Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

sisho

Jul 29, 2019
Which metal are you replacing? If it's iron, that is what gave you the reinforced, and why it goes away when switching to something else.

From what I can tell it looks like he is switching to Damascus Steel from Iron which also should have Reinforced on it I'm pretty sure. I think it is just a failure to update bug on the tinker table...I have a lot of problems with my sword stats not updating properly via the tinker table upgrading.

xcuad

Jul 29, 2019
ok... thanks for the replay about the reinforced on the pickaxe... was iron to damascus and now i know to never trust the tinker table :p....

There is a config about the sapling drop for jungle trees... really a just loose all of them... in total was like 5 tree without dropping one sapling, I just can get the jungle sapling for fruit trees... not jungle biome yet... (there is another biome that give jungle trees... just fund tropical rain forest and the trees are jungle wood with oak leaves...

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Episode 9 uploaded today. I really don't have much to say about this one, other than the fact that it's long. Oh, and Damascus Steel.

That's an interesting series. I didn't know you could make a Stone Crusher, I thought that the easiest machine is the Grind Stone.

xcuad

Jul 29, 2019
i saw SSundee
pixel-vfl3z5WfW.gif
make a hammer with silver plates traits to boost the speed... but when i try to do the same the mining speed is less that using damascus steel... what material can i use to boost the speed in the hammer? (not modifiers... havent been to nether yet, to get redstone)

krazy_kow

Jan 9, 2014
Did you use regular silver or astral silver? The latter is a high tier metal from the spirit world, and the one giving you the fast hammer

xcuad

Jul 29, 2019
Did you use regular silver or astral silver? The latter is a high tier metal from the spirit world, and the one giving you the fast hammer
He use normal silver and that was what I try... Maybe an update change it... Thanks for the answer

krazy_kow

Jan 9, 2014
Then it might just be the upgrade bug. Did you try it with a new hammer, oder did you upgrade an old one?

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Hi :)

Is there any info on how the red gas works? I'm trying to figure out how I died.

I heard it was explosive, so when I first encountered it I used lava to remotely detonate it. Then I hit another deposit, but this one wasn't exploding for some reason. I burned it with lava just in case. Then I saw some coal, and decided to mine it. Knocked down torches, apart from the one on my head. Mined one coal, boom. Maybe the coal dust reacts with the inert red gas?

Ok now I know I wasn't crazy or careless. I just mined a coal cluster, and it randomly exploded.There were no torches nearby. The furnace wasn't working, either. Fortunately I'm now keeping a distance from the coal I'm mining, so nobody got hurt, especially me.

Here is a screenshot of the area after that:

QfD80gM.png

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
Ok now I know I wasn't crazy or careless. I just mined a coal cluster, and it randomly exploded.There were no torches nearby. The furnace wasn't working, either. Fortunately I'm now keeping a distance from the coal I'm mining, so nobody got hurt, especially me.

Just set down and mined up a full stack of 64 coal in a test world and no explosions (once I moved away from my glowstone platform... *doh*).

Other things besides torches will make gas explode. Glowstone, jack-o-lanterns, etc... If you didn't have any light source at all nearby, not sure what's happening in your world, but that's not normal.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Just set down and mined up a full stack of 64 coal in a test world and no explosions (once I moved away from my glowstone platform... *doh*).

Other things besides torches will make gas explode. Glowstone, jack-o-lanterns, etc... If you didn't have any light source at all nearby, not sure what's happening in your world, but that's not normal.

Is it possible for block lag or loading or something like that to do that? I'm having such issues.

The first case was like twenty worlds ago, so this is not limited to one world. It's also rare, as until now I was mining coal just fine. By the way, that remaining coal block on the screenshot also exploded right after taking the screenshot and mining it.

Maybe try this seed, I just tested it and that vein does explode again (maybe you need to have a furnace with fuel and/or torch on your head): -3902413062419615160

Booyadude

Jul 29, 2019
Ok now I know I wasn't crazy or careless. I just mined a coal cluster, and it randomly exploded.There were no torches nearby. The furnace wasn't working, either.

Alas, gasses don't care if the furnace is lit or not, they will ignite on it. Not entirely intuitive, but I guess we can just pretend that the furnace comes with tiny undying embers when you craft it.

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
Alas, gasses don't care if the furnace is lit or not, they will ignite on it. Not entirely intuitive, but I guess we can just pretend that the furnace comes with tiny undying embers when you craft it.

This... Glen's Gasses doesn't know the difference between a lit and unlit furnace.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
This... Glen's Gasses doesn't know the difference between a lit and unlit furnace.

oh, I thought I had this distinguished between the two, that may be my fault if I used the wrong ID. I can't wait for block states...

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
Yikes! I did not know furnaces ignite gasses. Glad I never accidentally boom!

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
oh, I thought I had this distinguished between the two, that may be my fault if I used the wrong ID. I can't wait for block states...

Oops, yup... I had never tried with the lit furnace, I just assumed it exploded either way. Double checking the config (and then testing it) shows that ONLY the unlit furnace ignites gasses, not the lit one.

For anyone who cares to "fix" their config, seeing how there won't be a new 1.6.4 BnB, open the BloodNBones\minecraft\config\gasesFramework.cfg file and change '61' to '62' in the additionalIgnitionBlocks section.[DOUBLEPOST=1411606986][/DOUBLEPOST]
Glad I never accidentally boom!

Wish I could say the same. o_O

Reactions: MarcNemesis

Sim...

Jul 29, 2019
I've noticed now a quite significant drop in mob spawns over time. The first time it happened I reset with a /cofh killall but I've noticed a drop off again. I'm pretty sure now it's a result of of the dungeons and creepers. The creepers explode the blocks and the mobs pick those blocks up and don't despawn. Often they end up trapped in packs at the end of water streams and eventually they exceed the mob cap.

I'm also concerned that I am missing something. I've been playing in my LP world for quite a while now and I have yet to have an invasion. Is there a config option that I am missing or was there a change at some point.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019

Now here is a written graphical representation of @Eyamaz mind state :: "Muahaha, i'm gonna make it so gas explode when inactive furnace are near and if/when someone complain, i'm gonna blame it on functionnality and say i 'might' of made a mistake."

^_^

Edit: Changed the word "Coal" to "Gas"

Last edited:
Reactions: Eyamaz

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
I've noticed now a quite significant drop in mob spawns over time. The first time it happened I reset with a /cofh killall but I've noticed a drop off again. I'm pretty sure now it's a result of of the dungeons and creepers. The creepers explode the blocks and the mobs pick those blocks up and don't despawn. Often they end up trapped in packs at the end of water streams and eventually they exceed the mob cap.

I'm also concerned that I am missing something. I've been playing in my LP world for quite a while now and I have yet to have an invasion. Is there a config option that I am missing or was there a change at some point.
With me, it is the opposite. I would see 3-4 mobs around my base at night and with the new version I have dozens!

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using Tapatalk

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Just in case some of you actually read a post i made about Optifine not working well in 1.1.3 & 1.1.5, please forget about it. I deleted the post in question because it turns out my PC got infected with a Spyware or something else. I have since fixed the problem and reinstalled Optifine and have not encountered any lag problem comming from it. I apologize for the wrong information.