Your first Minecraft Experience !!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

KiraZorro

Jul 29, 2019
When you just bought minecraft and decided to play. What did you do first? And tell us your story.
I started looking for a place to hide in the night. When it was night I had a furnace, 2 chests, door, crafting bench and other stuff. I went mob hunting but when I returned home a creeper killed me (my first mob that killed me).
Then days later I went to near hill and set home there. I built a farm and then went mining and got obsidian, went to the nether, discovered a fortress and built a wizard tower. Then I just started hunting, mining, etc... Unfortanly I downloaded a mod that for some reason deleted my map. I even looked in the saves folder but it wasnt there (I know it was the mod since with the mod I wanted to enter the save but it didnt let me and when I uninstalled it, it wasnt there anymore ). So that was the end of my first adventure.
So what is your story?

Cubstep12

Jul 29, 2019
Well when I got my minecraft I was terrified of the nasties that came out at night so I played on peaceful. As a result of this I never had any farms and so spent most of my time mining in and around bedrock layer. I would only switch to normal mode when I was playing with my friends. I did eventually build a small wheat farm farm which had a huge redstone circuit hooked up to it so that the water would harvest it and then disappear with perfect timing (this farm only yielded 6 wheat with every harvest XD)
I then started a huge project when I found a skeleton spawner, It was a huge white room that the skeletons would drop down in to and were one hit from death. I had my enchanting table down there, a nether wart farm, a few brewing stations and an automatic watermelon farm (all to make potions of healing to throw at the skeletons). I had never been any good at design and so my entire house was birch wood floors with stone brick walls, the whole building had a two high roof and was in the side of a hill which had a staircase down to bedrock for my mining with little rooms along the side of the side of the staircase. I still have that world but dont play it anymore due to the fun of FTB :D

BeerHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Those were the days. Some of my online friends had been talking about minecraft, it was minecraft this and minecraft that, and I couldn't really see why this sad excuse for a game caused all the fuzz. Anyway, I woke up one morning with a temperature and a sore throat which made me call in sick from work. After spending a few extra hours in bed I got up to play some games, however none of the games I had installed could make me smile so I decided to get try out minecraft.

I checked out the creative mode just to get the feel and then I created my first survival map. I spawned on a patch of sand next to an ocean and I started to run around, collecting stuff that I didn't know what to do with, then night fell and I had to learn a whole new game called surviving, and I failed over and over again. Google was my friend and pointed me to youtube where Paul Soares Jr showed me how to survive my first night.

A few ingame days later I had myself a beach house made from stone bricks and sandstone, a roof with battlements accessed by a ladder through a trapdoor. I wasn't really hooked but I kept coming back every now and then, that was until I discovered Tekkit which blew me away.

I think I paid 10 Euros, probably the cheapest game I've ever bought, now that's value for money.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
When you just bought minecraft and decided to play. What did you do first? And tell us your story.
I started looking for a place to hide in the night. When it was night I had a furnace, 2 chests, door, crafting bench and other stuff. I went mob hunting but when I returned home a creeper killed me (my first mob that killed me).
Then days later I went to near hill and set home there. I built a farm and then went mining and got obsidian, went to the nether, discovered a fortress and built a wizard tower. Then I just started hunting, mining, etc... Unfortanly I downloaded a mod that for some reason deleted my map. I even looked in the saves folder but it wasnt there (I know it was the mod since with the mod I wanted to enter the save but it didnt let me and when I uninstalled it, it wasnt there anymore ). So that was the end of my first adventure.
So what is your story?

only quoting this so I can see what the hell you wrote, why the balls you changed the colour is beyond me...

I remember I played the free browser version first, which was only creative, and I made a 2 story house out of bricks and wood and the second floor had a ton of book cases in it.
After I bought the game, I built a sand castle, made out of sand... the gravity mechanic I only figured out after I tried to add floors >.<

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
well I found out about minecraft when I was looking for black ops vid's to help me play a little better (found out I was better at hardcore cause I hated putting full clips into everyone) and I had stumbled onto seananners. I watched his black ops and looked at his vids and started to play myself after a while I stumbled across dratnos and discovered the joys of modded minecraft haven't really played vanilla since.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
well I found out about minecraft when I was looking for black ops vid's to help me play a little better (found out I was better at hardcore cause I hated putting full clips into everyone) and I had stumbled onto seananners. I watched his black ops and looked at his vids and started to play myself after a while I stumbled across dratnos and discovered the joys of modded minecraft haven't really played vanilla since.
lol used to love Nanners' original MC series... the way he said "Obnoxious" was freaking epic XD

CasualNotHere

Jul 29, 2019
I remember breaking a few logs, killing a sheep, thinking it was too laggy then googling how to make minecraft less laggier. Then I discovered optifine...

