Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Thanks for your answer.
This is my setup
http://prntscr.com/4fepsf
I activate the procss of running the machine by level emitters on the export busses.
I dont use redstone on the machine themselfe.
So it does not matter if i switch the settings in the bus and the emitter.

http://prntscr.com/4feqan
http://prntscr.com/4feqe3
Try switching the redstone modes anyway, if you haven't already, at least on the buses and emitters on the machines that are giving you problems.

Here's my reasoning:

Say you've got an export bus set to run without a redstone signal, and a level emitter set to emit a signal when there are more than however many items in the network.

There are more than however many of those items in the network, so the emitter is on and the bus was off.

Now, as the network boots up after having something added to it, I'm guessing that the AE activates all the machines in it in some arbitrary order. The export bus might come online before the level emitter, so it's not being given a signal quite yet. Since it's not being turned off (yet), it might decide to go ahead and export a stack of items. Then, later, AE gets around to activating the level emitter, which then starts emitting a redstone signal and prevents the bus from exporting any more items. But, it had already exported that stack or items, and there's nothing it can do about that now.

However, if you swap the redstone modes, the bus won't turn on until it actually gets a redstone signal from the level emitter. The worst that could happen in this case, since the bus defaults to "off" instead of "on", is the bus might take a bit longer to actually start running if you reboot the network while it's trying to produce more items.

If this fix works, I would call this a minor bug that I would recommend reporting to Algorithm if AE1 was still being actively updated. But, since he's moved onto AE2 now, I probably wouldn't bother. Unless, of course, the bug still exists in the latest AE2 release... [Requires testing with export buses, level emitters, and chests.]

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
Try switching the redstone modes anyway, if you haven't already, at least on the buses and emitters on the machines that are giving you problems.

Here's my reasoning:

Say you've got an export bus set to run without a redstone signal, and a level emitter set to emit a signal when there are more than however many items in the network.

There are more than however many of those items in the network, so the emitter is on and the bus was off.

Now, as the network boots up after having something added to it, I'm guessing that the AE activates all the machines in it in some arbitrary order. The export bus might come online before the level emitter, so it's not being given a signal quite yet. Since it's not being turned off (yet), it might decide to go ahead and export a stack of items. Then, later, AE gets around to activating the level emitter, which then starts emitting a redstone signal and prevents the bus from exporting any more items. But, it had already exported that stack or items, and there's nothing it can do about that now.

However, if you swap the redstone modes, the bus won't turn on until it actually gets a redstone signal from the level emitter. The worst that could happen in this case, since the bus defaults to "off" instead of "on", is the bus might take a bit longer to actually start running if you reboot the network while it's trying to produce more items.

If this fix works, I would call this a minor bug that I would recommend reporting to Algorithm if AE1 was still being actively updated. But, since he's moved onto AE2 now, I probably wouldn't bother. Unless, of course, the bug still exists in the latest AE2 release... [Requires testing with export buses, level emitters, and chests.]

I have tried now to have the level emitter on both redstone signal types and the export bus on the opposit as you suggested.
Sadly none of the alternatives fix the problem. As soon as a ME cable or anything is aded to the network it restarts and all export buses put items into the machine.

I guess there are no solution to this.

Im a bit surprised however, i have been playing with AE on several servers and this is the first time this happens.

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
When updating Mods in a modpack. Is there something i should know... like is it safe to update Ender IO mod from an older version toa newer or can this cause problems. Ofc i am only looking at version supported by the MC version i am running (1.6.4).

For example currently i am running Ender IO 1.0.0.343.jar
And on the download page for 1.6.4 MC there is a release called 1.0.6

lumien

Jul 29, 2019
I gots a question. I've tried googling it for a half hour, and found absolutely nothing useful. How do you charge the white stone from random things? I know what it does, but I have no idea how to charge it up. I think it has something to do with the imbuing station, but I have no clue.

Go outside on a full moon :)

Reactions: goreae

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
You forgot 1.5.2: Unhinged for those who want Gregtech...
I just listed the ones in the "ultimate" series, as the large packs made for Slows maps. There are other packs for all versions yeah, but that was not what was being asked for.

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone explain to me how the power production of RF is really working....

At my base i have a Big Reactor (mod) that produce 2255 RF per tick.

That power goes direct into a Tesseract and is transported to my base.
It comes out from a tesseract and goes into 3 Resonant Energy Cells.

Each Cell is setup to take in power on one side and push out power on another.
It can take in 10k RF per tick and send out 9k RF per tick.

But if i lower the cells output from 9k to 0 on two of the cells and 3k on one. My system fails and stops. Cant use machines etc.

How can i run my machines etc on those cells when they are at 9k and not whit just one at 3k.

My own source of power is the big reactor and it produces 2.2k...

Please explain this to me

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I have tried now to have the level emitter on both redstone signal types and the export bus on the opposit as you suggested.
Sadly none of the alternatives fix the problem. As soon as a ME cable or anything is aded to the network it restarts and all export buses put items into the machine.

I guess there are no solution to this.

Im a bit surprised however, i have been playing with AE on several servers and this is the first time this happens.
Huh. Sounds like a bug to me... Have you tried updating AE?

When updating Mods in a modpack. Is there something i should know... like is it safe to update Ender IO mod from an older version toa newer or can this cause problems. Ofc i am only looking at version supported by the MC version i am running (1.6.4).

For example currently i am running Ender IO 1.0.0.343.jar
And on the download page for 1.6.4 MC there is a release called 1.0.6
There aren't usually problems caused by updating mods. If there are, the mod's download page should VERY CLEARLY announce that updating will cause trouble. However, you might still get ID conflicts, which the game should tell you about in the crash report.

Can someone explain to me how the power production of RF is really working....

At my base i have a Big Reactor (mod) that produce 2255 RF per tick.

That power goes direct into a Tesseract and is transported to my base.
It comes out from a tesseract and goes into 3 Resonant Energy Cells.

Each Cell is setup to take in power on one side and push out power on another.
It can take in 10k RF per tick and send out 9k RF per tick.

But if i lower the cells output from 9k to 0 on two of the cells and 3k on one. My system fails and stops. Cant use machines etc.

How can i run my machines etc on those cells when they are at 9k and not whit just one at 3k.

My own source of power is the big reactor and it produces 2.2k...

Please explain this to me
Are you sure that all the energy isn't just going into the other two cells?

If if they can't accept power (i.e. because they're full or their inputs are disabled as well as their outputs), what tier of conduits are you using and, more importantly, how much power can they transfer?
If they're capped at 1000 RF/t, then no matter what you set your energy cells to, each face of each cell won't be able to transfer more than 1k RF/t.
Have you tried setting all three cells to 1k RF/t?

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
Huh. Sounds like a bug to me... Have you tried updating AE?

Afaik i have the latest AE version on my server.
appeng-rv14-finale3-mc16x
For MC 1.6.4

Thanks for the info regarding updating mods

Donno what happend to the energy cells.. I broke everything and replaced and restarted the server. Then it works again just fine.
Now i do have my cells at 1k each and will push them up when i upgrade the reactor.

pjfranke

Jul 29, 2019
How can i setup a ME system (from Applied Energistic) to autocraft for me. Not the big computer thing with recipes. I mean "maintain x amount of y item at all times"

For example i want to always have 10 chests in my system. How can i setup with level emitters that the system automatically craft chests when needed?
[snip]
I have tested this several times and every time i ad some part to my ME system, not all but some pulverizers and furnaces starts to run. The me system dup in just 1 stack of each item, nothing more. Why is this?

A little late to the party, but I normally respond from mobile and didn't have screenshots available. This is the way I solved that issue, and don't have your 2nd noted issue with it: http://imgur.com/WkXY0Hu,UVmVILW,cdZMZXh,xGybyJs#0

First picture (http://imgur.com/WkXY0Hu) is my "maintain levels" system. Precision export busses are feeding straight into ME ints, set to "craft only" mode, with the item I want to maintain set as the export, active on redstone signal. The level emitters are set to emit redstone signal when levels are below my set threshold.

Second and third picture (http://imgur.com/UVmVILW,cdZMZXh#0) is the other half of that system. ME interfaces have patterns for the required items that need additional processing, e.g. sand into glass via a furnace. The items get pushed up, processed, then feed back down and into the ME network via the itemducts. For crafting only items like your chest example, the emitter setup above still works, you just don't need it in an ME interface anywhere; it uses the recipe already in the MAC.

