Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

schyman

Jul 29, 2019
The ingame books and guides help, but may not be the droids you are looking for.

Yeah they provide some guidance but was looking for more details than that.

There is for the smaller tools, whereas its TE head durability Times the handle

Multiplyer to et the durability, and speed is determined by the head. The binding simply adds that effect, obsidian (reinforced 3) or paper (extra modifyer) are usually recommended.

As to which parts effect what in the new big tools,

I don't know.

I've begun to experiment and find out how that works, and found out a few things:

Durability seems to be the (toolhead plus large plates) multiplied by (arbitrary number) multiplied by (average of binding and rod handle modifiers).

Speed seems to be average of toolhead and large plates, mining level seems to be based on toolhead only, and abilities are gained from each single piece applied.

Note that for the large tools, the handle modifier of the binding affects durability, contrary to how it works on small tools.

For the hammer the (arbitrary number) is 3, for the lumber axe the (arbitrary number) is 2.8. Haven't checked others apart from that.

Note that the durabilities are insanely high (9 times for hammer, 5.6 times for lumber axe) so repairing is more expensive/slower than usual.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Just had to say. This is the most horribly inefficient thing Ive ever seen in my life.

But its beautiful. ;-; Are electrical engines good for what they do? Is using energy conduits any good? I originally had them powering a redstone cell into the pipe, but then I figured maybe I could power the pipe directly, and whoda thunk it? It works. Its like a beautifully ugly horribly inefficient bundle of energy. I almost want to make more machines that use this energy over my compressors and extractors because redstone energy pipes look so nice compared to glass fiber cables.

http://i.imgur.com/UEqctKJ.png

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
The general reason for use of single cells is due to them being FAR easier to automate, and because they won't continually consume copper each cycle.
GregTech makes the costs bearable due to lava centrifuging and by dramatically reducing the copper cost of multicells, but they still tend to be favoured for single cell designs due to this.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
The Buffer from tubestuff would work, not sure if you have that though.

The autarctic gate set to constantly pulse (redstone off=pulse) would be by far the simplest solution and guaranteed to work, and one can add additional wooden engines if more speed is needed.

The loaders themselves have an inventory, and this would be best tested in a creative mode world first, but this may be best.[DOUBLEPOST=1372594877][/DOUBLEPOST]Anyone know exactly what focuses for the MFR laser make it search for what?

I know someone did a big excell document in it, but its list somewhere deep in 200+ pages.
Finding and reporting that would be perfect.

Heliomance

Jul 29, 2019
I am using FTB light (1.4.7).

What exists that 1. Is an inventory that I can attach a wooden golem to, and 2. Ejects automatically into buildcraft tubes. ?

I first thought, 'relay' but that does not. But relay with an obsidian pipe one away does.... it's not elegant and it confuses the wooden golems.
Next thought, any chest, wooden pipe, autaurtic gate. If I get no better simple answer, I make this.
Railcraft unloaders, advanced unloaders. This would mean asking the golems to load into railcarts... (Nope, not valid.) ... unless you folks have a better way?

(no, FTB Light does not have tubestuff)

Buildcraft Hopper

Shenzo

Jul 29, 2019
I am using FTB 1.5.2 BETA pack - No greg tech
I've made a few lasers for the assembly table but when I connected it started to drain power from the network but it wasn't doing nothing
what can i do to stop it from draining power?
2013-06-30_21.21.01.png In this image I disconnected from the network
I need to learn how to use Spoilers

tindin

Jul 29, 2019
I am using FTB 1.5.2 BETA pack - No greg tech
I've made a few lasers for the assembly table but when I connected it started to drain power from the network but it wasn't doing nothing
In this image I disconnected from the network
I need to learn how to use Spoilers

how much energy where you giving it?

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone here use the secretroom mod? Its pissing me off trying to set down one way glass and Im wondering if there is an easier way to do it.

http://i.imgur.com/wX38qSt.jpg

My problem is the two stone blocks(Which are one way glass) They refuse to take the look of dirt no matter what I do. Same down the entire line. That one random glass block was some random miracle of luck that it looks like dirt.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Are there any decent Reactor set-ups for 1.5.2 or perhaps a few versions previous for high energy output, preferrably mark 1. All the designs I have seen so far have used singular uranium cells, no duals or quads. This is what I have found so far that I like. Guess I'll have to make multiples of these as they only output 230EU/t

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyo...2ua7moh5ovdbv81jhvdhheyzur5eeyrtsv4eaje4cem80

The answer to such a question depends entirely on whether or not you run GregTech.

And if you do, it depends entirely on which version of GregTech you are running.

And finally, it depends on how much nuclear fuel you have to burn. High EU/t is synonymous with low efficiency, meaning you burn through your cells quickly. High efficiency will give you lots of EU per cell, but EU/t will be lower because efficient cell setups run very hot.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
The GT player detector emits Redstone signal strength based on player proximity, so that could be used if your not into ComputerCraft/Dont have OpenCCSensprs in the pack your playing.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Small question. Whats the absolute fastest way to personally mine obsidian? Aka no quarreys/turtles/etc. I want to mine it myself but everything I have atm is slow. Any mod, I probably have it. Just dunno what items to use.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Small question. Whats the absolute fastest way to personally mine obsidian? Aka no quarreys/turtles/etc. I want to mine it myself but everything I have atm is slow. Any mod, I probably have it. Just dunno what items to use.
Fastest, but dang expensive: Vajra
Fast-ish, no diamonds required: RP2 Block Breaker + Button
Coolest: Wand of Equal Trade
What you'll probably end up using: Advanced Diamond Drill/MPS Power Tool (can be enchanted with Efficiency via book if you really want more speed)

rymmie1981

Jul 29, 2019

TConstruct Cobalt Pickaxe with maxed redstone upgrades. No contest.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Fastest, but dang expensive: Vajra
Fast-ish, no diamonds required: RP2 Block Breaker + Button
Coolest: Wand of Equal Trade
What you'll probably end up using: Advanced Diamond Drill/MPS Power Tool (can be enchanted with Efficiency via book if you really want more speed)

Waitwait. You can wand of equal trade obsidian!?

...What have I been doing with my life? I can just turn it to dirt then MPS it away. Im such a dummy, why didnt I think of that?