Lets See Some Bases! Give Us a Tour!

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
That's why I try to use seeds that are memorable, so losing the world doesn't matter. If you're interested in a bit of a challenge, Highlands Large Biomes with a seed of Monster starts you in a Monster sized Sandstone Mountains without any wood. Makes it hard to even get out of.

einsteinsci

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, here's my big 1.6.4 project:

I used Direwolf20 1.6.4, with a couple other mods added, like JABBA, Chisel, and Carpenter's Blocks. I don't actually spend much time in the Overworld, since my main base is in a Mystcraft void age. I wanted to go with a spaceship theme, and this is how it turned out.

Full Ship - Front View
HOg79Zl.png

This is my base, in a Mystcraft void age. The ship's design is all my own, though heavily inspired by various sci-fi movies and tv shows. The angles are all from carpenter's blocks, one of the mods I added to this pack. It looks kind of clunky, but I don't think I could do much better.

Full Ship - Rear View
STDJIxS.png

Rear view of the ship. You can see the really cheesy-looking engines, thanks to ProjectRed and OpenBlocks canvas blocks. The beacon beam above is from an actual beacon; the one below is from a laser drill.

Front Room - Middle Deck
rTM1bo2.png

This is where any manual processing occurs. Right inside the door to the left is where my AE system connects to a tiny Logistics Pipes setup so I can access my inventory from anywhere with only a couple of ender pouches. Behind the beacon beam is an assembly table powered by nine lasers above. Most of the other machines are Thermal Expansion, not hooked up to anything but power.

Back Room - Middle Deck
SZD11aF.png

This is where any auto-crafting and on-demand crafting occurs. Right in front is my 5x5x5 "Big M.A.C.", with 18 Crafting CPU's and 9 Pattern Providers. Inside the door to the left and right are TE on-demand processing setups. There are a whole bunch of induction smelters because of a bug with AE on-demand crafting leaving extra ingredients behind in the smelter. In the back are OpenBlocks tanks full of Mob Essence and Liquid XP, with inputs and outputs for each.

Upper Deck
xCdI10I.png

This is where my Thaumcraft stuff happens. I haven't done a lot of crafting with Thaumcraft, mostly just research, so most of the jars are empty.

The Bridge
KtgsKzb.png

A view of the bridge from just outside. Above the entrance is a hard-earned dragon egg. The bridge contains a bunch of Mystcraft portal books to different dimensions. The one in the center, the only one visible, leads to the Overworld.

The Bridge - Left Side
avg1NF2.png

On the wall are two ME Drives, where most of my stuff is stored (the rest are stored in barrels. Next to the ender chest is my connection to drop stuff off. Anything that goes there (such as from an ender pouch) goes back to my inventory. The three books on stands go to an old mob farm dimension (didn't work), a Sky Biome dimension (for endermen), and the Nether. The one on the lectern is the one that goes to the Overworld.

The Bridge - Right Side
10hJJdM.png

On the wall is the ME Controller, as well as a simple access spot, identical to those placed throughout the ship. The ender chest is where I put my tools, so they are easily accessible from an ender pouch. The three books on stands go to my lava age (for lava power), a liquid essence age for Ars Magica 2, and the End. Once again, the lectern leads to the Overworld.

Lower Deck
lLWJzuz.png

A bit of a messy setup for stuff without any place. Yes, I am standing on a 9x9 iron block pyramid for my beacon. On the far left is an alarm that will go off if either of transmitters are destroyed or disabled. The two setups below are for collecting the massive energy from a Nether Star Generator, which is behind the Big M.A.C.

Nether Star Generator Setup - Lower Deck
UUGhOBn.png

This is the setup for the Nether Star Generator, and it is pretty much identical to Direwolf20's in his Season 6 world. One Nether Star is sent in every time the two Resonant Energy Cells in the previous picture are drained.

Right Engine - Front
6eRk9ug.png

This is my mob farm. I have switches for the spawner, grinders, door, lights, fans, drop zone to the smeltery below, and decapitator for wither skeletons. I have to switch out safari nets manually. Opening the door to the farm closes the door to the engine, and vice versa. A sinister aura node converted the biome from Mushroom Island Shore to Eerie, so creepers, spiders, skeletons, and the like can spawn on the cursed earth just as AM2 mobs can.

Right Engine - Back
6P1HMyK.png

This is where I generate all my lava power. The lava comes from a ocean of lava Mystcraft age. I have four Resonant Energy Cells storing energy, one of which does not supply unless I say so. I have a whole bunch of Tesseracts going to and from here.

