Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

atomicgermx69

Jul 29, 2019
Are they also Invaders proof or you have Hostile Worlds turned off?

no its on ....we have had only one breach early on but the quicksand pits on the inside walls held them back ( adding quicksand pits on your inside walls is a great back up btw) .... just keep no light sources on out side walls keep all light source in side of base area only ......if you really want a save walls in ground area ....out side of wall dig deep pit like a moat then your compressed cobble stone high walls as a door way out use trap doors and use trap doors as bridge then Quicksand pit at least 2 block deep we went 4 on inside wall ...then if all that fails you have the sky base to retreat to in the walled in area :D

Last edited:

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
My understanding is that he intends to use enviromines gravity features. In short unsupported blocks tend to fall.

atomicgermx69

Jul 29, 2019
How cruel would be with Enviromine gravity, meteors and Hostile World?

Very.......... so what I would do instead of sky base to start off with ..... Water base dirt walls to start aka no grass :p then a small compressed cobble stone ceiling for base top (in water very small chance of meteor hit) the rest under water with dirt to start work down to bottom mining shafts from there with trap doors etc. the only real problem will be protecting your farm field (Crops )in the start and having it away from main base .;) but I better shut up and not give you know who any ideas :D

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
You could still do a skybase, just more work and support needed. 1 Block pillar. Then an inverted pyramid.Use wood since it holds better, until you get big enough. Much more work, still doable

Reactions: atomicgermx69

JeremyTheObscure

Jul 29, 2019
You already spawn with 3 hearts and 3 hunger on hard mode... right?
I think the idea is to help punish shenanigans such as killing yourself to reset the food journal.

The other option is to lock it into hardcore mode. ;)

Edit: Forgot the original suggestion's wording, which obviated a concern now deleted.

Last edited:

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Ooh, I know of no mod that does this.... but to avoid the early game suicide to restore hunger strategy. Add a small RNG that the beds spawn location doesn't work...... if your number comes up you'll spawn randomly 1-5 K from your spawn point....... set rng chance low enough that you won't hit it often under "normal" circumstances but you better not tempt fate by intentionally killing your toon every 5 minutes.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Ooh, I know of no mod that does this.... but to avoid the early game suicide to restore hunger strategy. Add a small RNG that the beds spawn location doesn't work...... if your number comes up you'll spawn randomly 1-5 K from your spawn point....... set rng chance low enough that you won't hit it often under "normal" circumstances but you better not tempt fate by intentionally killing your toon every 5 minutes.

I originally had it set so that you would spawn randomly within ~400 blocks of your bed any time you died, as well as spawning you randomly within ~2K blocks of world spawn. The first was ok for a bit, the second caused horrendous lag for SSP due to worldgen.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
One thought though. The people using this strategy are in pretty rough shape.... the game is playing them, rather than them playing the game. This is a pretty distastful strategy, but players using it are likley not in good shape to get themselves "nerfed". It may be kicking puppies to put too many barriers around the tactic.

W

WillThGreat

Episode 8 published a few moments ago. I sped up the mining chunks and added some music because the episode would've been pretty short. (Just for you, Blargerist :) ) Then I realized it was getting too long, so I stopped. Basically, there's two songs toward the beginning and none at the middle and end. Anyway, I'm pretty satisfied with the progress I've made, hence the title of the episode. I'm pretty anxious to record Episode 9.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
If killing yourself to reset food history is a real problem, you could use
Code:
food.history.persists.through.death=true
:)

I was actually going to do this. I decided against it though that was pre flint-mattock. At the time it was a bit too harsh with farming being pushed back. Dying and loosing your stuff was already a chore. As cruel as I am, there has to be some chance of progression or there would be no point on playing.

though, with earlier farms possible, this option wouldn't be so harsh anymore.

Reactions: atomicgermx69

atomicgermx69

Jul 29, 2019
One thought though. The people using this strategy are in pretty rough shape.... the game is playing them, rather than them playing the game. This is a pretty distastful strategy, but players using it are likley not in good shape to get themselves "nerfed". It may be kicking puppies to put too many barriers around the tactic.

I don't like that comment against some of my ppl on some of my BNB server ...I got news for you buck-0 I have ran 10 live servers at one time and always have supported my ppl 's . I have seen a lot when it come to what ppl's can find and do with Mod's and mod packs that the creator didn't for see or not intended . Me and some of the PPl were having fun with it after all it is a game right, but if you don't like some of my players Strategies I don't really care it's there game to play.

Last edited:

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I don't like that comment against some of my ppl on some of my BNB server ...I got news for you buck-0 I have ran 10 live servers at one time and always have supported my ppl 's . I have seen a lot when it come to what ppl's can find and do with Mod's and mod packs that the creator didn't for see or not intended . Me and some of the PPl were having fun with it after all it is a game right, but if you don't like some of my players Strategies I don't really care it's there game to play.
You dislike the fact that I called slaughtering your toon so you can regen a bit of health and hunger distasteful..... well, your welcome to play the game as you want but I will always call it extremley distastefull to kill your toon over and over again. I really don't care how many servers you run, I'm still allowed to stand behind that buck-o!!!!!!

This'll be my last post on this specific issue, I doubt we'll come to a conclusion and would rather not tie up the thread.

atomicgermx69

Jul 29, 2019
You dislike the fact that I called slaughtering your toon so you can regen a bit of health and hunger distasteful..... well, your welcome to play the game as you want but I will always call it extremley distastefull to kill your toon over and over again. I really don't care how many servers you run, I'm still allowed to stand behind that buck-o!!!!!!

This'll be my last post on this specific issue, I doubt we'll come to a conclusion and would rather not tie up the thread.

This will be my last post response to yours I will not tie this up either ..... you are welcome to a respectful opinion . I will never tell any player how he or she should play there Toon or game or have someone tell me what I can't do that is not a legit exploit or bug exploit....period. ;) I mean wow......... whats next using a silk touch in the nether ores is a exploit and distasteful , that what ppl's are doing now to work around the improved explosion rate in last update . Players are always finding legit ways around things...:eek:

Last edited: