Lets See Some Bases! Give Us a Tour!

Tenshi

Jul 29, 2019
Yes. I start on 6 dynamo, but i want to have 28 = +2K RF :)
These ones give energy for machines and farm, reactor give energy for Logistics Pipes system :)

Dereck Napacho

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I don't mean to brag but:
2014-12-20_22.01.33.png

Exacly 3,010 Storage cells in total, 1,210 of them are for liquid storage. This is obliviously overkill, but I love my me storage.

Dereck Napacho

Jul 29, 2019
Actually neither, the ceiling is black dye blocks from dye trees, and the floor is abyssal blocks. I also threw in some gaseous Tenebrae for extra effect.
Looks like I got some competition
All the non fluid cells in there are 16mil. storage cells m8, good luck

Reactions: Skvapter

Dereck Napacho

Jul 29, 2019
sorry, but how do you quote people like that? It's been a while since I posted on the forums and I forgot. Also don't be too impressed by that one room, it's literally the only part of my base that shows my immense wealth asides from the boring machine with the 256x tile accelerator next to it (makes about 4 stacks of raw resources/tick)

Skvapter

Jul 29, 2019
sorry, but how do you quote people like that? It's been a while since I posted on the forums and I forgot. Also don't be too impressed by that one room, it's literally the only part of my base that shows my immense wealth asides from the boring machine with the 256x tile accelerator next to it (makes about 4 stacks of raw resources/tick)

a9f99b9603.png

Mirality

Jul 29, 2019
My DW20-1.7.10 base so far:
I'm using the same world seed as Dire and sort of loosely following his single-player but I'm trying to be "inspired by" rather than copying. And I've set up a basic AE system already because I just can't live without AE now. Channels aren't quite as annoying as I originally feared but they do make you think a lot more about whether something really needs to be hooked up to the system or not. (Of course, it's not as fancy as the posts immediately above! :p)

There's probably nothing too exciting in it for veterans.

Last edited:
Reactions: arthahar

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Being another not spectacularly creative builder, I find that creating buildings that look good tends to be a function of them growing organically from what you're doing. IE: A beautifully done building looks amazing, until you have to try and run cabling, or piping around inside it.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Being another not spectacularly creative builder, I find that creating buildings that look good tends to be a function of them growing organically from what you're doing. IE: A beautifully done building looks amazing, until you have to try and run cabling, or piping around inside it.
Always think ahead to either make sure to design your build with adequate crawlspaces for cabling or make sure your building materials have microblocks + facades available. Preferably a mix of both.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I don't really build for beauty, and even then, I don't mind a little exposed wiring. When I do build something to look nice, I tend to put any machinery in the basement. All hail the carpenter's hatch. :D

Streichkäse

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I am new to this forum. I only signed up to show you the base my brother and me have built. :)

This is our first settlement. We started exploring the world and building our mainbase from here. Machines, storage and everything we need for crafting is placed in a little basement under the building with the IC2 Solar Panels.
VTcLGPB.jpg

In this picture you can see the mountain, on / in which our main base will be built.
BziuEhe.png

The main entrance. Yes, I love microblocks! :p
TWwmTcu.png

After passing through the gate, you reach the entrance hall.
ccilYVb.png

View of the open gate from the inside with signal lamps (green = opened; red = closed).
a4hLRSH.png

The first (top) level. Currently, there are two other, deeper levels. There are no other halls however.
xWC6tcx.png

The storage room. Every chest is linked to an AE-System and an old-school Redpower 2 sorting system (yes, this is FTB Ultimate).
xUX2hBk.png
D9MTyip.png

Our computer room with a 5x5 ME Molecular Assembler Chamber covered with microblocks and some fancy lighting. :D
7VDtJlh.png

"Some" ME Drives with(out) ME Storage for extra item storage. 40 silver chests are not enough. :(
ij6ZWFX.png

I do not like FTB's style of machines. So I am building my own. Two GT Industrial Blast Furnaces in the middle and two IC2 Induction Furnaces on the left and right side.
r3qrq81.png
GfuytLV.png

Map of the first level.
hJbKUsb.png

View of the second level upwards. You can see the railings of the first level.
x0SXtjU.png

Last but not least, a prototype of the planed nuclear reactor. This has been built only on a test server to trial and error.
MlcLirl.png
kCz9FEa.jpg

That's it. I hope you like what my brother and me have built.
Sorry for the long post. I'd be glad to get some reviews and/or comments.

Best wishes and a Happy New Year! :)

Streichkäse