Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
I've noticed now a quite significant drop in mob spawns over time. The first time it happened I reset with a /cofh killall but I've noticed a drop off again. I'm pretty sure now it's a result of of the dungeons and creepers. The creepers explode the blocks and the mobs pick those blocks up and don't despawn. Often they end up trapped in packs at the end of water streams and eventually they exceed the mob cap.

I'm also concerned that I am missing something. I've been playing in my LP world for quite a while now and I have yet to have an invasion. Is there a config option that I am missing or was there a change at some point.

I was wondering why my night times near my base seem to be safer lately.

I haven't seen one either.

I did experiment in a creative world and the digger invader will give up when mining obsidian or 4x compressed cobble or higher. So, if you can catch one, they make pretty impressive chunk loaders.

Reactions: Anesos
W

WillThGreat

That's an interesting series. I didn't know you could make a Stone Crusher, I thought that the easiest machine is the Grind Stone.
Thanks! But yes, crushers are a thing you can make. You can upgrade it initially from Stone to Copper to Bronze and so forth to increase the speed of the crushing. It's quite a handy block.

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering why my night times near my base seem to be safer lately.

I haven't seen one either.

I did experiment in a creative world and the digger invader will give up when mining obsidian or 4x compressed cobble or higher. So, if you can catch one, they make pretty impressive chunk loaders.
Dang... now why didn't I think of that?! Hmm... how does one make an zombie miner trap...?

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Place a villager on top of a block of cobble. Double bait for a zombie miner.

Btw, is it normal for TiC arrows to somehow dupe themselves?

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, there are issues with TiC arrows, but please don't post specific details here in the public. This isn't easily fixed so it's up to the player to choose not to cheat... :)

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, there are issues with TiC arrows, but please don't post specific details here in the public. This isn't easily fixed so it's up to the player to choose not to cheat... :)
How come I've never found this one? I make some nice high damage arrows and then slowly lose them one at a time even though they're supposed to be recoverable...

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
So.... Gases in the nether... Any tip to deal with them besides avoiding them?

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using Tapatalk

xcuad

Jul 29, 2019
ok... i need some help... i went to my first trip to the nether and is insane... I spawn in a big dark room full on soulsand (slow movement)... almost a minute after spawn a big thing spawn and try to kill me... wall myself and kill it.. light part of the room and try to get some redstone... just mine 3 pieces a hear a ignite sound... turn around to kill the "creeper" just to see the explosion in my face of the REDSTONE... I mean, wasn't gas or anything like it... i say fine.. let me get some nether quarks... mine just ONE and it explode... How can I mine something if everything i try just explode... and lets just don't talk about the mobs that come after that... run scare to the room with the portal to find a fucking creepy spider and some dude that take all the torches and shoot me... after that I give up... came back to the overworld... break the portal and cry in my new presser (the only good thing that came from that)

sisho

Jul 29, 2019
ok... i need some help... i went to my first trip to the nether and is insane... I spawn in a big dark room full on soulsand (slow movement)... almost a minute after spawn a big thing spawn and try to kill me... wall myself and kill it.. light part of the room and try to get some redstone... just mine 3 pieces a hear a ignite sound... turn around to kill the "creeper" just to see the explosion in my face of the REDSTONE... I mean, wasn't gas or anything like it... i say fine.. let me get some nether quarks... mine just ONE and it explode... How can I mine something if everything i try just explode... and lets just don't talk about the mobs that come after that... run scare to the room with the portal to find a fucking creepy spider and some dude that take all the torches and shoot me... after that I give up... came back to the overworld... break the portal and cry in my new presser (the only good thing that came from that)

You pretty much just have to be ready for the nether, fully decked out in armor and all that good stuff. ALL nether ores have a percentage chance to explode, the best you can do it mine what you can out of a vein, and the moment you hear the hiss look quickly to see if you can see smoke coming off one of the ores. That is the one that will explode. If you can break it fast enough it will stop. If you don't think you can stop it within 3 seconds, get away from it quickly. That's just how you have to play in the nether. Besides with full Damascus Steel armor (Best non enchanted armor you can get really pre-nether easily), the explosion won't even break through your armor absorption and hurt you even at point blank range. Fire might possibly bring you down but yeah, you just have to be cautious in the nether, and do not go too far from your portal unless you are comfortable with it. It is easier to make mineshafts in the nether than to hunt out in the open (less mobs to deal with in general)

So that's the best advice I can give you. The modpack is supposed to be super hard, that's the whole point really.

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019

Put a quicksand moat around both nether portals and trap door bridges. Those Belps spawn in the portal.

The ores from the "Nether Ores" mod and Nether Quartz have a chance to blow up, unless you use a silk touch pick.

Good Luck.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
break the portal and cry in my new presser (the only good thing that came from that)
The tears? :D

My plan of attack is to bring some compressed cobblestone and mine through a window of that. Unless you can't place compressed cobblestone in the nether, in which case the creator is truly evil.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
What if blocks which are not native to the nether, and therefore not used to the heat, melted when placed in the nether...? :p

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I think there would be an awful lot of people weeping after the update...... nothing like having your entire netherbase/minning operation becoming a lava pool

dseraphm

Jul 29, 2019
Hello hello,
Been playing for a while, but just now becoming a first time poster.
I recently had a crash issue that ended up deleting my world from single player mode selection and I'm not sure what to do from there.
This would be the crashlog that showed up after
Any tips?

Attachments

• crash-2014-09-26_17.21.54-server.txt
    31.4 KB · Views: 48

dseraphm

Jul 29, 2019
These are also crash logs that led up to the former if that helps

Attachments

• crash-2014-09-26_14.14.28-server.txt
    31.3 KB · Views: 47
  • crash-2014-09-26_14.23.10-server.txt
    31.2 KB · Views: 62
  • crash-2014-09-26_14.53.50-server.txt
    31.2 KB · Views: 50
  • crash-2014-09-26_16.57.28-server.txt
    31.2 KB · Views: 55

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Is bonemealing grass supposed to be enabled? I had forgotten to try that until now, and the results are pretty crazy. Tons of food, fruit saplings and seeds.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
The tears? :D

My plan of attack is to bring some compressed cobblestone and mine through a window of that. Unless you can't place compressed cobblestone in the nether, in which case the creator is truly evil.
What if blocks which are not native to the nether, and therefore not used to the heat, melted when placed in the nether...? :p

390px-Mr_Burns_evil.gif

http://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/2hfqnc/requested_mod_dimensionguard_disables_block/

Reactions: Blargerist

sisho

Jul 29, 2019
Is bonemealing grass supposed to be enabled? I had forgotten to try that until now, and the results are pretty crazy. Tons of food, fruit saplings and seeds.

Yes it is supposed to be active. The general point is if you have enough bone meal to be spamming on grass then good for you! Eyamaz made me spam like 2 stacks of bone meal on grass to try to fill his ridiculously large farm >.> *whispers* the farm is over 1000 blocks.....I think he's compensating shhhhhhh