Zelda Wii U

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
So Nintendo is going to announce a bunch of games at E3, most notably the ones I am excited for are Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8, and Zelda Wii U. Although the console has gotten a lot of hate(and for some good reasons) I am excited for what the game pad might other as far as gameplay goes. They were originally suppose to annouce it at last years E3 but they stalled it so they could have more time to work on thier ideas. My point in making this thread is to see what the other people to share what they want from this Zelda. Gameplay mechanics, Items, Dungeons, and whatever else you hope to be in this new zelda. You can also post info you might have on the next zelda here if you like (please no sketchiness from redit we all know thats probably fake).

TheCupcakeisaLie

Jul 29, 2019
The only way I will buy a Wii u is if the next console doesn't have backwards compatibility and this Zelda game is any good.
Rumors start here.
I am pretty sure I read somewhere this next Zelda game is supposed to be massive, as in the first temple is the size of OOT's hyrule field. It hope it takes along time to complete, as skyward sword felt somewhat short. It has alot to live up to.

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
The only way I will buy a Wii u is if the next console doesn't have backwards compatibility and this Zelda game is any good.
Rumors start here.
I am pretty sure I read somewhere this next Zelda game is supposed to be massive, as in the first temple is the size of OOT's hyrule field. It hope it takes along time to complete, as skyward sword felt somewhat short. It has alot to live up to.

yeah... after my 3 time playing SS i finished it in 5-6 hours. I have also heard that one of the developers wanted hyrule to be more like bethesda skyrim

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
image.jpg

Reactions: SkeletonPunk

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
OOOOOHHHH SHIT we abouts to get all technical up in here

This is my honest opinion on what is needed to make a GREAT zelda game:

Lets start with art style, my favorite art style was from Twilight Princess and still is, the characters were all unique and interesting and you could tell this by just looking at them, the atmosphere was slightly serious and at the same time inviting. and the terrain and surroundings were overall very well done. Their artwork is still the one that remains in my head to this day and it is the best i have seen in the series so far.

Now how about world gen? A mixture between Twilight Princess and Majoras Mask would be very interesting to see. Majoras mask had some pretty awesome places to go to and the over all feel to it was very inviting and very fun to look at in general. That plus Twilight princess's very interesting natural terrain might be a sight to behold.

Now how about dungeons? I would say, difficulty and puzzle wise. A mixture between Skyward Sword, Ocarina Of Time, and (yet again) Majora's Mask. The Overall Puzzles in all of them were pretty good and i enjoyed their dungeons very much so. It was hard but not go in a room and yell your lungs out to cool down for an hour hard (looking at you zelda 1).

Game Progression? I liked Twilight Princess's game progression as well as Ocarina of time's and (COINCIDENCE?) Majora's Masks. Twilight Princess because the in game content besides the dungeons was quite enjoyable, OOT because of the previous stated reason, but even the tedious stuff was fun somehow, and Majora's mask because of the side quests and how FUCKING FUN they were.

Side Quests? Like I said. Majora's mask's side quests were awesome and they made up a good part of the game, everything was just a bit easier when you completed a few side quests before hand and got those masks that would help out alot. and if you completed ALL of them and got ALL the masks, you could get the fierce deity mask. I liked that about the game, how doing everything gave you a very great reward.

Main Villian? Gannon, DUH you N3Wb. though it is said that the timeline the new one will fall under is the one with Majora's mask so ya never know...

That's about all I want... Not a lot right?

TheCupcakeisaLie

Jul 29, 2019
And wtf was up with that great evil one dude is SS? Nintindo, his name is Gannon. Everything about SS felt to happy to me, and too much like wind waker. I felt like SS also had just too many items, or maybe it was my shitty gyroscope in my Wii controller and I could never select anything if I needed it. I loved the oot dungeons, esp. the block moving ones and I enjoyed the water temple. It will be hard to make it good because so many other games have taken suite after many of its features (sneaking around gerudo fortress? Anyone?)

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
And wtf was up with that great evil one dude is SS? Nintindo, his name is Gannon. Everything about SS felt to happy to me, and too much like wind waker. I felt like SS also had just too many items, or maybe it was my shitty gyroscope in my Wii controller and I could never select anything if I needed it. I loved the oot dungeons, esp. the block moving ones and I enjoyed the water temple. It will be hard to make it good because so many other games have taken suite after many of its features (sneaking around gerudo fortress? Anyone?)

it was the first zelda in the timeline, so "Dimise" will later reincarnate as ganon.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
SS was the start of the whole Zelda Story line, the fact that Demise doesn't have a piece of the tri-force shows that it isn't actually Gannon....

And honestly.. unless Nintendo actually makes a mature Zelda.. I'm done, the kiddy garbage is getting old... Twilight princess is about the closest thing to an actual Zelda I want..

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
SS was the start of the whole Zelda Story line, the fact that Demise doesn't have a piece of the tri-force shows that it isn't actually Gannon....

And honestly.. unless Nintendo actually makes a mature Zelda.. I'm done, the kiddy garbage is getting old... Twilight princess is about the closest thing to an actual Zelda I want..
they have made 1 other mature zelda that i know of. Majora's masked covered some very dark subjects(I.E the world ending and alot of people are in denial about death).

