Lets See Some Bases! Give Us a Tour!

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
Guys, there are loads of different kinds of steampunk, and steampunk isn't just about airships powered by steam. Steampunk can't really be described accurately because it means something slightly different to everyone, but everyone knows it when you see it. (like love)

This is kind of steampunky I guess, but there is a bit too much wood in the build. Try using more iron, gold, or quartz blocks.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) You watch Keralis' videos don't you? :p
keralis? who is he? I got this off of google images... I SWEAR TO GOD IF THAT THING WAS A TUTORIAL I WILL EXPLODE

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
ALSO, the steampunk-ish ship i made was made of tiger wood, so, outside of soartex franver, it would look horrifying!

Jack0928PC

Jul 29, 2019
I have just finished framing up this factory on my floating island in the End. Going for a factory feel, Just need some suggestions for block schemes. Plan on making multiple islands for other mods and automation.
oazy52.png

280vas8.png

24or32f.png

early progress​

QuantumCookies

Jul 29, 2019
Progress Update​
Still need to figure out which block I am going to use for the walls. Want a block that contrasts well with what I currently have but isn't too overwhelming. If you have any suggestions let me know.
2uonne8.png
I would use nether brick. It goes well with the stained clay and creates a pattern that balances out the somewhat repetitive textures of the other blocks.
Base looks great, by the way. <3

Reactions: Jack0928PC

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
^ it's Railcrafts Abyssal Stone / Quarried Stone ;)

Jack, use the Blood Stained Stone or the blue one's from Railcraft, it's a goood contrast

Btw can you build a Portal below your PortalGun Portal? Because I'm stuck in the platform below and under this platform there's nothing but void ;(
(And you know me, I never have a jetpack xD)

Jack0928PC

Jul 29, 2019
^ it's Railcrafts Abyssal Stone / Quarried Stone ;)

Jack, use the Blood Stained Stone or the blue one's from Railcraft, it's a goood contrast

Btw can you build a Portal below your PortalGun Portal? Because I'm stuck in the platform below and under this platform there's nothing but void ;(
(And you know me, I never have a jetpack xD)
Yea, I will move it into the factory.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Here's my base in Magic Farm 2. I'm working my way through the new thaumcraft content at the moment. This is still very much a work in progress, but I feel it is coming along far enough to share with the rest of the world.

The outside of my tower. I still have to clean up a few items like the harvestcraft beehive floating in mid-air. :D

Tower.jpeg

Here are my harvestcraft farms as well as my growthcraft grape farm. I have an upgraded flesh golem harvesting all the grapes (3 range upgrades). The grapes are used to power my base by feeding a culinary generator. I don't have much in power requirements at the moment, so I'm sure I will have to diversify, but this works for now. The growthcraft grapes grow so well, I haven't yet really made a point of harvesting my normal crops on a regular basis. Once I get some more TE and MFR set up, I will likely make use of the other food choices and make more specific farms for energy production. I'm using the food challenge configs, so my only energy choices are food and plant based.

farms.jpeg

2014-03-12_02.42.13.png

Next up is my infusion room. This is where most of my effort has gone into creating. I still have a few hoppers to place, along with some candles, but for the most part, it is built out. I'm not really liking the torches everywhere, and dislike the dark ceiling, so I will likely place some gaseous glowstone in the room to brighten things up a bit. So far, the stabilising effects around the infusion alter have been enough. I haven't had any flux effects except for one moderate enchantment I have done.

2014-03-12_13.18.23.png

I'm sure you noticed the lack of any essence jars in my infusion room. I setup the essence production and storage directly below my infusion altar. I do have to go below and verify that there is enough essence before I start an infusion crafting, but it's a small price to pay for not having a golem running around getting stuck on everything. I had thought I would have to use an essentia mirror, but apparently the range of the altar is enough to pull the essentia up from the room below. I placed a few inverted stairs to give a good place to place my mob heads. Every little bit of stability helps. I found out that a single alembic is all I need for the essentia distillation. The jars will be rearranged and labelled along with a void jar being placed on top for handling excess essentia.

2014-03-12_02.40.40.png

Finally, I have my wand recharging station and soon to be osmotic enchanter. I need to collect a few more obsidian totems to build out the pillars as seen here. (I used a few of the tiles for the screenshot.) The block in the middle is where the enchanter will sit. I've only managed to jar 4 nodes at the moment. I have all the elements, just not as much of some of them as I would like. This will be taken care of at a later date, or when I finally make time to get it done. The floor being built above will contain something. Just not sure what quite yet.

2014-03-12_13.20.37.png

016Nojr

Dec 11, 2013
Norway
Me2 if you fill the hopper with the item you need on that pedestal and the item either got zapped of or explodes or just pops off. The items in the hopper will quickly replace and the infusion can continue. Nice idea!

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
The hoppers aren't my idea, but they work very well. I think i saw them used on forgecraft once. If you have the same item in multiple pedestals, you only need to fill one of the hoppers. As the item is used, the altar will continue taking the item again from the same pedestal. It was a little disconcerting the first time i saw that, but it works just fine. Extra items are fine during the crafting. As long as the item is present when the altar needs it, everything is good.