Forth picture (http://imgur.com/xGybyJs) is from a different map, and how I use level emitters close to machines. This furnace is setup as above on the bottom/left side, but the right is different. I think I just threw this on before adding the above style system to this network, and saw no reason to change it. The ME interface is maintaining a full stack of sand exported. The itemducts are set to redstone high, stack size 1. The level emitter is set to emit redstone signal when levels of glass are below 64. When it runs, I may end up with ~70 glass, but that's acceptable.

I confirmed your issue, and as another poster already suggested ensuring you don't have the emitters ON when above levels (where they blink when the network resets), my setup with redstone signal OFF when above threshold, the emitters don't change state on network reset. The couple you see lit are unconfigured, so are having no effect.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
What is the optimum number of mining upgrades to put in a liquid transfer node?

You can have up to 256 (four stacks), but i'm not sure how many actually have an effect.

Reactions: E_DM_B

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
What is the optimum number of mining upgrades to put in a liquid transfer node?

You can have up to 256 (four stacks), but i'm not sure how many actually have an effect.
I believe you should stop upgrading it before you reach half a stack due to performance issues. And you would also need to balance the Mining upgrades with Speed upgrades to make it actually transfer the fluid faster somewhere. And consider keeping the length of the node network to a minimum to reduce the "scanning" needed.

Moreover I think anyone should consider if they really need to produce this much water continuously(and thereby cause that much load on the server/PC). Most builds can be made with less continuous production and an adequate sized buffer.

Reactions: gallowglass

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
<snip>

Moreover I think anyone should consider if they really need to produce this much water continuously(and thereby cause that much load on the server/PC). Most builds can be made with less continuous production and an adequate sized buffer.
One word: ReactorCraft.

In any case, throughput on liquid transfer nodes may be limited by the size of the buffer in the node itself. If the buffer fills up (even if only briefly) before all of your machines are full, add a few more speed upgrades or try to shorten the distance between the transfer node and the machines. If the machines at the end of the line still aren't getting enough water, add more mining upgrades.

I wouldn't worry about performance too much with transfer nodes. As item/fluid transport devices go, they're really very CPU-friendly. Much more so than BC pipes.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I wouldn't worry about performance too much with transfer nodes. As item/fluid transport devices go, they're really very CPU-friendly. Much more so than BC pipes.
Nah they are frequently reported as being really bad for performance in cases when people dumps lots of upgrades into them. At default or with very few upgrades, sure their simple scanning function is simple and not that resource intensive. But if people just blindly dumps stacks of upgrades into them, they will suffer performance losses on their PC/servers. Scanning along the length of nodes once per few seconds to deposit its relative small quantity of fluid is ok, it uses little resources. Having to scan the same length of nodes many times per tick with the same small(or actually even smaller the faster it goes...) quantity of fluid is a really bad solution for transferring large amounts of fluid.

When people are talking about needing to produce large amounts of water continuously this way, they usually need to do it for either BR turbines or Mekanism Salination plants. Both can be supplied it a much more resource friendly way:
Turbine: reuse your water through a high "packet" throughput transport means. Direct interface or Tesseracts are perfect for this.
Salination plant: Never used this myself but as far as I understand this only requires water during the day. So you have the entire nighttime to build up a buffer of water for the daytime. Therefore low-upgraded Transfer nodes should be plenty or maybe even just use a bank of Aqueous accumulators. Then transfer the water to the Salination plant during the day through a high throughput means similar to the turbines.

Reactions: Padfoote

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Well, this particular usage is for my reactorcraft fission reactor. It's a very basic setup, 3x3 square of fuel cores surrounded by two rows of steam boilers on each side. Underneath this I have 12 transfer nodes feeding water into an array of transfer pipes connected to all my boilers.

Each of my nodes currently has a stack of mining upgrades. I was unaware I needed a second type of upgrade to increase throughput...thanks for that bit of info :)

Basically, i'm aware my water supply is probably not optimised and I want to improve the situation since I'm going to essentially copy/paste a couple more of these setups (since i'm lazy, they work and they don't overheat and explode) to increase my output and make proper use of the HP turbine i'm replacing my basic turbines with.

It's a matter of resource efficiency ;)