Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
See, we COULD make a FTB pocket edition modpack. No more excuses ;)

Although it sounds like it would have to be android only, which makes me sad :(
You'd have to set up a "Forge" for both platforms, and you'd have to jailbreak the iPhone, not sure about Android. And Apple doesn't like it when people jailbreak stuff.
Big tech companies from most to least evil IMO:
-Apple
-Microsoft
-Google

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Is that another mod, or did you refer me to RC's reinforced tracks? I'm not using H.S. Tracks, because of the aforementioned explosions.
Which brings us to the previous point about watching for explosions. You have to chunkload the whole track, and make darn sure you have the thing set up correctly, or you'll get some lovely explosions. Oh, and make sure no stray pig or cow or creeper wanders on the line when something zooms down.
You only need to worry about explosions if you make turns, and in that case just slow down before them. For chunkloading, get a chunkloading cart...
Use a locomotive engine.
This works too.

Reactions: Padfoote

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
From Whats New:
Never thought I would see the day that MJ dies
keyp. however, if RF cable connect to buildcraft machines and buildcraft kenisis pipes connect to RF machines, then imo, its basically RF.(not saying if it does happen that way it will be bad, i would just prefer keeping MJ separate)(i dunno if it will even happen this way)

t'is sad.
Don't add in any other cables and all MJ mechanics will be kept no matter what machines you use.
what i mean is, if you can power MJ stuff with RF, and RF stuff with MJ, and they are both using the "RF" api, then imo, MJ is just RF in different cables.(my opinion)

The way I see it should work is that Conduits only connect to native RF machines, pipes to MJ machines (even though both are using the API), but there is a converter engine/dynamo/magic box that converts from one to the other at a lossy rate (configurable).

Reactions: Padfoote

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
From Whats New:

The way I see it should work is that Conduits only connect to native RF machines, pipes to MJ machines (even though both are using the API), but there is a converter engine/dynamo/magic box that converts from one to the other at a lossy rate (configurable).
agreed.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
No. We are keeping ALL MJ mechanics, just using RF for the external API and not MJ. Really. That is the sole difference. Most people ideslly won't even notice a difference gameplay wise.
Personally, I think the change should have been made without any notification, then a few weeks after release, casually mention, "oh, using RF API now guys..." :p

Too many people have doom n gloom attitude.

But a key thing for both BC and TE devs is to be convinced that each mods ducts/pipes should not connect directly to the other mods machines. Then 2nd thing to convince, is provide a configurable lossy converter magic block:p

RenzosNips

Jul 29, 2019
No. We are keeping ALL MJ mechanics, just using RF for the external API and not MJ. Really. That is the sole difference. Most people ideally won't even notice a difference gameplay wise.
People just want to complain and use tinfoil hats. I mean, after, RF is the end of all modding, and we should all go back to beta where the only mods were BC and IC.

unknown zombie

Jan 31, 2013
Florida
No. We are keeping ALL MJ mechanics, just using RF for the external API and not MJ. Really. That is the sole difference. Most people ideally won't even notice a difference gameplay wise.
This sounds fantastic. I'll be excited to use my BC infrastructure on more machines.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk