Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
I generally like to pre-fill the magma crucible with resonant ender, molten glowstone, and destabilised redstone.
It's slightly less of a wait to get my stuff back, that way.

cynric

Jul 29, 2019
I generally like to pre-fill the magma crucible with resonant ender, molten glowstone, and destabilised redstone.

That is actually a good idea for later in the game, when it doesn't matter that a bunch of stuff is always in the machines. Obviously requires to duplicate the whole setup for each liquid though.

For now I used the interface dumping stuff into a diamond pipe that sorts it into the correct machines. Didn't know interfaces would do that automatically, saves me the whole chest + pumping out before sorting part. Thanks for the ideas everyone.

Reactions: ApSciLiara

Dr_appleman

Jul 29, 2019

If you're talking about the leftover liquid then you can use a portable tank and fill it with the leftover liquid to use later.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
If you're talking about the leftover liquid then you can use a portable tank and fill it with the leftover liquid to use later.
The whole point here is to automate productoon, just click on "Redstone Energy Cell" and it makes one. Running around having to fill up portable tanks to keep the system working isn't part of the requirement.
ok then, so you got a better way?
No I don't, but someone has suggested that diamond pipes can be used directly. I'll have to try that myself soon, I was already considering adding TE power stuff to my AE system. I might just go for the overkill solution as I have plenty of Redstone though.

KyoNeko66

Jul 29, 2019
I think the easyest solution would indeed be the diamond pipe. Just make a pattern of 1 empty conduet and 4(?) redstone is a filled conduet. Im pretty sure a ME interface (or what item was it?) can output into pipes. Have it pump into a diamond pipe, redstone to the magma crusible and the conduet to the liquid transposer.

Ravnen

Jul 29, 2019
Does the speed trait of bees affect the rate of special abilities such as XP gain and flux removal?

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
However.
The flux removal trait of the pure bee was added in a very unique way - as a flower trait, and as a product by "crystallising" the flux.

Due to creating extra products ie crystallised flux, this MAY be exempt for the flux eating pure bees.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
I have a dumb question. Im trying to set up autocrafting with my AE system. I got everything set up, so I can autocraft solars. Easy enough. My problem comes with glass though. I understand I need to put in a pattern into my ME interface. So to start I made a pattern of Sandstone -> Sand because pulverizers can do that. Now, what sort of pipes would I need to connect to hook this all up so it'd actually do that? My machines are all close together aswell, so would it know to send it to one machine and not another?

http://i.imgur.com/V2Iv3ML.jpg

Thats my set up right now. Ofcourse Id like to add in patterns for extracting rubberwood into rubber, etcetcetc. Is there a way I could set up piping to connect it all without it getting confused some how? Im new to all of this and I still dunno piping much.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
I have a dumb question. Im trying to set up autocrafting with my AE system. I got everything set up, so I can autocraft solars. Easy enough. My problem comes with glass though. I understand I need to put in a pattern into my ME interface. So to start I made a pattern of Sandstone -> Sand because pulverizers can do that. Now, what sort of pipes would I need to connect to hook this all up so it'd actually do that? My machines are all close together aswell, so would it know to send it to one machine and not another?

http://i.imgur.com/V2Iv3ML.jpg

Thats my set up right now. Ofcourse Id like to add in patterns for extracting rubberwood into rubber, etcetcetc. Is there a way I could set up piping to connect it all without it getting confused some how? Im new to all of this and I still dunno piping much.
Easiest way to set it up is to put an ME interface on top of the machine you wish to use for processing. Place your crafting pattern in the ME interface. If you are using TE machines make sure they take their input from the top (or put the ME interface on the side of the machine you have configured for input). Now place an import bus on the side of the machine (or whatever side would allow it to take items from the output slot). That's it, you're done and no need for piping.

schyman

Jul 29, 2019
Is the a guide to what affects what when it comes to tinker's constructs? I find it a bit hard to grasp, especially with stuff like the large plates etc.

Like, how do I know what difference there will be between a Manyullun broad axehead with obsidian large plate, bronze binding and steel rod, and one with steel axehead, bronze large plate, manyullun binding and obsidian rod? And similar stuff. From what I've gathered, the toolhead affects mining speed, mining level and to some degree durability, binding affects durability and special abilities and rod affects durability, but I don't know what affects stuff more than that.

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
Is the a guide to what affects what when it comes to tinker's constructs? I find it a bit hard to grasp, especially with stuff like the large plates etc.

Like, how do I know what difference there will be between a Manyullun broad axehead with obsidian large plate, bronze binding and steel rod, and one with steel axehead, bronze large plate, manyullun binding and obsidian rod? And similar stuff. From what I've gathered, the toolhead affects mining speed, mining level and to some degree durability, binding affects durability and special abilities and rod affects durability, but I don't know what affects stuff more than that.
Put them into the tool table without actually building it, all of the stats will be on the right. The books also give guides to what all of the materials do with modifiers and stuff. You can compare two tools by putting them in the tool table as well.

schyman

Jul 29, 2019
Put them into the tool table without actually building it, all of the stats will be on the right. The books also give guides to what all of the materials do with modifiers and stuff. You can compare two tools by putting them in the tool table as well.
That's fine and all when you actually have the pieces. Many parts are expensive though, and I don't feel like smelting an 8 Manyllun large plate to realize i could just have used obsidian. I guess I could play around in creative, but I was wondering if there maybe was a formula or similar.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
That's fine and all when you actually have the pieces. Many parts are expensive though, and I don't feel like smelting an 8 Manyllun large plate to realize i could just have used obsidian. I guess I could play around in creative, but I was wondering if there maybe was a formula or similar.
The ingame books and guides help, but may not be the droids you are looking for.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
There is for the smaller tools, whereas its TE head durability Times the handle
Multiplyer to et the durability, and speed is determined by the head. The binding simply adds that effect, obsidian (reinforced 3) or paper (extra modifyer) are usually recommended.
As to which parts effect what in the new big tools,
I don't know.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Easiest way to set it up is to put an ME interface on top of the machine you wish to use for processing. Place your crafting pattern in the ME interface. If you are using TE machines make sure they take their input from the top (or put the ME interface on the side of the machine you have configured for input). Now place an import bus on the side of the machine (or whatever side would allow it to take items from the output slot). That's it, you're done and no need for piping.

But whos looking for easiest? Needing to build like 20 interfaces would suck. D=