[1.6.4] Material Energy^3 [JamPacked] [HQM] [CTM] [Beta]

CraftsmanChris

Jul 29, 2019
How are you getting XP drops, we setup an area with cursed earth with fans surrounding to drop down a 3x3 area with iron spikes at the bottom hooked up to vacuum hopper. We get all the drops in the AE system but there isnt any XP in the hopper, or in our fluiducts. I read that iron spikes dont give you XP anymore, maybe we're missing something. We tried autonomous activators with swords...lol bad idea. First time a dirt creeper drops down it fills up the dropdown full of dirt.

Here's an image hope this helps. I right-click the tank to get XP.
http://imgur.com/jPsKFGT

Last edited:

Xaintrix

Jul 29, 2019
Im on the quest where i need to fight the wither, whats the best location to do (for minimal damage to base and melee fighting area) this and any recommendations on gear?

I basically went around back of the bedrock buildings and shot it to death using lead shot in the matter cannon. I paid for the (relatively inexpensive) fire protection armor and forgot I had it on really. Basically backpedalling the entire time filling it with lead. Don't skimp on the ammo, iron does a tiny fraction of the damage lead nuggets do. I had plenty after breaking down a couple cobble generators into their base components as I did other quests.

RyTechro

Jul 29, 2019
Hi everyone, I love this modpack so far, and I'm stuck on the mesa quest. I know there have been a few posts like this, and I've completely wrecked my mesa where people said the boosters were. If anyone could help me out with specific coords, that would be awesome. Thanks a ton!
If you stand next to the creeper spawner and look to the main base. You should see a hole in the wall. There are the bits and bots for the boosters

Xaintrix

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you so much for such a fun adventure! In addition to the extensive questing, I think my favorite component of this journey has been the massive amount of rewarding exploration this pack brings. It challenges the player to ask "what's around this corner?" It's little wonder why you won an award!

What little criticism I have isn't well documented since I was too busy having fun. I ended up stuck in progression and ended up finding solutions to get what I needed which were quests later though. It's far from a big issue, and user error is always a possibility probability. I think this happened regarding the fusion reactor where I just flat out crafted the plans to get the necessary elements to finish the quest that rewarded said plans. Not a fan of of the extra mobs, and I felt my fun drain out a bit probably around the jungle wood area and eventually corrupted cell. Sure, it rewards the player buffing up appropriately but it felt like I was wading through the masses like a Warhammer 40k novel. I can safely say that my distaste for spiders has only increased tenfold since playing Material Energy, and I fear for the souls of any spiders I see crawling around the house.

Best of luck with Material Energy^4, I'm sure it will be excellent!

kubiczirkonia

Jul 29, 2019
If you stand next to the creeper spawner and look to the main base. You should see a hole in the wall. There are the bits and bots for the boosters
I appreciate the help, but my mesa is destroyed. At this point, I've looked everywhere in the yellow clay because that's where previous posts had said they were. Can anyone give specific coords? Thanks!

ipodah

Jul 29, 2019
I finally found all trophies. Oh boy, I'm so glad I'm done with that. Some of them are really well hidden, I think I found at least 4 totally by accident. Sneaky sneaky!

Reactions: parcel31u

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
I appreciate the help, but my mesa is destroyed. At this point, I've looked everywhere in the yellow clay because that's where previous posts had said they were. Can anyone give specific coords? Thanks!
If you've mined all the ore, you would've found it. It is really not hard to find. Here are some coords that will lead you to one way of entering the area: -422,+996,8.

Edit: Okay, great. DO NOT PUT MICROBLOCKS IN SPATIAL DUNGEONS. They are not compatible with spatial storage, despite not being in the blacklist in the back of the spatial energy manual. I just had to clean two stacks of glowstone nooks out of the chamber...

Last edited:

IceMasterJ

Jul 29, 2019
If you've mined all the ore, you would've found it. It is really not hard to find. Here are some coords that will lead you to one way of entering the area: -422,+944,8.

Edit: Okay, great. DO NOT PUT MICROBLOCKS IN SPATIAL DUNGEONS. They are not compatible with spatial storage, despite not being in the blacklist in the back of the spatial energy manual. I just had to clean two stacks of glowstone nooks out of the chamber...
Lmao thx for the info

mrbaggins

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone point me to a Metallurgy progression list? I've got tonnes of green Vyrox~~ sitting around, and I've learnt ignatius is crap (Really wish the bags would stop giving me that) but other than that, I've got nothing.

Also, is going to the nether supposed to spawn you in the middle of a lava lake? And when returning, put you about 600 blocks away from the base? because mine did.

And what's the best way to get to the stabilisation core?

And and and.... With the nether artifact, should I take the time to dig thorugh it? Or is visiting it and claiming the reward enough?

jayjay

Jul 29, 2019
hi there iv got one last wool to get which is brown one n cant not think of were it could be can someone point me in the right way ta

kubiczirkonia

Jul 29, 2019
If you've mined all the ore, you would've found it. It is really not hard to find. Here are some coords that will lead you to one way of entering the area: -422,+944,8.

Thanks, but there is no +944. it only goes to +969 in that direction.

Jennasie

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, but there is no +944. it only goes to +969 in that direction.

i found it by going down the the very very bottom of the first hole where there is some mossy cobble, then face the entrance of the storage area and they are behind the wall

Prezombie

Jul 29, 2019
Minechem's recipes still seem to need severe balancing. Eg. Keratin. You get 1 keratin from 2 leather on average, but that 1 keratin can be converted into 5 leather.

Reactions: parcel31u

Cowzgonecrazy

Jul 29, 2019
So I am trying to play LAN with my friend, but every time he opens any sort of inventory his game crashes without a crash log, as if he closed his game out entirely. Anyone know how to fix this?