FTB Tutorial Map

T3amTact1cal

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, this is pretty neat, I'm new to this huge modded mc, and I would love to play this map to learn more about FTb. Hope you release it soon :p

ividito

Jul 29, 2019
I have attempted to port the original, mostly finished map into any one of the updated packs, as well as my own pack with FTB configs and all mods that have been confirmed to possibly be in FTB packs. Turns out, Thaumcraft likes spewing wisps everywhere in the Spawn Area. On top of that, the changes to Gregtech, additions to Forestry, Extra Bees, Redpower, Thermal Expansion have essentially rendered the map obsolete. Work on a new one, based on the Mindcrack pack that has all the worldgen, has begun. It will take significantly more time, and will be significantly more complete.

To prevent such things from occurring in the future, I will be working on communicating with the FTB team after the holidays, in an attempt to make this an official tutorial project. In theory, this means any future updates will be easier to prepare for and adapt to.

As always, plans change often, I appreciate your patience. Screenshots of stuff and things coming within the week.

Reactions: DaNerd27

willwill397

Jul 29, 2019
Cant wait for this sounds really cool i wouldnt say i was a new noob to ftb (no offence to all noobs) but im sure i can still lear a load from what i can see of this map :p

Chrissyhailfire

Jul 29, 2019
glad to know that your working with the FTB team on this. its alot of new things for everyone and i'm sure a tutorial is much needed/wanted for everyone. if only to see what you've created.

blockout22

Jul 29, 2019
awesome i was thinking about doing something like this but i never wanted to do it on my own :(

are you accepting any help from others?

Sertas

Jul 29, 2019
I have to echo the desire to play this map. I am SO SO SO lost with FTB but, it sure is exciting...lol.

SlipperyJim

Jul 29, 2019
Great idea - am watching this thread.

Will be handy to direct new people to my server to play the map :)

The Jimbat
Watches Directly

Stradivarius94

Jul 29, 2019
I just discovered the Minecraft FTB client a few days ago, and I've been playing it since. It's full of surprises, but it's so overwhelming. So I went online to see if anyone was making a tutorial map - and found this forum! So I joined the FTB Forums to follow your work and get help on this site.

Anyway, TL;DR: I don't have the time on my hands to discover all the elements of FTB, so I'll play this map when you release it. Thank you!