Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Quayludious

Jul 29, 2019
Is an MFR grinder incapable of killing a wither boss? I've tried it from a few locations (low/high) and when the cycle eventually comes around the wither doesn't take any damage. Eventually it gets bored and shoots a couple of times and blows the grinder up.

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Why isn't this connecting?

Looks legit to me .. and I tried a tonne of different ways. Bugging out?

kgf4yXV.png

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Do we need additional moderators on this board to help clean up all the worthless spam threads?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
georgeaq Blackburn is just trying to feed the forum goers. and improve their muscle mass.

edit: is anyone reporting any of these (I have reportd one)

I report every one I see, even if it may have been reported before... That way I know it's been done.

One thing I've seen in other forums to curb this kind of spam is to force the first few posts by new accounts into a "moderator only" area for review before being approved for public view... That way spamming accounts can be removed before the readers are annoyed.

Of course, us spelling/grammar/style n@zis like to have fun finding nonsensical phrases in some of the camouflage text in these posts... :D

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Or a better filter.
Heh yeah atm if we could just filter out any posts containing the word "muscle" we would be spam free :p

One thing I've seen in other forums to curb this kind of spam is to force the first few posts by new accounts into a "moderator only" area for review before being approved for public view... That way spamming accounts can be removed before the readers are annoyed.
I LOVE this method... from a users point of view. I would HATE it as a moderator on a "semi busy"+ forum :p

Reactions: Padfoote

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Heh yeah atm if we could just filter out any posts containing the word "muscle" we would be spam free :p

Yeah. What do words like "Muscle", "Exercise", "Nutrition" and "Enlargement" have to do with a gaming forum anyway? :D

I LOVE this method... from a users point of view. I would HATE it as a moderator on a "semi busy"+ forum :p

I was only stating something I've seen working elsewhere. I didn't expect a sort of Spanish Inquisition... :D

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019

It could get pretty bad from a users perspective if the moderator responsibilities are not well covered. I'd wager many players first post on the forum is "help" my game crashed here is a crash log. Already they are throwing themselves upon the mercy of the community to help them out..... which can take time, now you may be adding hours or even days before the first post is approved.

Reactions: rhn

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
It could get pretty bad from a users perspective if the moderator responsibilities are not well covered. I'd wager many players first post on the forum is "help" my game crashed here is a crash log. Already they are throwing themselves upon the mercy of the community to help them out..... which can take time, now you may be adding hours or even days before the first post is approved.
Yeah this is very true. It only works well for the user with very active moderators.

Had this experience about a week ago on the ComputerCraft forum. Had only 1:3 posts required to be checked by moderators first when I made a post to get help with a script. Took half a day+ to get the thread opened and then equally long(if not longer) to post comment/follow-up questions once someone responded.

Keeshi

Jul 29, 2019
Quick Question; I'm REALLY loving the Epicraft mod pack's item progression with the tinkers tools and such...

Could anyone help me figure out which mods do this? I would kill to make a lightly modded version of my own for 1.6.4 and these would be 100% perfect.

Edit; Or if you know of another modpack(anywhere) that has the same kind of progression.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Quick Question; I'm REALLY loving the Epicraft mod pack's item progression with the tinkers tools and such...

Could anyone help me figure out which mods do this? I would kill to make a lightly modded version of my own for 1.6.4 and these would be 100% perfect.

Edit; Or if you know of another modpack(anywhere) that has the same kind of progression.
I have yet to play epicraft, but I believe it's tool progression is based on Tinkers construct, iguana tweaks for tinkers, and a couples other ticon related mods.

Regarding other packs check out blood and bones, crash landing, and I believe magic farm(2)