Lets See Some Bases! Give Us a Tour!

Niels Henriksen

Jul 29, 2019
The hoppers aren't my idea, but they work very well. I think i saw them used on forgecraft once. If you have the same item in multiple pedestals, you only need to fill one of the hoppers. As the item is used, the altar will continue taking the item again from the same pedestal. It was a little disconcerting the first time i saw that, but it works just fine. Extra items are fine during the crafting. As long as the item is present when the altar needs it, everything is good.

Hmmmm...... sounds more and more like an oppunity for autocrafting :D

016Nojr

Dec 11, 2013
Norway
I will do the hoppers if i have enough space for it[DOUBLEPOST=1394714896][/DOUBLEPOST]Autocraft hoe much items for essentia, if not golems, automate placing and breaking blocks. Place jars for infusion. Then have it fill the pedestals and have a autonomous activator knock the runik matrix :p

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I added 18 more candles and 2 crystal clusters to my setup and was able to make the osmotic enchanter (dangerous level) without any nasty flux effects (and on the first try). I think i have a pretty good crafting setup now. It should only get better as i add more nodes and crystal clusters to my setup.

CodaPDX

Jul 29, 2019
I took some shots of my base last night. I'm kind of a blood magic and thaumcraft afficionado, and I enjoy making things look pretty. Here are some choice shots:
9X6WSNN.png

ODMnSev.png

PuqFeO6.png

8QKlDEF.png

The entire album is viewable here: http://imgur.com/a/afIh6

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
@CodaPDX That is absolutely amazing. Quick question though: does the Ritual of Binding cause any issues with the lightning it causes?

Just so you know, your thaumcraft infusion altar is going to be wracked with instability as your pedestals are not aligned symmetrically.

Otherwise - your base looks amazing.

In the album its stated there's a 13x13 area of candles under it.

CodaPDX

Jul 29, 2019
@CodaPDX That is absolutely amazing. Quick question though: does the Ritual of Binding cause any issues with the lightning it causes?

Nope. Greatwood is flame-retardant.

And Evilshallwin...I'm not sure you understand the balance mechanics in TC4. Each pedestal has another one diametrically opposed to it on the other side of the altar. I just mixed up the usual layout a bit to make it more visually interesting. Believe me, I didn't cheat in all that ichor equipment. Every piece was crafted on that altar in the exact configuration you see in the pic.

Reactions: Padfoote

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
BTW i think i saw some sinister nodes in last picture, if it is get rid of them

Again, in the album there's a picture dedicated to specifically that, and it is shown that there's 2 guard golems standing by the nodes to kill any spawns.

CodaPDX

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using sinister nodes because they have a wider variety of compound aspects in them, as well as more vis overall than your average node. And because I'm a badass who isn't afraid of spawning furious zombies in her own home. Alphonse and Edward can take care of any that show up, but thus far I haven't seen any spawn since the entire area is lit up with an arcane lamp. I've dealt with the biome change by planting a bunch of ethereal blooms underneath the floor.

The classless

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using sinister nodes because they have a wider variety of compound aspects in them, as well as more vis overall than your average node. And because I'm a badass who isn't afraid of spawning furious zombies in her own home. Alphonse and Edward can take care of any that show up, but thus far I haven't seen any spawn since the entire area is lit up with an arcane lamp. I've dealt with the biome change by planting a bunch of ethereal blooms underneath the floor.
I like the way you think

CodaPDX

Jul 29, 2019
The wisps only spawn in magical biomes. The ethereal blooms prevent the node from making the eerie biome, so the wisps can't spawn.
Well, yes, except my house is in a magical forest, and wisps don't spawn from sinister nodes. And like I said, nothing has ever spawned from the sinister nodes. And yes, the golems have dart launchers.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Please tell me you have a woodcutting golem named Barry the Chopper.