make it look a bit more "generator" like.
I could just have build it all without the BR turbines I suppose, or so small ones that they could be completely hidden. But it is very important to me that it is all done in the survival spirit and have a proper function.

Yeah there is only 2 blocks above the rails for the crane. I plan for it to just be a simple I-beam overhead crane, so don't think I will need more space. Something along the lines of:
overhead-crane-operational-safety-Full.jpg

Just scaled up a bit.
But if I need more space up it is not really a problem, I can just shave off one more layer of stone(the far end in the picture with the Chunkloaders have higher ceiling height anyway).

Last edited:
Reactions: masterzh

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Ok I am really stumped about this. Just noticed that both my turbines have started levelling out around 1230RPM instead of 1800RPM for some reason(producing 8k RF/t instead of 19k). And I simply cannot find the reason why. They got plenty of steam. The build should and do and did run at 1800RPM with the settings I have now. It still works just fine in my creative world where I have copies of the exact same turbine and reactor setup.
I have not changed the settings, the setup or anything. I merely built up some stuff around the turbine. Wtf...

Deefster10k

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I don't know how it works myself, but maybe they work better with space around them? What happens if you remove the stuff you built around it?

Also, I just looked through this thread, and I'm loving your builds, they're pretty damn cool.

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
So much work... I wish I had the patience to do this and not just set up an ugly reactor on in a random chunk loaded dessert with tesseracts. :p

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
You're right rhn, max sized turbines are ugly. I love what youve done with them but it seems like a waste to cover up the spinning blade completely. I wish the frame wasnt required, so just the rotor and coils become the multiblock. With some better modeling on the blades and connected textures on the coils, it would look awesome.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
So I am back from a break from Minecraft(the problems with those turbines was getting on my nerves!:mad:) and from christmas at parents.

I am glad to announce that I have indeed figured out what was going on with the Big Reactor turbines. All the Silver and tin blocks close to the turbine was indeed acting like induction coils, and thereby affecting the turbines RPM. But I was getting thrown off greatly in my experimentation earlier by the turbines only updating their coils when you complete the turbine casing structure. This is also why the turbines worked so well for so long while I was building all the Tin blocks, and then got messed up when I moved the Control blocks. :p

So currently in the progress of replacing all the metal blocks surrounding the turbines with Carpenter's Blocks and testing if those applied with the metal blocks will do give the same visuals without acting as coils.
svb7rWW.png