Forestry Butterfly's? O.O

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
Bees pollinate trees in Forestry, but Forestry hasn't done anything with flowers yet... So maybe Butterflies pollinate Flowers, and there are new types of flowers that you have to cross pollinate to obtain? Also an use for the massive flower fields that get created when doing a whole lot of bee breeding. EXBL and other mods already added a bunch of flowers for many of the dyes, but there are a bunch that don't have flowers yet. Some flowers could also give other useful but not terribly expensive or hard to acquire resources. Or that boost bee production rates. As, you know, bees get their nutrition from processing nectar. Or that makes crops around them grow faster... Flowers that create a healing effect, or that give off light. Really, the possibilities are pretty endless. Also hoping for a cosmetic wall decoration to pin butterflies to.

Make sheep eat flowers, too. Hehe.

ForJagler

Jul 29, 2019
Bees pollinate trees in Forestry, but Forestry hasn't done anything with flowers yet... So maybe Butterflies pollinate Flowers, and there are new types of flowers that you have to cross pollinate to obtain? Also an use for the massive flower fields that get created when doing a whole lot of bee breeding. EXBL and other mods already added a bunch of flowers for many of the dyes, but there are a bunch that don't have flowers yet. Some flowers could also give other useful but not terribly expensive or hard to acquire resources. Or that boost bee production rates. As, you know, bees get their nutrition from processing nectar. Or that makes crops around them grow faster... Flowers that create a healing effect, or that give off light. Really, the possibilities are pretty endless. Also hoping for a cosmetic wall decoration to pin butterflies to.

Make sheep eat flowers, too. Hehe.
INDEEEEED I really would like to see some more flowers and stuff like Emerald Flowers , hard to acquire but if u collect their petals on growth u can craft them into nugget shape (Cuz it would be OP if u could straight forward get emeralds)

ahwtx

Jul 29, 2019
say lepidopterology five times fast!

was looking through the new forestry config and went, "... huh?!" had to google that one. :p

Phantom27

Jul 29, 2019
Glowstone butterflies that follow you would be cool and great for caving.

This would be awesome.

Also, butterfiles that follow you and provide you with buffs. Regen, speed, etc.

But whatever Sengir decides to do with them, I'm sure it will be great. Looking forward to playing with them. :]

ForJagler

Jul 29, 2019
Screw butterflies, I want to breed FISH

Chrissy .... fishes swim around derpy and if got out of water , you just lost a kind of fish ,
Whilst butterflies flies around peacefully and might derp a bit but not till death.

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
I would love to be able to use Butterflies!

Sengir, you can make bottles so we can grow caterpillar - Butterfly

You'd have to put in leaves (different sort for diff butterflies) and water and sugar.

You could even put honey + water in

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Can't give what I don't have yet. ;) I have some ideas, but no clue which will pan out and which won't. I don't even know yet how much breeding will be involved. The current plan has them as a more asthetic/collectible item. Bees will stay the uncontested "resource producers".

oh i thought butterflies will do the same stuff as bees and they will just be boring.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
You know how the system of breeding is so tiered, as in, you need bees to get trees to get butterflies?
Butterflies to get flowers.
The flowers will attract new flies which you can breed to get better flies that you can feed to...
Fish!
That you can breed.
So...
  1. Bees
  2. Trees
  3. Butterflies
  4. Flowers
  5. Flies
  6. Fish!

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
You know how the system of breeding is so tiered, as in, you need bees to get trees to get butterflies?
Butterflies to get flowers.
The flowers will attract new flies which you can breed to get better flies that you can feed to...
Fish!
That you can breed.
So...
  1. Bees
  2. Trees
  3. Butterflies
  4. Flowers
  5. Flies
  6. Fish!

Then cat breeding and other animal breeding.

Oh yeah baby.

Reactions: whizzball1

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Screw butterflies, I want to breed FISH
why the hell would you want to breed fish.. what could you possibly get out of it?

"YES! I bred my uberfish to give me 5 hearts of hunger rather than 3! Suck it butterflies!"

"my butterflies give me regen II for 20 seconds..."

I'd like if fish actually did something, or were worth more than just being trade fodder for villagers.[DOUBLEPOST=1369354077][/DOUBLEPOST]
Then cat breeding and other animal breeding.

Oh yeah baby.
yeah baby lets evolve ALL the animals!