Lets See Some Bases! Give Us a Tour!

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
That might be the Super Builders Wand. It's a version that does 40 or so blocks instead of the default 9. I believe it can only be found in loot chests. It does look identical. I saw KingDaddyDMAC playing with a borrowed one on Hermitcraft the other day.

Reactions: Master_Builder_800

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
I think you can build it with bedrockium ingots.... Atleast that's what I've heard

----------------------------------------------------
Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Master_Builder_800

Master_Builder_800

Jul 29, 2019
Well... my bad I suppose. Sorry for accusing you Kitty_Man_
Edit:
No idea there was a Super Builders wand, is that added in 1.7?

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
nuclear reactor and 4 rtm generator, I automate the refilling of uranium rods in the reactor using wireless block extender(refined relocation) and steves factory manage

Nice build sir, and I like your light-and-dark contrasts.

How are you re-inserting uranium rods into the correct slots? I've always wondered if this was possible.

zachn1700

Jul 29, 2019
Ten days in the making...

Just an overview of my small town in the making. I decided to go with oak wood so I can abuse fences. Things always get out of hand if I try and make anything out of micro-blocks. So I wanted to keep the structures simple. Yes, the nearest rubber tree I could find was 200m away from my original hole in the mountain house.
aSrIa.jpg

I started by building the barn, and powering it with milk! I have since added significantly more engines. I started with 4 and worked my way up to the 44 I have now. I have refit the barn with conduits, and plan to add a few more Redstone Energy Cells to the stack in the middle in the near future.
cbxPx.jpg

Next I build a building to house my pulverizer and furnace (I already had them running on a magmatic engine in the hole in the wall before, but I wanted something at least halfway serious). The magma crucible and transposer are for redstone. The power all comes in the barn and is split among the machines using the conduits. I still craft bronze and electrum bars by hand, as I couldn't get the diamond pipe to do a ratio of sorts and just kind of did whatever it wanted.
H1vtT.jpg

I set up a really ghetto sorting systems using barrels and tubes to handle the sheer quantity of stuff my turtles were pumping into my ender chest. Yes, I sleep in the basement and I still move the ores to be handled by hand.
KWU95.jpg

iRJ1u.jpg

After setting that up, I was tired of chopping trees for all those barrels. I looked into tree farm designs and one used gates from buildcraft, so I set up an assembly table for the first time. This is around the point where I upgraded to 22 engines in the barn. I left it open for expansion in the future, using some black xychorium to fill the gaps in the meantime. I've finalized a design using redpower managers instead of buildcraft gates that I will be implementing in the near future. This table might see some use later.
C10dl.png

I knew that I wanted to move into IC2 and Gregtech, now that I had my self situated, but I am still to this day scared shitless in the nether. I first entered when it was bugged on our SMP server when the nether first came out (like 2 years ago) and we had like 80 ghasts all around the nether spawn. So, to this day I still cobblestone tunnel everything in the nether. I opted for the casual friendly lazy mode lava generation, through Thermal Expansion! I'm storing it all in a railcraft tank. You don't need near that many Igneous Extruders, but hell they are pretty much free to make.
0sAeo.png

W0HEz.jpg

I read about Redpower frame quarry's being the most overpowered method of destroying the terrain, I mean mining. So I decided I better get an electric furnace sometime in the near future. Although this project is way down on my list of things to do.
MdD83.png

A quick and dirty map of my village so far. Future goals include a RedPower Manager/Forestry tree farm that I've mapped out in creative to put in the northeast of my village and an IC2 production line in the southwest to process items by hand as I build up into the higher tiers of IC2.I wan't to get the sewers under the road a little more finished and with a sense of unity, but first I need to get some IC2 power lines. A real source of street/building lighting is in order, as well as some more variety, perhaps I will use some of those Thaumcraft trees instead of the oaks in my village.
z0EBl.png

I'm not sure if this was already asked or not, but what texture pack are you using in those screenshots?

Kitty_Man_

Jul 29, 2019
Kitty_Man_ did. Unless they added a recipe for the creative builders wand. But I'm no judge because I can hardly build with creative! So I guess a good build is a good build
No The owner gave it to me as a "Thanks For Being an Admin"[DOUBLEPOST=1413842737][/DOUBLEPOST]And i just had to look up the super builders wand
LOL i didn't know that was a thing

Last edited:

Homer04

Jul 29, 2019
Here is my (currently WIP) base.
Since my current dirt mount I live in is way to small (I can only use 2 steam engines n stuff) I decided to move over.
GBP7x.png

This one is going to be my Thaumcraft room.
I thought the dark blocks would fit well with TC.
I will probably use TC candles / nitor for lighting in this room.

K5meH.png

And this one will be kind of a "living area".
I have no idea what to use for lighting here, maybe wrath lamps since the room is quite tall and I don't want to cluster everything with torches.

I am going to add a stairway in the middle of the mountain which will also run wiring to all my rooms and have several dedicated rooms for each of the major mods as well as a storing area and a seperate sorting hall.

Any suggestions on what materials I could use for the roof in these two respective rooms?
Also, which materials would you suggest for the upcoming areas?

Edit: here's my updated TC room:
80sut.png

I've gone through 10 enchanted sapphire picks just for this room.
I would love to make a diamond drill, but I don't have any IC2 stuff so far and I did not even start the IC2 room yet so that lies in the not so near future, especially since the next room will be my storage room.

Another update:
niYwZ.png

This is my TC room with some stuff in it already. I am going to mirror the warded jars to the other side of the table and remove the chests to the right. I will also add markers and golems (which golems are the one used to store stuff into the jars btw?) soon(TM) and think of something fancy for the lighting.
Happy new year everyone :)
Maybe ur post is very old, but a Hammer (from Tinkers Construcst) always breakes a 3x3 Area of Stone-Like-Blocks(Ores, Stone, cobble etc.) . An Excavator does the same with Dirt-Like-Blocks(Sand, Dirt, Gravel etc.).

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Maybe ur post is very old, but a Hammer (from Tinkers Construcst) always breakes a 3x3 Area of Stone-Like-Blocks(Ores, Stone, cobble etc.) . An Excavator does the same with Dirt-Like-Blocks(Sand, Dirt, Gravel etc.).
lol..
  1. Original post: Dec 31. 2012. Doubt TiCo was even thought of back then.
  2. Member last seen March 1 2013. Not sure who you are replying to. :p