Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
It may be kicking puppies ......./quote]

Puppies shouldn't play BNB, and if they do, they can get used to the taste of boot now and then :)

One of our server rules is "no complaining". I've had to do a few /kick and /mute to some people. Getting angry when you die in bnb is just a waste of brain cells.

Last edited:

O-120

Jul 29, 2019
I think i'm going to play this. But i'm not that type of person that likes to die. Should i play it? i hope that it's some servers if it's as hard as i think. so if you have a server and would welcome me then i'm very thankfull... (yeah, i'm going to die)

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, possibly because it's evil and causes pain.
Iunno.... Enviromine seemed more inconvenient than evil when I was playing with it in another pack.

Having to drink water was annoying, not any level of difficult.
Insanity from being hurt/darkness was again just annoying, as it messed up your screen and made it even harder to see(although the monster noises were cool).
Temperature was kind of interesting, as needing to keep warm in the snow or cool in the desert makes sense.
Air quality was definitely one of the most annoying things, and would be horrible in a pack like BnB where you already have enough things to worry about while mining.
Physics are cool, never seen em happen in Enviromine apart from sand and gravel, but they are cool(also is added by other mods).
Villager shafts were definitely something I enjoyed, just because it added more to the world(even if the chests inside them were a bit strange).

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Iunno.... Enviromine seemed more inconvenient than evil when I was playing with it in another pack.

Having to drink water was annoying, not any level of difficult.
Insanity from being hurt/darkness was again just annoying, as it messed up your screen and made it even harder to see(although the monster noises were cool).
Temperature was kind of interesting, as needing to keep warm in the snow or cool in the desert makes sense.
Air quality was definitely one of the most annoying things, and would be horrible in a pack like BnB where you already have enough things to worry about while mining.
Physics are cool, never seen em happen in Enviromine apart from sand and gravel, but they are cool(also is added by other mods).
Villager shafts were definitely something I enjoyed, just because it added more to the world(even if the chests inside them were a bit strange).

What it does is add several small annoyances that you have to keep track of, and they quickly become easy to handle....and then you screw up. And it's horrible, and you scream. And mobs exploit your screw up. And you lose your gear. So just like a lot of the rest of BnB. :)

-Water can be a real problem early on, until you get camel packs and a base. Some biomes don't have good water. Ocean and beach especially. Later on, water and heat have some nice interactions between water cooling heat and heat making you drink a lot more.

-Insanity is a pain. I've gone days while insane and hearing cool noises and making imaginary friends...and then a creeper turns out to be real. :) But at least you aren't insane then.

-Temp becomes very difficult mining near lava, making you need a lot more water. Or, while traveling by water or cold biomes, forcing you to stop and warm up.

-Physics has several levels. The basics is that sand/gravel and dirt near water (or in rain) tend to run down hill. It happens when a block updates, like you stepping on a steep hill covered in sand :) The other effects can be configured for how much of a span each material group (strong, normal etc.) will hold up blocks. Cobblestone sucks for roofs. Stone is better. Wood planks best. You end up making a lot of pillars and arches. Actually makes for better buildings.

I like enviormine because instead of adding a massive and obvious danger (mobs spawn like crazy, no natural healing), it adds a lot of small factors that add difficulty and slowly chip away at you. They can be countered, but at the cost of time and resources, and paying attention.

Booyadude

Jul 29, 2019
Boy, I've heard of flowers and tall grass generating in caves underground, but this is a whole other level of persistence. Life truly does find a way.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
It sure would be nice to have a mod that shows extra info in armor tooltips. The amount of armor it gives, durability, enchantability, etc.... It's kinda impossible without google to properly compare different armors at the moment in this pack.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
It sure would be nice to have a mod that shows extra info in armor tooltips. The amount of armor it gives, durability, enchantability, etc.... It's kinda impossible without google to properly compare different armors at the moment in this pack.

what are you getting at sir...
1.1 is done

now if you have something for 2.0, well its not like I don't talk to you everyday :p

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
what are you getting at sir...
1.1 is done

now if you have something for 2.0, well its not like I don't talk to you everyday :p
It is a 2.0 suggestion :p. Thought I would be public about it rather than secret. A community of opinions > 2 peoples opinions. :p Besides, I don't even know if such a mod exists!

EDIT: I think it's safe to assume that all suggestions are about 2.0+ at this point, seeing as how we aren't working on 1.1 anymore. :p

Reactions: Eyamaz

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
It is a 2.0 suggestion :p. Thought I would be public about it rather than secret. A community of opinions > 2 peoples opinions. :p Besides, I don't even know if such a mod exists!

EDIT: I think it's safe to assume that all suggestions are about 2.0+ at this point, seeing as how we aren't working on 1.1 anymore. :p
Just to see how heavy your arguement about community is. I say we all vote for a 1.1.6 Just for the sake of fun ;D

Edit: Been having a couple of like lately from both @Eyamaz and @Blargerist but at this point, if there was a "unlike" button, i'm pretty sure they'd push it lol.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Just to see how heavy your arguement about community is. I say we all vote for a 1.1.6 Just for the sake of fun ;D

Edit: Been having a couple of like lately from both @Eyamaz and @Blargerist but at this point, if there was a "unlike" button, i'm pretty sure they'd push it lol.
Eyamaz, get the FTB forum team on the job! We need that unlike button!