Spikednate12

Nov 14, 2012
I have been a long time huge Zelda fanatic. Simply put, no matter how terrible, no matter how long the game is, or how repetitive it is I will always buy a Zelda game if it comes out period.

It was the first game I played on Game Boy and OOT is still to this day my favorite game out of anything to this point. Still the best game ever made in my opinion as well.

Sadly, I have not been following the new development for Wii U very closely due to preparing for pharmacy school.

However, I do remember seeing teasers for the Wii U Zelda some time ago and I have never 1. stopped being a bit giddy and 2. freaking out because flippin hate spiders.

If the first temple is the size of Hyrule field then I'm about to not sleep for a long time or until my body passes out from exhaustion.

Game progression is something I really enjoyed in OOT, I really enjoyed the songs in correlation with the temples progression. Music in OOT is by far still my favorite to this day. The music aspect in TP left me with something to desire a bit. It was different but eh, something just didn't catch my attention.

Honestly and I may get some backlash here, but Honeybadger don't care. I really felt like MM was ruined by having to reset every three days. I remember playing in the beginning and feeling crunched and rushed. I like to be able to take my time if I please and enjoy the game for how majestic Zelda is.

Villian? Zelda has almost always been about Gannon and in my opinion always should be. I know some people think it gets old. In fact, I read a gameinformer once upon a time with the author of Zelda. He said and I paraphrase, "You know some people are nostalgic for that old school Zelda feel. Also you get criticism if you do something new, and if you don't. You get criticism if you keep the same or you don't. What we aim for is a healthy mix of both."

At this point down the Zelda saga, I think it would be cool to start including some little tributes to older Zelda games as something along the lines of side quests or hidden areas.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
I have been a long time huge Zelda fanatic. Simply put, no matter how terrible, no matter how long the game is, or how repetitive it is I will always buy a Zelda game if it comes out period.

It was the first game I played on Game Boy and OOT is still to this day my favorite game out of anything to this point. Still the best game ever made in my opinion as well.

Sadly, I have not been following the new development for Wii U very closely due to preparing for pharmacy school.

However, I do remember seeing teasers for the Wii U Zelda some time ago and I have never 1. stopped being a bit giddy and 2. freaking out because flippin hate spiders.

If the first temple is the size of Hyrule field then I'm about to not sleep for a long time or until my body passes out from exhaustion.

Game progression is something I really enjoyed in OOT, I really enjoyed the songs in correlation with the temples progression. Music in OOT is by far still my favorite to this day. The music aspect in TP left me with something to desire a bit. It was different but eh, something just didn't catch my attention.

Honestly and I may get some backlash here, but Honeybadger don't care. I really felt like MM was ruined by having to reset every three days. I remember playing in the beginning and feeling crunched and rushed. I like to be able to take my time if I please and enjoy the game for how majestic Zelda is.

Villian? Zelda has almost always been about Gannon and in my opinion always should be. I know some people think it gets old. In fact, I read a gameinformer once upon a time with the author of Zelda. He said and I paraphrase, "You know some people are nostalgic for that old school Zelda feel. Also you get criticism if you do something new, and if you don't. You get criticism if you keep the same or you don't. What we aim for is a healthy mix of both."

At this point down the Zelda saga, I think it would be cool to start including some little tributes to older Zelda games as something along the lines of side quests or hidden areas.
me too, and most zelda fanatics out there as well, they complain and whine but then play it 3 times... also, the the zelda footage (like the one showcasing in E3 back when the gamecube was new) was just a tech demo and nothing else, in fact, it was a revamped seen from Twilight princess if you look close enough.

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019

That Demo your talking about is actually the E3 Tech Demo that was released too show the WiiU's abilities.. it's not a actual game...

And Nintendo has actually been using the same game engine sense, Wind Waker they just tweak it for there current system, the actual CPU/GPU combo on the Wii/WiiU are amped up version's of the GameCube chip.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
That Demo your talking about is actually the E3 Tech Demo that was released too show the WiiU's abilities.. it's not a actual game...

me too, and most zelda fanatics out there as well, they complain and whine but then play it 3 times... also, the the zelda footage (like the one showcasing in E3 back when the gamecube was new) was just a tech demo and nothing else, in fact, it was a revamped scene from Twilight princess if you look close enough.

Spikednate12

Nov 14, 2012
I still hate spiders lol, OOT Deku tree......yeah I still have bad memories. I about threw the controlled at the screen the first time a skulltula fell down in front of me when I first walked inside.

More yet, is there any speculation on what the actual story line is going to be based upon? And also what would everyone like to see it based upon?

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
I still hate spiders lol, OOT Deku tree......yeah I still have bad memories. I about threw the controlled at the screen the first time a skulltula fell down in front of me when I first walked inside.

More yet, is there any speculation on what the actual story line is going to be based upon? And also what would everyone like to see it based upon?
after MM and Before TP would be pretty cool to see, or just after TP. ALSO, i kinda want to see multiplayer or co-op or co-op competitive options on the new zelda but that's just my opinion

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
Just one word: Midna.
remember the end of TP when midna shatters the twilight mirror as she enters it making it impossible to reassemble? yeah.. the only way we will see her again is if A. they somehow make another(which i think is suppose to be impossible) or B. the next zelda somehow takes place in the twilight realm.