DWLooney

Jul 29, 2019
I first started during Minecraft classic, in 2008. Sooo nostalgic :rolleyes:
Sadly, parent's didn't let me buy the game until last year
But those WERE the good times, when the focus was on building, and not getting to the end (no pun intended)

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
It all started with Coe's Quest, back in early Beta, before Nether even. Back then, food didn't stack, but healed you since there was no hunger mechanic, and wouldn't be for quite some time.

Skeleton spawner trap room with a lava blade was my first epic build, which was godlike to me because it meant that I had infinite arrows! All I had to do was sit at the end of the water stream and let the goods come to me.

Sara Dr In te House

Jul 29, 2019
I started just after the Halloween update that introduced the Nether. So I thought why not visit the Nether. My first two attempts produced improperly sized portals 4x2 and 2x2. As you can guess neither worked. Once I created the portal I thought all would be golden. Upon entering the Nether I discovered something very important afterward. Never take anything through the portal that you don't want to loose. The portal spawned on a projection of gravel over a lava lake. I placed a torch down and found out that the gravel had nothing under it but the lava. My first 2 diamonds I found melted with me in that lava lake. Good Times!!!

Aetherr_

Jul 29, 2019
When I first started I lagged so much that I installed TMI and Optifine and started cheating.

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
I was so scared of everything. Looking back it's funny.

I spawned and started punching wood. Then there was an explosion. I thought that if you punched the bottom of the tree, it would explode (aka, fall down). I won't tell you how long it took me to figure out that it was a creeper.

Reactions: shockwave95

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I started just after the Halloween update that introduced the Nether. So I thought why not visit the Nether. My first two attempts produced improperly sized portals 4x2 and 2x2. As you can guess neither worked. Once I created the portal I thought all would be golden. Upon entering the Nether I discovered something very important afterward. Never take anything through the portal that you don't want to loose. The portal spawned on a projection of gravel over a lava lake. I placed a torch down and found out that the gravel had nothing under it but the lava. My first 2 diamonds I found melted with me in that lava lake. Good Times!!!
Ahh, I have a similar first nether experience. I got spawned on a netherrack ledge. Ghasts spleefed me. Three guesses what was underneath, the first two don't count. I then learned that one should build a floor as well as walls around your nether portal.

I knew that it was going to be tough going... it was called 'the hell dimension' for a reason, after all. So I had brought along my diamond pick, my diamond sword, and a full suit of iron armor. Plus assorted sundries. Couple of stacks of torches, a bow and a couple stacks of arrows, the rest of the inventory were cooked porkchops (remember, didn't stack). But it was the diamond tools that I cried over the most...

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
I spawned in a forest biome.
I tapped the wood.
It was already by moonrise when I finally noticed that I should punch it.
Also, Thread Creator, have you ever watched Bakuman?
>stop going off topic
>hat goes up
>neck goes up
>nope.avi

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
I spawned on a beach (Where I think you mainly spawned back in mid alpha before the Halloween update) I walked until I found a cave, I found a piece of iron and tried to figure out how to get it eventually destroying it with a wood pick that I watched some youtube videos to tell me how to craft and then falling in an ocean and drowning because I couldn't figure out how to swim lmao.

I first heard about minecraft from seananners and in his first video which I only watched 5 minutes of before I was entering my CC info into the website to buy minecraft. All I remember him saying was that monsters started to come and get you once it got dark. At the point that I had started playing I had no idea what a monster looked like or what they would do... So you can probably guess what my reaction was when I saw a creeper lmao.

Reactions: shockwave95

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
I started playing the day beta 1.4 came out, I think. The old beta. Around when wolves, weather, and crops or something were added. I played and ran around for a bit. I punched a tree and thought I installed the game wrong because the tree didn't fall. Then I got frustrated and realized it's just a stupid "feature" and gave up. Then it turned night time, and my screen was at a weird angle so I could only tell then tiny red eyes were attacking me. Then I stopped playing Minecraft. Then my friend told me how to play, and how to get rid of the horrible AI mobs with peaceful mode. then I played a long time and played with mods the first time in the Yogbox for beta 1.8. Then I went on to technic 1.7.3. Then after a long time, I went on to FTB. Now I'm done playing FTB (for the most part) because of the stupid "balance" issues and the way everything is dictated by Greg and how we're held back by mods that don't update. Now I'm playing updated mods on Technic platform so I can leave FTB behind.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
b1.7.3. Dug out a little hole in the side of a hill. Found my first Diamonds in 1.2.3.

Yea. Mostly because I was busy with Plants vs. Zombies.