Forestry Butterfly's? O.O

Discussion in 'General FTB chat' started by Pokefenn, May 12, 2013.

1. RedBoss

RedBoss Well-Known Member

Glowstone butterflies that follow you would be cool and great for caving.

I also vote for Mothra
  2. brujon

brujon Active Member

Bees pollinate trees in Forestry, but Forestry hasn't done anything with flowers yet... So maybe Butterflies pollinate Flowers, and there are new types of flowers that you have to cross pollinate to obtain? Also an use for the massive flower fields that get created when doing a whole lot of bee breeding. EXBL and other mods already added a bunch of flowers for many of the dyes, but there are a bunch that don't have flowers yet. Some flowers could also give other useful but not terribly expensive or hard to acquire resources. Or that boost bee production rates. As, you know, bees get their nutrition from processing nectar. Or that makes crops around them grow faster... Flowers that create a healing effect, or that give off light. Really, the possibilities are pretty endless. Also hoping for a cosmetic wall decoration to pin butterflies to.

Make sheep eat flowers, too. Hehe.
  3. Dackstrus

Dackstrus Active Member

Sengiiirrrrrr!!

Do it...
  4. ForJagler

ForJagler Member

INDEEEEED I really would like to see some more flowers and stuff like Emerald Flowers , hard to acquire but if u collect their petals on growth u can craft them into nugget shape (Cuz it would be OP if u could straight forward get emeralds)
  5. ahwtx

ahwtx Member

say lepidopterology five times fast!

was looking through the new forestry config and went, "... huh?!" had to google that one. :p
  6. Chrissy

Chrissy Active Member

Screw butterflies, I want to breed FISH
    EternalDensity and samjpclarke like this.
  7. PonyKuu

PonyKuu Active Member

But I'd like... um... to have some butterflies... um... in my world... *squeak*
  8. Pokefenn

Pokefenn Mod Dev Mod Developer

Who doesnt, im really excited to mess around with them ;3

Just need a extrabees compatible version <3
    dgdas9 likes this.
  9. Phantom27

Phantom27 Active Member

This would be awesome.

Also, butterfiles that follow you and provide you with buffs. Regen, speed, etc.

But whatever Sengir decides to do with them, I'm sure it will be great. Looking forward to playing with them. :]
  10. samjpclarke

samjpclarke Member

Caught with a Phish Philter
  11. ForJagler

ForJagler Member

Chrissy .... fishes swim around derpy and if got out of water , you just lost a kind of fish ,
    Whilst butterflies flies around peacefully and might derp a bit but not till death.
  12. Technician

Technician Well-Known Member

I would love to be able to use Butterflies!

Sengir, you can make bottles so we can grow caterpillar - Butterfly

You'd have to put in leaves (different sort for diff butterflies) and water and sugar.

You could even put honey + water in
  13. fergcraft

fergcraft Well-Known Member

I just want expoding butterflies so I can release them while yelling "fly my pretties fly" :D
    Anubis, ICountFrom0 and ApSciMorgs like this.
  14. Technician

How about butterflies that explode then turn into trains

TRAIN BREEDING SENGIR, GET ON IT
    Jerx99, Jay Cee and fergcraft like this.
  15. fergcraft

fergcraft Well-Known Member

has now fainted by over excitement :p
  16. Technician

The Angry Train is mad!
  17. Dravarden

Dravarden Well-Known Member

oh i thought butterflies will do the same stuff as bees and they will just be boring.
  18. whizzball1

whizzball1 Well-Known Member

You know how the system of breeding is so tiered, as in, you need bees to get trees to get butterflies?
    Butterflies to get flowers.
    The flowers will attract new flies which you can breed to get better flies that you can feed to...
    Fish!
    That you can breed.
    So...
    1. Bees
    2. Trees
    3. Butterflies
    4. Flowers
    5. Flies
    6. Fish!
  19. Technician

Then cat breeding and other animal breeding.

Oh yeah baby.
    whizzball1 likes this.
  20. Lambert2191

Lambert2191 Well-Known Member

why the hell would you want to breed fish.. what could you possibly get out of it?

"YES! I bred my uberfish to give me 5 hearts of hunger rather than 3! Suck it butterflies!"

"my butterflies give me regen II for 20 seconds..."

I'd like if fish actually did something, or were worth more than just being trade fodder for villagers.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 24, 2013 ---
    yeah baby lets evolve ALL the animals!