Lets See Some Bases! Give Us a Tour!

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
It looks like no one's posted any base shots in about 2 months, but I wanted to share my little single player Regrowth world. I've tried Regrowth several times only to give up each time to try something else in either Minecraft or Warcraft. I started this world this past Friday evening (it's Tues night now) and, through sheer lack of money and things to do in real life, played it all day Sat, all day Sun, almost all of yesterday, and the 3/4s of today.

After scrolling through the 2016 posts, I feel extremely lowly about what I've built, but it still makes me happy. I've made all of the seeds and almost all of the spawn eggs, and I'm at the point where I've started a Witchery area, gotten a smeltery, and dabbled in Mariculture. (Mari's lack of documentation outside of the in-game books has me more focused on crops than fish.) I have an end portal, but I haven't made any weapons that'll take on the Ender Dragon yet, so I haven't gone through the portal.

Anyways, here are the pictures:

MzfAeQj.png

dQv0veq.jpg

MIbaFhQ.png

Mh85hpE.png

Each row of crops are 10/10/10 fruits, vegetables, and Botania flowers. If the crops are in a square instead (like the ones in the top left and top right), they're some sort of essence seeds. My next step is to make the Strong Infusion Stone. I'm missing the Blaze Essence, though, and I can't figure out how to make it. I've been trying to figure that out for almost 2 hours now, so there's evidently another quest somewhere I need to do. (I've already been to the nether, set up a kill room around a Blaze spawner and looted an entire nether fortress. I just can't figure out how to get Blaze Essence.)

The large trees in the back of the house are my Witchery area. I haven't done much yet, only setting up the altar, cauldron, and crucible. I put up all of the saplings I had around it, turned the dirt to grass, and then bone-mealed all of that to get flowers and grasses to power up the altar. It's still kinda weak, around 4600 altar points, but I haven't done much besides make a few potions.

Inside the main house:

eEhKrth.png

5xcv9OB.png

RGM9UHn.png

Like my canine family? I had 5 of them, 3 adults and 2 pups. I made the mistake of taking them out on a night hunt and lost both puppies. One of the adults died in a tragic accident when I placed down my end portal and she happened to be under it. I had to kill her to put her out of her misery and the remaining two dogs and I mourned over her XP beads. I did get her head, pelt, and 2 skins off of her remains, so her death wasn't totally wasted.

I will say that hunting with a pack of tamed wolves was awesome. Even though I have a Manasteel Sword enchanted with Wraith IV (+11 attack), it was fun to tap the zombies and watch the pack tear them to pieces.

As far as all the storage goes, I only made the dark drawers. (I chose spruce as my original tree seedling.) The lighter-colored ones were all quest rewards, as are all of the metallic chests.

Full Album Link (if you want to view/zoom the images on your own).

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
Well, another day gone and another day spent in my Regrowthland. Today I managed to keep all three of my wolves alive. (I figured out how to make them sit in a safe spot, guarded by a Jiyuulia plant to keep hostiles away. LOL!)

My crops are evidently killing my TPS even though my FPS stays at a constant 60, which is what my monitor puts out. I decided to build a crop tower, so I spent a good 2-3 hours making unique blocks. Click the spoiler tag to see what I came up with.

gS4siqs.jpg

SG3ePF8.jpg

aJWripM.jpg

SG3ePF8.jpg

Inside the building:

yE8y9AO.jpg

o3NMVjL.jpg

The building is 2 stories tall. I only have crops on the first floor because the TPS was getting lowered too badly. All of the little yellow strips are glowstone blocks that I took an iron saw to and hacked down to provide illumination in style. (I think I originally learned that from Hypnotizd on YouTube.)

Instead of having 4x4 plots, I reduced the 10/10/10 magical crops into 3x3s, and then made a gigantic 3x3 out of them inside of the tower pictured above. Unfortunately, after moving 9 sets of crops, I found the chapter with redstone and lapis and ended up filling in the plots I'd moved with all new crops, so I think I'm just going to have to get used to the TPS drag for now. I think it'll get better once I can get a Mystcraft world up and doing all of the agriculture over there, then use AE or something to send it back.

I also added in the Botania-enhanced vanilla enchantment table. Right now my Botania setup is way less than appealing, even to my limited eyes, but it's easy for me to do things and it works. I have a mana ring, full manasteel armor & tool set (all of which are using level 30 enchantments), little sticks of incense around the base to help keep mobs from spawning and to give me underwater breathing, and also a pendant that gives me night vision. I've never played with the Botania enchantment table or brewery stand, but I think I've fallen in love with them!

kIpzoka.jpg

I saw that I got a few likes on my post from last night, but I'd like to hear some ideas on better base design. I'd like to stick with the farm theme, but I'm at the point now where I'm growing metals and redstone and I'm about to start making machines, so they'll be added in over the next few days. I'm already using crafting frames and a semi-auto workbench inside my house to craft cropsticks, bonemeal, and a few other things, but I can't wait to get things to where I can autocraft everything.

