Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Do large farms cause lag? I swear its gotta be this thing lagging me or something in a really nearby chunk, this is on one side of my base and if I get near enough to it my FPS gets cut down from 60fps to 20fps.

SW6c77T.jpg

And yes those are lily pads of fertility from xenos reliquary. Vacuum chests at the top sucks everything up.
If those harvesters are constantly going, then yes, your computer will suffer greatly.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
They are, are harvesters that bad? Any alternatives?
It's not the harvesters themselves that are the problem. It's the constant breaking of the plants and the particle effects from it. It'd be like if you had 4 stacks of breaker pluses from Quarry + going constantly.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019

Ender IO farms, forestry farms, vanilla semi-auto farms, golems this is all I can think if right now...

----------------------------------------------------
Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

xyzzy75

Jul 29, 2019

I've found that you have to choose between large and unaccelerated or small and accelerated if you want to avoid FPS problems with farms. You've got lilypads, lamps of growth, and a gigantic farm. Another option is to use AE and a redstone signal delivered by a level emitter to turn off the farms when you have enough of.. whatever you're growing there. I usually make several small farms with moderate acceleration (via fert dirt, fertilizer, and/or blood magic or similar) and level emitters to maintain a minimum stock in my AE system.

Reactions: Wagon153

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, no matter what HQM configs I add in I always crash on world load.

Is there no way to get HQM working on a survival only map? If I start it without the configs it works fine but I obviously have no quests to do or any item bags to grab.

Using 1.7.10
Look at the HQM configs and check to see if server sync is true...if it is and it is a single player world I have noticed you will crash as it appears to only be meant for a true server.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
I've found that you have to choose between large and unaccelerated or small and accelerated if you want to avoid FPS problems with farms. You've got lilypads, lamps of growth, and a gigantic farm. Another option is to use AE and a redstone signal delivered by a level emitter to turn off the farms when you have enough of.. whatever you're growing there. I usually make several small farms with moderate acceleration (via fert dirt, fertilizer, and/or blood magic or similar) and level emitters to maintain a minimum stock in my AE system.

Hmm, the problem is I need enough to fuel my culinary generators so the farm kinda has to be that big.

Currently trying to power 9 64x generators and a stack of stuffed eggplants only fuel them for a little under 2 minutes.

So I need to grow 9 stacks of each crop every 2 minutes.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, the problem is I need enough to fuel my culinary generators so the farm kinda has to be that big.

Currently trying to power 9 64x generators and a stack of stuffed eggplants only fuel them for a little under 2 minutes.

So I need to grow 9 stacks of each crop every 2 minutes.
Why not move the farm to another dimension?

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a solution to NEI being very very slow. Takes 20 seconds for a search result to come up.

Just bough new CPU and got 8gb ram and new motherboard and a high end gpu. Is it computer based?
Can i speed it up somehow?

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a solution to NEI being very very slow. Takes 20 seconds for a search result to come up.

Just bough new CPU and got 8gb ram and new motherboard and a high end gpu. Is it computer based?
Can i speed it up somehow?

I found using an older build of it works fine.

PokeMaserJ

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone help me with this crash? I was playing it just fine earlier today, now can't get on the world. Didn't change anything, not mod version, not forge version, nothing.

Attachments

• crash-2014-10-23_18.34.18-client.txt
    28.1 KB · Views: 50

johnnypebs

Jul 29, 2019
Probably a really simple question about AE pattern encoding. If a crafting recipe takes any kind of something to produce the output, how do you encode the pattern to not just use the type you encode it with?

Wow, that's really poorly worded. For example: You can use two of any type of wood planks to craft four sticks, but if you encode the pattern using oak planks, it's going to try to use oak planks every time and stall if you happen to be out of oak, even if you have a crapton of say... jungle planks.

Do you just need to encode a pattern using each type of wood plank?

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone help me with this crash? I was playing it just fine earlier today, now can't get on the world. Didn't change anything, not mod version, not forge version, nothing.
Well, either the minecraft servers are down, or your minecraft install is corrupted. All the errors point to not being able to find a file to load minecraft (not mod related)

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Probably a really simple question about AE pattern encoding. If a crafting recipe takes any kind of something to produce the output, how do you encode the pattern to not just use the type you encode it with?
Yes, that's a really simple question. Sadly, the answer is "you can't". It will use the ore dictionary to find alternative crafting ingredients, so that Dark Glass and Thickened Glass that you spent loads of time and resources making might well get used to make ordinary glass panes.

johnnypebs

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, that's a really simple question. Sadly, the answer is "you can't". It will use the ore dictionary to find alternative crafting ingredients, so that Dark Glass and Thickened Glass that you spent loads of time and resources making might well get used to make ordinary glass panes.
So then in my sticks example above, even though I used Oak Planks to encode the pattern, it's just looking for 'plankWood', and not specifically Oak Planks, correct? So, if I tell it to craft 10 stacks of sticks and I've got 3 oak planks and 700 jungle planks, it will complete the job and not stall?

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
So then in my sticks example above, even though I used Oak Planks to encode the pattern, it's just looking for 'plankWood', and not specifically Oak Planks, correct? So, if I tell it to craft 10 stacks of sticks and I've got 3 oak planks and 700 jungle planks, it will complete the job and not stall?

Yes

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Oh, I see, I misread your question, I thought you only wanted it to use exactly the right thing. I bought a couple of stacks of each type of Forestry wood from a villager, and then accidentally crafted most of it into pistons and doors and such and was really annoyed.

What it will not do is follow a two-step oredict chain, e.g. if you have crafting table set up to use four oak planks, then it won't craft jungle wood into planks and use those. If you happen to have jungle planks in the system then it will use them, but it won't craft them like it would craft oak planks.