Zombies Destroying Light Sources

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
i like this mod but Zombies not only destroy and pickup torches...but also Warded Jars (filled with essentia). I think this isn´t intended. i lost 7 Jars within 2 (RL)hours of playing...that sucks!

Basically if it emits light, you should safeguard it from zombies.

chronos_qc

Jul 29, 2019
well, I can understand the challenge of fighting armored zombies, but a configuration option to control the armored mob spawning, or a configuration option of the chance of the armor dropping would be nice to have, as it just feels too easy for me to get easy resources like that... just make a dirthut and camp in at at night with a few dozen swords and get all the free resources...

Special mobs already have the configs for it, you can disable armor and weapon drops. Btw, that is what I use on my server (this and Zombie Awareness mod) and trust me, it really is terrifying. If I open my door without activating my turtle security system or my lava trap, I am dead in a matter of seconds.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
How are you getting ZA and Special Mobs to work hand in hand. Always overloads the server causing it to shutdown for me (and some others).

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
How are you getting ZA and Special Mobs to work hand in hand. Always overloads the server causing it to shutdown for me (and some others).

I had to figure this one out for my pack, Sleepless Horrors. Basically you have to reduce the range away from players they'll spawn and the amount extra they'll spawn until you reach a balance on performance. I recommend reducing range first because even though zombie awareness allows distant zombies to move around, they've still got less than a minute to get close enough to a player to avoid despawning. On the Special Mobs side of things, eliminating some of the options by setting their weight/chance to 0 can help; especially when working with other mods that also have redundant equipping routines. Basically you don't want the mods fighting each other because the player always loses.

That being said, it'd be great if FatherToast and Coro could get together with King Lemming or someone like him and work more efficiency into the code.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I know this is mainly about zombies, but I found out the hard way that hecates (from ARS magica 2) will kill tc4 golems. I think hecates generally hate all entities, as I've seen them attack skeletons before. The first time this happened, I was away from my base, and I thought they had despawned as my base wasn't chunk loaded yet, the next two times I heard a hecate outside my base and went outside to find both of my golems gone.

I was on single player, so just respawned the chop and gatherer golems back in (as they were a pain to craft), but if this happened on a server, it could be quite annoying.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I had to figure this one out for my pack, Sleepless Horrors. Basically you have to reduce the range away from players they'll spawn and the amount extra they'll spawn until you reach a balance on performance. I recommend reducing range first because even though zombie awareness allows distant zombies to move around, they've still got less than a minute to get close enough to a player to avoid despawning. On the Special Mobs side of things, eliminating some of the options by setting their weight/chance to 0 can help; especially when working with other mods that also have redundant equipping routines. Basically you don't want the mods fighting each other because the player always loses.

That being said, it'd be great if FatherToast and Coro could get together with King Lemming or someone like him and work more efficiency into the code.
Could you share your config?

Sleepless Horrors is similar to Omega Dawn in it's design goal. We've been "enjoying" dealing with infernal mob ZA zombie hordes on hard mode for quite some months.

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
Could you share your config?

Sleepless Horrors is similar to Omega Dawn in it's design goal. We've been "enjoying" dealing with infernal mob ZA zombie hordes on hard mode for quite some months.

Keep in mind that my configs are specific to the pack they were made for, so there's some mob types turned off (balance concerns) and others made less rare as well as the armor equipping routines because I'm also using Mekanism (which does not currently have a config for its equipping routines). I don't know if anything significant has changed between versions, but these configs are for 1.6.4 versions of the mods.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9396244/SpecialMobs.cfg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9396244/ZombieAwarenessconfigs.zip

Reactions: Golrith

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Thanks. Hopefully this will guide me to have both ZA and SM working hand in hand

KollinsK

Jul 29, 2019
I was trying out FTB Monster and couldn't figure out why all the Cave Crystals from GeoStrata wrere broken. So basically with Special Mobs enabled, most of those colored cave crystals that give buffs will have been broken into dropped entities and despawn before you get to them?! When I'm walking around on the surface, all the Special Mobs zombies will be underground destroying useful items. Will they walk on redstone ore and then destroy that too?!

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
My next world I am going to install some difficulty mods like this one. Hunger tweaks and Infernal Mobs too most likely.

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
I was trying out FTB Monster and couldn't figure out why all the Cave Crystals from GeoStrata wrere broken. So basically with Special Mobs enabled, most of those colored cave crystals that give buffs will have been broken into dropped entities and despawn before you get to them?! When I'm walking around on the surface, all the Special Mobs zombies will be underground destroying useful items. Will they walk on redstone ore and then destroy that too?!
You can always change the mob's behavior in the configs or disable the mod entirely. Tbh, I disabled it a while back mainly because the mobs were just too annoying. :p