FTB Tutorial Map

joaopada

Jul 29, 2019
Good, it looks amazing! I really wanted to try out twilight forest, and this would be a great way to learn. Hope it comes soon!

Cman333

Jul 29, 2019
I have attempted to port the original, mostly finished map into any one of the updated packs, as well as my own pack with FTB configs and all mods that have been confirmed to possibly be in FTB packs. Turns out, Thaumcraft likes spewing wisps everywhere in the Spawn Area. On top of that, the changes to Gregtech, additions to Forestry, Extra Bees, Redpower, Thermal Expansion have essentially rendered the map obsolete. Work on a new one, based on the Mindcrack pack that has all the worldgen, has begun. It will take significantly more time, and will be significantly more complete.

To prevent such things from occurring in the future, I will be working on communicating with the FTB team after the holidays, in an attempt to make this an official tutorial project. In theory, this means any future updates will be easier to prepare for and adapt to.

As always, plans change often, I appreciate your patience. Screenshots of stuff and things coming within the week.
Any update on whether this has gone official or not?

ividito

Jul 29, 2019
As anticipated a prerequisite for being official is a release. I'm slowly working on the map, school is getting in the way. I'm hoping to power through the rest of the map at the end of the month, when I get time off, but no promises or projections are going to be made. The second prerequisite, of course, is that the map is amazing, so I will not be rushing a release.

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
Don't be afraid to ask for a helping hand from those you trust to keep to your vision. At least, if you have an outline for the map written out. Otherwise getting help would prove likely frustrating.

OtakuD

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah maybe this needs to be a more community based project since there is so much to cover, would really like to stick this on my SMP server somewhere for new players to see.

dapimpring

Jul 29, 2019
New to the site and FTB. Could really use this. :D Can't wait (no really, can't wait. Want it now...lol)

Stradivarius94

Jul 29, 2019
As anticipated a prerequisite for being official is a release. I'm slowly working on the map, school is getting in the way. I'm hoping to power through the rest of the map at the end of the month, when I get time off, but no promises or projections are going to be made. The second prerequisite, of course, is that the map is amazing, so I will not be rushing a release.

Ividito, I could help you, if you'd like.

Sertas

Jul 29, 2019
I REALLY hope you take the help offered. This would be awesome to help the community. Hell, I'm excited to play it...lol.

Oldbombadil

Jul 29, 2019
umm... guys, ividito hasn't been on the forum for a month.
There really isn't anything but support we can give. If the map is not released then it is not released. Posting vapid material is the farthest thing you can do from helping out with this project.

ividito

Jul 29, 2019
It is, but life is busy. Also, don't take absence from the forum as me not working on the map. I just don't hang out on the forum at all.

The first release will use whichever version of the DW20 pack is most updated. This is ideal, since the Mindcrack pack is more advanced (read: Gregtech is a bitch to teach), and DW20 is better for covering basics.

That said, the first release is still a ways off. The standard is high, I kinda want this in the launcher, so I'm putting significant amounts of time into details. Every block is placed manually, by one person.

I really should update the first post with this information. I'll also put up a link to some video tutorials, since people should have access to a way to earn while I work away at the map.

Cman333

Jul 29, 2019
It is, but life is busy. Also, don't take absence from the forum as me not working on the map. I just don't hang out on the forum at all.

The first release will use whichever version of the DW20 pack is most updated. This is ideal, since the Mindcrack pack is more advanced (read: Gregtech is a bitch to teach), and DW20 is better for covering basics.

That said, the first release is still a ways off. The standard is high, I kinda want this in the launcher, so I'm putting significant amounts of time into details. Every block is placed manually, by one person.

I really should update the first post with this information. I'll also put up a link to some video tutorials, since people should have access to a way to earn while I work away at the map.
yay you're still working on this \o/

KoCcY91

Jul 29, 2019
I hope you will release this soon, not that I'm a new player, but I would love to check every mod out, but sometimes you just don't know where to begin... :)

betasir19

Jul 29, 2019
So, when abouts should this project be done. I was going to do this same kind of thing for a friend but since you're doing it, how much more time will you need?

Chrissyhailfire

Jul 29, 2019
ividito if your needing help in making the map please let us know. or at least maybe reach out to the mod dev's to get their imput if your having issues. they might be able to help or give some input.

with ultimate out though, are you going to switch or still do dire's pack.