So...without going all technomodern, can anyone provide links to big pictures of really awesome builds? I google it every week, and I've gone through a ton of this thread as well, but I want more inspiration!

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
Big Pics of awesome builds? Check out rhn's continued adventures Just be warned, you'll feel bad about everything you've ever built. Brunellesci would take a look and go cry in a corner.

KT, I really hate you for showing me rhn's thread. :p Now I want to start a new world immediately, and not a Regrowth one either, so I can do my own thread. Keep watching the forums...you might see something new from me as early as later on today! I'll keep playing Regrowth, but now it looks like I'll divert about 1/2 my free time into a world.

I remember when I first started playing Minecraft about 2 years ago, I hadn't discovered modded MC yet so I built this amazing (to me) Vanilla world. I had a huge sheep farm with a giant barn, a 3 story house, a lighthouse, all on a peninsula that I terraformed with just iron shovels and picks, and diamond ones later on. No enchanting or potions because I hadn't discovered the nether yet, not even any redstone stuff in it. I probably spent 45-60 days in that world and then discovered modded MC and never went back. :eek:

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
I did warn you. :D I started with Modded Minecraft, and drowned within minutes. I had to look up how to swim.

I just started a new world with the new FTB Crackpack. I'm going to follow along with others and post daily or semi-weekly updates. There are a few mods, like Mekanism and Galactic Craft that I've never played with, so it should be interesting to see how they work. There's also Railcraft. I've only used it for the Coke Oven & Blast Furnace...after seeing rhn's thread, I think I'll see if I can figure out how to make trains work, too.

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
I've taken on a couple of side projects to learn how mods work before I go further with my Crackpack journal. (Side note: I haven't posted it yet, but I got inspired by rhn and I started building a giant castle in my CP world.)

I've started 2 more Infinity worlds (regular, not expert). On one, I'm doing almost nothing but Thaumcraft. I've gotten to basic golems 1x and never done anything else without cheating in stuff, so I want to play it through with no distractions. The other world, I'm doing Forestry Bee & Tree Breeding. I'm using Immersive Engineering stuff to make power, and I plan to push heavy into AE2 so that I can have easy storage for all of the bees when I don't need them. I've played well into bees before on my (now retired) Infinity Evolved server, but I didn't get the bees that actually make stuff. After getting my magical crops to where they are, I want to see what it's like to get bees doing the same things.

As I built out that world tonight, I ended up building THE MOST AWESOME BASE EVER DESIGNED, including all of the stuff done by rhn. Between watching the All-Star game, American's Got Talent, making fresh coffee, eating dinner, playing with the dogs, and reading Wowhead.com, I spent what felt like 5-6 whole hours designing and building this base.

If you want to see a true masterpiece of engineering, click the spoiler tag and marvel at what I have built.

2016-07-12_23.19.10.png

Here you can see how I carefully camouflaged my bed with tall grass and Jabba Barrels so that Creepers wouldn't find me in my sleep.

2016-07-12_23.19.22.png

Sticking purely to my "don't do anything high tech" philosophy for this world, I built a high tech Thermal Exp. tank to hold lava, along with an Ender IO fluid thingy to move it into the smeltery.

2016-07-12_23.19.15.png

I also created an all-natural waterfall with a triple Immersive Engineering Water Wheel across the lake from me, then didn't spoil the beauty of nature at all by running LV power lines across the lake on fence posts.

Now, I don't expect that everyone can create an amazing base like this in such a short time frame like I did, especially considering all of the multitasking I did. I mean, if you aren't a natural born artist like me, you'll never understand how I got the grass, bed, coke oven, smeltery, and un-naturally placed 36 spruce trees to all blend seamlessly into the beauty you see above.

If you have questions or think you can do this yourself, or you just want to comment at how awesome my build is, please comment and tell me what you think.

:cool:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I've taken on a couple of side projects to learn how mods work before I go further with my Crackpack journal. (Side note: I haven't posted it yet, but I got inspired by rhn and I started building a giant castle in my CP world.)

I've started 2 more Infinity worlds (regular, not expert). On one, I'm doing almost nothing but Thaumcraft. I've gotten to basic golems 1x and never done anything else without cheating in stuff, so I want to play it through with no distractions. The other world, I'm doing Forestry Bee & Tree Breeding. I'm using Immersive Engineering stuff to make power, and I plan to push heavy into AE2 so that I can have easy storage for all of the bees when I don't need them. I've played well into bees before on my (now retired) Infinity Evolved server, but I didn't get the bees that actually make stuff. After getting my magical crops to where they are, I want to see what it's like to get bees doing the same things.

As I built out that world tonight, I ended up building THE MOST AWESOME BASE EVER DESIGNED, including all of the stuff done by rhn. Between watching the All-Star game, American's Got Talent, making fresh coffee, eating dinner, playing with the dogs, and reading Wowhead.com, I spent what felt like 5-6 whole hours designing and building this base.

If you want to see a true masterpiece of engineering, click the spoiler tag and marvel at what I have built.

