[1.6.4] Material Energy^3 [JamPacked] [HQM] [CTM] [Beta]

fane0info

Jul 29, 2019
So far I killed two withers and no division sigil. I am on version 1.4.5 and so far I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Falkner35

Jul 29, 2019
Just a note... Not sure if someone else has mentioned, but I got this quest to work by activating a full resonant flux capacitor into charge mode (shift right click), waiting a bit, then deactivating it (shift right click again). I didn't have anything to charge, but I was trying everything and that seemed to make the quest trigger.[DOUBLEPOST=1412579331][/DOUBLEPOST]
Just a note on this, the ender lilies grow fastest on ender-cores, which are all over the station as decorations. And you'll get like 6 more once you get up top. :)
Of course, i forgot you could get ender-cores before the quest.[DOUBLEPOST=1412583465][/DOUBLEPOST]
So far I killed two withers and no division sigil. I am on version 1.4.5 and so far I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
That doesn't matter, in a later quest you get something called a psuedo-inversion sigil which works just the same. Unless you need to complete the block of unstable ingot quest to unlock it... You could also just go into creative mode. I got a sigil from the wither, so it's in your right to cheat in an item that is made unobtainable by a bug.

fane0info

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, but if it's a bug, where is it coming from?

You need in a quest a division sigil. That's my problem.

I know I could cheat my way into that quest but I rather search what's wrong.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question: isn't the division sigil supposed to drop when you kill the wither?
The division sigil does not drop when you kill the wither.

The division sigil has a high chance to drop when you kill the wither.

You just got bad luck!

fane0info

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I didn't know that. In other modpacks I got 100% of the time the division sigil so I thought it was a sure thing. So..... more withers killed :)

Thank you for the info :)

OmegasParadox

Jul 29, 2019
Half of my Quests just reset! i had just gotten 100% on the first in the list and then it has reset to 50% along with other quest lines too. How can i fix this? I killed 28 withers to complete it.. or they did most of the work and I collected the stars but still.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Half of my Quests just reset! i had just gotten 100% on the first in the list and then it has reset to 50% along with other quest lines too. How can i fix this? I killed 28 withers to complete it.. or they did most of the work and I collected the stars but still.
I'm going to assume you updated the pack since now there is only one way of getting 100% on first chapter and that is completing all other chapters and you dont talk like you had 100% on all of them.

Pack gets updates, quests change... new ones come... its the life of a pack!

And, as I said, you will only get 100% on first chapter when you complete all the chapters and some quests are hidden, so.... have fun!

Mount

Jul 29, 2019
I feel like the level called Nightmare should be renamed to Dungeon and the level named Dungeon should be renamed to Nightmare because jesus christ, I guess I'm on the last level of said dungeon and it is total annihilation, 30 minutes of nausea/set on fire/super run speed and night vision each time you hit the mini zombies, they are immune to lava, the matter cannon seems to avoid the debuffs but these bastards are clearly made out of the same material as the T-1000

I haven't gotten there yet but... if they're immune to lava.. have you tried liquid Cryotheum?

Erik Deakin

Jul 29, 2019
I am hosting a server and ran into an issue with forestry being added to opt.txt.
When the forestry added the forestry user to this file we can no longer can access chests, break blocks or open our AE system.
has anyone else run into this issue or have a fix?
everything works fine if I remove all the users from the opt.txt file, but every time forestry runs it occurs again.

Thanks in advance

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
What are people doing for power generation? Considering you can't even get an automatic tree farm set up without buying fertilizer, it seems like the only passive power generation is the Pink Generator via pink bees, the Solar Generator of course, and the TNT Generator powered by a mob farm killing creepers. Speaking of mob farms, I'm not sure how to make one. It seems like there's no way to kill tiny spiders while also collecting their drops. I guess you could power a culinary generator from rotten flesh and spider eyes but I can't imagine that being effective.

There are a bunch of different renewable resources you can use to power generators, but... well, none of them are particularly fast and it's not like you can scale up manual power generation very much.

...hang on, where can I even get mobs to spawn? Do they ONLY spawn inside the spatial pylon areas?

Last edited:

Falkner35

Jul 29, 2019
Of course, i forgot you could get ender-cores before the quest.[DOUBLEPOST=1412583465][/DOUBLEPOST]
That doesn't matter, in a later quest you get something called a psuedo-inversion sigil which works just the same. Unless you need to complete the block of unstable ingot quest to unlock it...
What are people doing for power generation? Considering you can't even get an automatic tree farm set up without buying fertilizer, it seems like the only passive power generation is the Pink Generator via pink bees, the Solar Generator of course, and the TNT Generator powered by a mob farm killing creepers. Speaking of mob farms, I'm not sure how to make one. It seems like there's no way to kill tiny spiders while also collecting their drops. I guess you could power a culinary generator from rotten flesh and spider eyes but I can't imagine that being effective.

There are a bunch of different renewable resources you can use to power generators, but... well, none of them are particularly fast and it's not like you can scale up manual power generation very much.

...hang on, where can I even get mobs to spawn? Do they ONLY spawn inside the spatial pylon areas?
I've been able to survive on energy cells from rewards and miscellaneous generators fed with what i have. Free full resonant energy cells may as well be creative ones.

FizzX

Jul 29, 2019
I've been able to survive on energy cells from rewards and miscellaneous generators fed with what i have. Free full resonant energy cells may as well be creative ones.
Mostly lava gen from the nether with the ender-thermic pump. Pro-tip to deal with the lake of lava you spawn in: a bucket of liquifacted coal is your friend. Works like water.

FizzX

Jul 29, 2019
I've also had trouble turning in the Curative Mead for the "Brewing Antidotes" quest. I've tried the versions made with normal pollen (Antidote 3) and Crystalline pollen (Antidote 2), and even cheated in some in creative mode to test, but the quest won't take it.

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
Sugar cane > sugar > sucrose > carbon > charcoal > steam dynamo/survivalist generator (depending on what needs the power). But I have yet to need a ton of power.

This is exactly what I'm doing (well, that and the solar) but I'm not really running a ton of automated machines/etc. And like @Falkner35, those fancier energy cells go a long way.

Arcadious

Jul 29, 2019
I'm running into a bug with the Utility Mobs Block Golems. They work fine after spawning, but if I restart the local server then I'm unable to command them to sit. Anyone else have this problem?

RedSpah

Jul 29, 2019
Just how much energy one needs to fire off that Corrupted disc? I swear, I have over 200 fully charged energy cells and the damn thing still won't work.

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
Just how much energy one needs to fire off that Corrupted disc? I swear, I have over 200 fully charged energy cells and the damn thing still won't work.

Someone up above in the thread mentioned a solution

not sure if this is spoiler-worthy or that it applies to your situation, but, you can't use the corrupted disk in the spatial IO that's in the observatory. Apparently it's too small. You'll have to find a larger chamber...