Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
From Queue's thread:
Zenthon_127 said:
And at this rate BC itself will probably transfer over to RF and then everything will be normal. In fact, if BC indeed transfers you could technically use every RF mod just like you would with the current MJ versions of Forestry and RC.

psychic powers confirmed

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Actually it might be for the better as a whole, for players who preferred BC's mechanics and wanted to power other mods' machinery with BC's power system can do so now.

Though I am not sure about the reverse, I would be happy if players like me could use other easier RF power system to power BC's machinery as well. :)

VapourDrive

Jul 29, 2019
Actually it might be for the better as a whole, for players who preferred BC's mechanics and wanted to power other mods' machinery with BC's power system can do so now.

Though I am not sure about the reverse, I would be happy if players like me could use other easier RF power system to power BC's machinery as well. :)
With RF as a basis for the power system that Buildcraft would follow, it would be almost guarenteed that perdition could be turned on or off in the config like flicking a switch, easily changing between the old mechanic we all know and *cough* love and a "plug and play" RF feel. I am sure that the mod is in good and willing hands though and that we have no real reason to fear anything. I can't really see how this is a bad thing from any angle. MJ is not dead at all, the beauty of it can be replicated well inside RF while unifying things to an extent.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Said to me on the FTB TeamSpeak by that acquaintance I mentioned in the "s***storm" post:
"BC is dropping MJ. We won!".

And that is why I am concerned. BC can keep its identity while still using RF. But "won"?

It's comments like that that really concern me about both the state of modding and the mental capabilities of the modded MC community members.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
There is a reason I am becoming increasingly disinterested in FTB, that is the main reason. Until RF mods take off from the "set and forget" mentality or FTB retracts its desicion to only use RF, I will not be using official FTB packs. It is as simple as that.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
There is a reason I am becoming increasingly disinterested in FTB, that is the main reason. Until RF mods take off from the "set and forget" mentality or FTB retracts its desicion to only use RF, I will not be using official FTB packs. It is as simple as that.
FTB's decision to move to RF-centric packs was because of the larger quantity of mods that supported it (remember, they were still going to include railcraft and forestry because while MJ mods, they still supported RF) and for the most part buildcraft was at the time pretty much the only mod that would not link to RF. and since they had to try to create a variety of packs with differing content, that was why they made the decision. That never meant that noone could have created a public pack that included BC.

Let's look at it as it is now....the reality is ONLY BC was left that was having trouble with rf and only generated MJ. That has changed obviously, and spacetoad stated the way BC works would not change and even said that if he had never announced this and just did it, noone would have ever known.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
FTB's decision to move to RF-centric packs was because of the larger quantity of mods that supported it (remember, they were still going to include railcraft and forestry because while MJ mods, they still supported RF) and for the most part buildcraft was at the time pretty much the only mod that would not link to RF. and since they had to try to create a variety of packs with differing content, that was why they made the decision. That never meant that noone could have created a public pack that included BC.

Let's look at it as it is now....the reality is ONLY BC was left that was having trouble with rf and only generated MJ. That has changed obviously, and spacetoad stated the way BC works would not change and even said that if he had never announced this and just did it, noone would have ever known.
Re-read my post. You did not understand why I am against RF. Go back and re-evaluate what I said. I don't like RF because:
a) A universal power system that everything must adhere to if it is to be included diminishes creativity
and
b) Every mod so far for RF has a simple, set-and-forget mentality that I am extremely against. @Strikingwolf and @SatanicSanta's mod will be the only RF mod that I use for a while.

Reactions: SatanicSanta

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Said to me on the FTB TeamSpeak by that acquaintance I mentioned in the "s***storm" post:

And that is why I am concerned. BC can keep its identity while still using RF. But "won"?

Don't' forget to copy that post here. :D
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...-that-people-have-said-about-modded-mc.47641/[DOUBLEPOST=1409711193][/DOUBLEPOST]
Re-read my post. You did not understand why I am against RF. Go back and re-evaluate what I said. I don't like RF because:
a) A universal power system that everything must adhere to if it is to be included diminishes creativity
and
b) Every mod so far for RF has a simple, set-and-forget mentality that I am extremely against. @Strikingwolf and @SatanicSanta's mod will be the only RF mod that I use for a while.

I think you are confusing RF (the api) and mods that use RF. You don't seem to have a problem with RF it's self but how mods use it.

Reactions: PierceSG

RenzosNips

Jul 29, 2019

You realize that a lot of the Minecraft community are minors, and that most don't have the maturity to see that it wasn't a competition? I mean, I know a lot of people that we interact with here are mature enough to understand that, but... You, as a popular mod dev, should really know by now to ignore 90%(or more) in suggestions, bug reports, and general understanding of any topic from this community.

Reactions: RedBoss

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
Jesus christ, you people are STILL arguing over this? Just let it go we have had two separate threads to argue about this. Absolutely nothing will change at this point just because you whine about getting the short end of the stick.

Reactions: RedBoss