Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

koeer11

Jul 29, 2019
The mode switch key is mostly for IC2 stuff. You need to go into the MPS keybinding screen (default K) and assign a keybind.
Yes, I did that, but that key uses to turn on and off my jetpack.
but, I can't use my space key to fly with it :/

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I did that, but that key uses to turn on and off my jetpack.
but, I can't use my space key to fly with it :/
By default MPS flight goes where your camera is pointed. So while the jetpack is on look up and press W.

Much like the GraviChest you need to toggle the flight mode rather than just double tapping space like you would in creative.

koeer11

Jul 29, 2019
By default MPS flight goes where your camera is pointed. So while the jetpack is on look up and press W.

Much like the GraviChest you need to toggle the flight mode rather than just double tapping space like you would in creative.
well, the thing is, before I died and lost my powersuit torso, I had it so when I hold down space, It'd be turned on, when I let go, it'd be turned off, regardless of where I was looking or wether or not I was pressing w.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
well, the thing is, before I died and lost my powersuit torso, I had it so when I hold down space, It'd be turned on, when I let go, it'd be turned off, regardless of where I was looking or wether or not I was pressing w.
Wait, so what's your problem? Your first post on this subject asked how to change keybinds. Then you said you knew how to do that, but couldn't figure out how to fly. Now it sounds like you're talking about just having the jetpack and not flight control which is functionally pretty much identical to IC2/GraviSuite jetpacks.

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
What prevents a mod author from making a back door, a piece of code that scans a hard drive and sends them tax return information, etc?

gattsuru

May 25, 2013
What prevents a mod author from making a back door, a piece of code that scans a hard drive and sends them tax return information, etc?
Honesty, community, the difficulty of predicting where someone would save such files, and the extreme ease of decompiling even obfuscated Java.

At least a little more than most applications on the internet.

((That said, Java very, very badly needs a more secure sandbox and a more generally-applicable sandbox -- but the same is true for every other language, if not to the same degree.))

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
Sigh, I didn't want to do it but I guess I'll be playing modded minecraft from vmware now. It will be slower but safer. It's funny, I didn't even think about this until tonight when I was greeted with a wall of text from a mod author angry with another mod author. It was a simple abuse of the message system, but it set me to thinking about just how much trust I've been placing in total strangers. Thanks.

gattsuru

May 25, 2013
A full virtual machine may be overkill, from a security perspective, as well as come with unacceptable overhead. While implementing Java's SecurityManager is well outside of the scale of any home project, simply creating a separate username with highly limited file and process access rights will do a good deal -- JVM does have to respect the underlying file system security. This will also protect you from a lot of other attack vectors like exploits in Java applets, everything having to do with Flash, et cetera, although it's still a good idea to disable in-browser Java.

((In an ideal situation, you'd /also/ implement SecurityManager so that the Minecraft Instance can't get to files that you want Minecraft's user or loader to access, such as the lastlogin file. Retyping your password is probably a better option in the short term.))

This won't and can't prevent in-game actions, like rants in chat or bedrock-destroying explosive bees, which are the sort of actions we've seen from popular modders. But it's not bad to think about things from a security perspective.

Reactions: Fuzzlewhumper

cynric

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a simple way to autocraft energy conduits or cells (or any end product that requires resources in 2 different engines)? I could probably dump the empty conduit + redstone in one chest and use another system to pull the different materials into the correct machines, but is there a more elegant way of doing that? 1.4 ultimate here.

riciJak

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a simple way to autocraft energy conduits or cells (or any end product that requires resources in 2 different engines)? I could probably dump the empty conduit + redstone in one chest and use another system to pull the different materials into the correct machines, but is there a more elegant way of doing that? 1.4 ultimate here.

elegant way ? applied energistics.

riciJak

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using ae for my other autocrafting stuff. But how do I tell the system to put the input materials into different machines?

using export bus. but i dont know a way to make it input exact value it will send all redstone until the magma crucible is filled but not a problem if u got a witch spawner.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Crafting patterns in ME interface. For conduits: 1 pattern connected to a blue input (covers both input slots) of an induction smelter to make electrum. Hardened glass will be the same, but also require a crafting pattern at your pulverizer to make the pulverized obsidian. You then use your MAC to create the empty conduits. Now place an ME interface so it's not directly connected to a machine and place in it your crafting pattern for the conduit (2 redstone + empty conduit). Attach to this interface a diamond pipe that directs all redstone (also probably ender pearls for tesseracts) into your magma crucible and lets everything else go into your liquid transposer (which should obviously be hooked up to the crucible). This system can only make 32 conduits at a time due to the stack limit, but you could aways increase that number with a few hoppers.

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019

2 steps for conduit, 3 steps for energy cells or tesseracts:

1. crafting patterns in MAC for empty frames, empty conduit and other required items (hardened glass, conductance coils etc.)

2. Set up the following, top row above bottom row

ME Interface | MFR Item Router | MFR Item Router
ME Import Bus | Liquid Transposer | Magma Crucible

ME interface: ME craft patterns for conduit, energy cell frame (filled), tesseract frame (filled)
Item router 1: route redstone and ender pearls to item router 2, route frames and empty conduit into liquid transposer
Item router 2: route redstone and ender pearls into magma crucible
Liquid transposer: inputs from item router 1 and magma crucible, output to import bus
Magma crucible: input from item router 2, output to liquid transposer

3. crafting pattern in mac to create finished product (combine filled frame with other bits)