Left Engine - Front
Z2mWlUV.png

This is my ore processing setup. Ores that are pulverizable go here, and are smelted afterwards if possible. I have to manually process smelt-only ores.

Left Engine - Back
a6cpJyk.png

This is the way I manage to keep a specified amount of certain items in stock. A level emitter points to a precision export bus, which requests the that the item be on-demand crafted until the level emitter goes off. The bus pushes the items back into an interface.

Right Hall - Middle Deck
MPfcgOG.png

A view down the hall to help show where everything is in relation to each other, taken from the front. On the right are the front, and then back, rooms for the middle deck. On the left is the right engine where the mob farm and main power generation are.

Death Trap
TMcQwGy.png

This is where innocent villagers are horribly massacred in a TConstruct smeltery, all in the name of getting more emeralds. A 3x3 hole opens (drawbridges) at the flip of a lever, allowing villagers spawned in the mob farm above to be dropped in and melted.

Wither Farm
zjOWYQh.png

Below the Left Engine is the wither farm, again nearly identical to Direwolf20's setup. The wither spawning is kind of glitchy, so sometimes I have to go in and replace a head myself.

Here's the imgur album where the rest of the images are: https://imgur.com/a/Globh

The link for the full download is below. BE SURE that Carpenter's Blocks, JABBA, and Chisel are installed in addition the the default Direwolf20 1.6.4 mods.
Download

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I setup a similar system to Dire's, but with one important change. The heads were placed by turtles, then teleported into the room via MFFS. Worked better than having MFFS placing them.

einsteinsci

Jul 29, 2019
I setup a similar system to Dire's, but with one important change. The heads were placed by turtles, then teleported into the room via MFFS. Worked better than having MFFS placing them.
I find ComputerCraft to be particularly tedious, and Lua annoys me (being more of a C++/Java person). That's a pretty good idea though, and I might give it a shot.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
So do I, but I when around it. I used the Factorization inserter thing and left the turtles on repeat trying to place down from the first slot. When the timer went off it pulsed the inserter, and they'd then have one thing to place and it'd be teleported. You could probably do the same thing with autonomous activators. I just happened to have a bunch of turtles that I'd used to build a bridge out into the ocean, so...

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
Playing around with 1.7.10 Unstable, I managed to spawn inside a village, & decided I liked taking advantage of the loaded spawn chunks. In 1.7.10 DW20, I couldn't find a village spawn, so I decided to just build my own version of a village. Here's an overview of the progress so far.

10731114_10204276705791143_7746178493961196945_n.jpg

Reactions: fergcraft

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Very cool. What's the big black and blue tower made out of?

That is BluePower's basalt (I've replaced Project Red w/ BP) & Railcraft's frostbound blocks. That's my Thaumcraft tower. It needs to come up & out 1 more level, which I might do with a chisel obsidian block. I'm not familiar enough with all the new mechanics to have an ideal layout yet. Inside, I'm breaking up the black & blue with some Railcraft sandybrick (the tan blocks).

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Ah. Looked kind of like Abyssal stone, but it looks good anyway. I'll have to check out Blue Power.

If for nothing else it is 1 thing to download & update instead of 5, & the volcanos are shaped more like the old RedPower ones, being fat instead of skinny. This basalt is a very dark, mat black & hard to see the edges of. I haven't hit any abyssal stone yet, though I have seen a few outcrops of quarried stone. The regular obsidian looks good with the frostbound, that's what I was using in 1.6.4, but I see plenty of volcanos & started the tower before I had the set up to run an igneous extruder. I've always preferred the abyssal & quarried over the basalt & marbled, but the BluePower versions are, imho, a step up from the ProjectRed & RedPower versions.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I believe that the Tinker's Obsidian Brick looks pretty good with the frost bound as well.

Abyssal is all under the ocean, so if you don't have one of those close it's probably not worth the effort.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
If for nothing else it is 1 thing to download & update instead of 5, & the volcanos are shaped more like the old RedPower ones, being fat instead of skinny. This basalt is a very dark, mat black & hard to see the edges of. I haven't hit any abyssal stone yet, though I have seen a few outcrops of quarried stone. The regular obsidian looks good with the frostbound, that's what I was using in 1.6.4, but I see plenty of volcanos & started the tower before I had the set up to run an igneous extruder. I've always preferred the abyssal & quarried over the basalt & marbled, but the BluePower versions are, imho, a step up from the ProjectRed & RedPower versions.

I just wish the seed bag worked with Magical crops. Nice base btw.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
I need to post some screenys of my base....

Oh wait server got reset nvm

----------------------------------------------------
Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2