Here you can see how I carefully camouflaged my bed with tall grass and Jabba Barrels so that Creepers wouldn't find me in my sleep.

Sticking purely to my "don't do anything high tech" philosophy for this world, I built a high tech Thermal Exp. tank to hold lava, along with an Ender IO fluid thingy to move it into the smeltery.

I also created an all-natural waterfall with a triple Immersive Engineering Water Wheel across the lake from me, then didn't spoil the beauty of nature at all by running LV power lines across the lake on fence posts.

Now, I don't expect that everyone can create an amazing base like this in such a short time frame like I did, especially considering all of the multitasking I did. I mean, if you aren't a natural born artist like me, you'll never understand how I got the grass, bed, coke oven, smeltery, and un-naturally placed 36 spruce trees to all blend seamlessly into the beauty you see above.

If you have questions or think you can do this yourself, or you just want to comment at how awesome my build is, please comment and tell me what you think.

:cool:
Ok but look at that one torch in the last picture that's literally 6 blocks away from the coke oven. Its like having a refinery that transforms orphans into fuel in the backdrop of your wedding photos.

Sorry, it was almost perfect but that one element throws off the entire experience.

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
Ok but look at that one torch in the last picture that's literally 6 blocks away from the coke oven. Its like having a refinery that transforms orphans into fuel in the backdrop of your wedding photos.

Sorry, it was almost perfect but that one element throws off the entire experience.

1. I don't like orphans. Converting baby Minecraft villagers into fuel is very wasteful; I prefer smelting them into emeralds myself.
  2. It's obvious that you're just not as skilled at Minecraft base building as I am. That torch is representative of a time before I had a coke oven and had to light up the water next to my bed to keep killer zombies from spawning on my head. It was left as a piece of legacy artwork to symbolize the struggles that I went through to gather the clay, sand, and gravel and build the giant glowing coke oven so that generations of future players would know what I had to go through to produce more creosote oil than anyone would ever need.
This post and my previous post were written in association with the letters S, A, R, C, A, S, and M. Yes, I do know that I thanked S and A twice, but they were doubly important to me.

Last edited:

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Having lain more than four thousand rails and with another twelve thousand planned, I would like to hijack every last drop of your creosote oil.

Reactions: JaRyCu

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
I have spent countless milliseconds considering life from Pyure's point of view, and I think I can finally understand why he (she? I'm new here and don't know) thought that my torch was out of place. In an effort to satiate his/her palate and also increase the beauty of my world, I've added more things to my artistically-perfect base:

2016-07-13_11.31.56.png

First, I decided to adopt a different approach to my machine area. Anyone could build a small area with a roof, roof supports, a nice floor, a few chests, possibly Storage Drawers, and house their machines inside of it. NOT everyone, however, could arrange their machines, fluid pipe, server, level, and tank in such an eye-pleasing fashion.

2016-07-13_11.31.51.png

Next I decided to extend my copper network. Some might point out that I could have very easily placed all of these devices side-by-side, but THEY'D BE WRONG!!! (Well, they're right, I could have, but why would I want to?) This world offers so much clay, I knew that it needed to be used to craft those thing-a-ma-bobbers that you hook the copper wire to. I can place those anywhere! I toyed around with just putting one on the ground, but it didn't appease my artistic vision.

Doing it as pictured above, however, reminded me of an Alpine ski lift going into copper / baked clay colored snowcap atop a majestic, machine-colored mountain.

2016-07-13_11.32.02.png

Finally, I built not 1, not 2, but 3 apiaries and placed them in a decidedly non-linear fashion. I also placed the torches and apiarist's chest to balance out the seemingly random pattern. Can you see my intent here?

Pyure, I hope that further building out my vision helps you to see the true beauty of this world.

In other notes, KT, if you're playing on a server, I shall happily join you and produce gallons and gallons and gallons of creosote oil for you. (Do you have any YouTube's showing how you do the trains? I can't even grasp what to do with them or where to get started.)

Reactions: Padfoote

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I have spent countless milliseconds considering life from Pyure's point of view, and I think I can finally understand why he (she? I'm new here and don't know) thought that my torch was out of place. In an effort to satiate his/her palate and also increase the beauty of my world, I've added more things to my artistically-perfect base:
"He" :)

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Sadly, I'm not on a server. I barely have the internet connection to play single player, much less MP.

The only train specific Video I've done was my one on Train Signals, and that's kind of advanced. I'm not quite sure what you might want to do with them. I'm using them for just about everything. I'm hauling ores and materials back from a quarry, oil from a spout, and I've just set up a train running to my forestry farm. Two track systems are your friend if you intend to run more than one train on a line. Theoretically you could use sidings, and that would probably work fine, but double lane means trains can come and go.

If it's more than four carts, and you've got to go up a slope, make sure it's got at least one flat track for every slope. Otherwise it'll get part way up and then slide back down until the locomotive runs out of water to make steam.

I intend eventually to experiment with double headed trains. So I could run single lines without booster tracks, but for the moment it's hard to set up.

Unless you're after more starter tips, then let me know and I can probably do a video on it. :D