Zombie Pigman farm

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Augustuslwz

Jul 29, 2019
hey all,
which machine is the best ore processor in ftb?
any ideas on making a ore processing factory?
+ a nice zombie pigmen farm with EE3 for diamonds

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
There isn't a single 'best'. For example an overclocked macerator can be the fastest but it requires a lot of energy. Factorization machines can give you the most ingots for your ore. Thermal expansion machines are very convenient to use. Try them all and figure out what works for you.

And if you're going to use EE3 for diamonds you can just as wel creative them in IMHO.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
There isn't a "best" per say, everybody has slightly different setups. Industrial grinders are good late game, and Pulverizers are good early game. Simples. Furnaces are furnaces. BC pipes to transport between things.

For your (kinda cheaty :p) diamond farm, I suggest fabricators. No way to farm minium shards afaik, so you'll have to keep that filled yourself.

Ta-ta!
EDIT: Hi Hydra, our posts are very similar...

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I am playing on the Ultimate Pack currently, I started my ore processing with a Macerator, I upgraded that into a Rotary Macerator. Then a Creeper blew that up so I remade it, now my ore processing is not automated, but I use the GregTech Industrial Grinders. If you set it up so it automatically puts all the tiny piles of metals into Factorization Packagers, and takes all dusts into a bunch of furnaces (I currently do this with 7 Blulectric Furnaces), you've got a pretty good ore processing set up.

As for a zombie pigmen diamond farm: Get a Tier 5 Zombie Pigmen spawner (going to be a little hard unless you are one badass motherfucker) and make a spawner room. Put the soul cage in it, and put water leading to one hole. I don't know if water kills zombie pigmen, if it doesn't use attack turtles to slaughter those fuckers. Then you can use either Fabricators or Autocrafting tables, or an IC2 Compressor (depending on the modpack) to make gold. Then throw the gold ingots into a Fabricator or Auto crafting table with a minium stone- BOOM! DIAMONDS!

@Hydra, Minium Stones break very fast so you end up using a lot of gold and iron to make them. Also, the mod is in the pack for a reason, people like alchemy. If you don't, don't use it, but don't pull this pseudo mod user crap. If you can't stand EE so much, remove it from your launcher. I personally find this a very helpful mod early game, especially if you have GT on hard mode (like I do). Also, he wasn't asking for your opinion of the mod, he was asking how he could make a diamond farm using the mod. If you cannot help him in that question, don't bother mentioning it.

Reactions: shockwave95

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
@Hydra, Minium Stones break very fast so you end up using a lot of gold and iron to make them. Also, the mod is in the pack for a reason, people like alchemy. If you don't, don't use it, but don't pull this pseudo mod user crap. If you can't stand EE so much, remove it from your launcher. I personally find this a very helpful mod early game, especially if you have GT on hard mode (like I do). Also, he wasn't asking for your opinion of the mod, he was asking how he could make a diamond farm using the mod. If you cannot help him in that question, don't bother mentioning it.

So you can't handle me simply giving an opinion (which he can completely ignore if he wants, it was very obviously stated as just an opinion) but you do feel the need to vent your opinion on my opinion. Bit of a hypochrite are we?

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
So you can't handle me simply giving an opinion (which he can completely ignore if he wants, it was very obviously stated as just an opinion) but you do feel the need to vent your opinion on my opinion. Bit of a hypochrite are we?
I'm fine with your opinion, it was completely irrelevant on this thread. If you want to vent about Ee, start a thread about it.

Heliomance

Jul 29, 2019
I am playing on the Ultimate Pack currently, I started my ore processing with a Macerator, I upgraded that into a Rotary Macerator. Then a Creeper blew that up so I remade it, now my ore processing is not automated, but I use the GregTech Industrial Grinders. If you set it up so it automatically puts all the tiny piles of metals into Factorization Packagers, and takes all dusts into a bunch of furnaces (I currently do this with 7 Blulectric Furnaces), you've got a pretty good ore processing set up.

As for a zombie pigmen diamond farm: Get a Tier 5 Zombie Pigmen spawner (going to be a little hard unless you are one badass motherfucker) and make a spawner room. Put the soul cage in it, and put water leading to one hole. I don't know if water kills zombie pigmen, if it doesn't use attack turtles to slaughter those fuckers. Then you can use either Fabricators or Autocrafting tables, or an IC2 Compressor (depending on the modpack) to make gold. Then throw the gold ingots into a Fabricator or Auto crafting table with a minium stone- BOOM! DIAMONDS!

They don't break at all fast. They have 1521 uses. 1521 diamonds is a lot of diamonds.

Also, it is possible to autofarm minium, at least in Ultimate 1.0.2+.

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
Minium bees now too

on topic: best ore processing: industrial grinder + some kind of furnace (furnace can chaange depending on your preffered power type, speed etc)

For tiny dusts my own preference is electric crafting tables

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
best ore processing is a parallel system, if one machine can't keep up add some more

you can increase the speed of the IC2 machines but you get diminishing returns quite fast

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
They don't break at all fast. They have 1521 uses. 1521 diamonds is a lot of diamonds.

Also, it is possible to autofarm minium, at least in Ultimate 1.0.2+.

Cool incorrect story, you don't get nearly so many. And I can make infinite diamonds using just IC2 and vanilla mechanics. So nyah.

People need to make their peace with this cobble-to-diamonds stuff. A lot of mods are going this route.

arentol

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, Pulverizers are the best early on because they are easy to get up and running and they give a small chance to get a third dust from some of the ores. Also automation with hoppers and a powered furnace is far simpler with them than with a Macerator and electric furnace.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

hotblack desiato

Jul 29, 2019
the absolutely first one should be the quartz grindstone. it doesn't require iron or gold or redstone and allows ore doubling at the really early stages. but it can't be automated (okay, there is one way... get a turtle to slap the crank all the time).

kilteroff

Jul 29, 2019
People need to make their peace with this cobble-to-diamonds stuff. A lot of mods are going this route.

QFT. Sandbox. Teardown, rebuild. Learn, learn new thing. It's a modular game, if you just canNOT adapt to and adopt new meta as it comes.. Type 1 magic tg tourneys are that way -->

Heliomance

Jul 29, 2019
Cool incorrect story, you don't get nearly so many. And I can make infinite diamonds using just IC2 and vanilla mechanics. So nyah.

If you're making your diamonds straight out of gold, you will get that many. If you're making them from cobble, then more transmutations are involved per diamond, so obviously the stone will wear out faster. OP was talking about using a zombie pigman farm, so he'll be transmuting gold directly to diamonds, and will thus get 1521 per stone.